Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Who will we draft? edition

Pick 11 - Who will it be

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2014-11-05/newman

Simpsons press conference before training today

Says that they will be taking best available in the draft and that they believe there's good depth in the draft

Lucas is being considered and they are intending to go through things with him over the coming days

I'm of the same opinion as well as i would actually rate him higher than Pickett because he is more likely to have an impact as a midfielder.

There should still be a player with some speed at our next pick (note that we also selected Karpany in the last draft)

Weller has speed. Not Picket speed perhaps, but he's fast.

In my opinion no. I still think his best position will be on a hbf at afl level. If not wing. He's just not a natural inside mid at U18 level and its a pretty big step up size wise at AFL level. Unless he grows a few more cm's and then puts on KG's i think he will be undersized as an inside mid and he doesn't have the natural inside instinct to make up for it. Thats my opinion though others may disagree.

With a few more cm he'd play a Luke Hodge role, half back, half forward with runs on the ball.

Duggan ticks a lot of boxes for not just our club, he interviewed very well across all interviews it was reported.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

D Garlett in the news again after going to court. Says he became addicted to meth from his time in Melbourne which led to the burglaries when back home. I'm sure thats when it all started.....Wants to go back to training at Swans.

D Garlett in the news again after going to court. Says he became addicted to meth from his time in Melbourne which led to the burglaries when back home. I'm sure thats when it all started.....Wants to go back to training at Swans.
Bloody Hawthorn culture ;)

We need elite speed / line breakability or elite disposal (preferably both).

To vanilla all rounders, West Coast says NO.
At pick 11, we're not going to get both.
Duggan compares elements of his own game to Pendlebury.

I can see where he's coming from to a point.

Never rushed, great decision maker, great kick and one thing that hasn't been mentioned is his vision by hand which is very good.
Quick thinkers are a valuable commodity.

I really, really rate Weller but I feel at AFL level, he'll be limited in the roles he could play due to his size.
Albeit, he'll be bloody good at what he does.

Duggan isn't Vanilla, he is however silky smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back