Autopsy Dogs belt Aints 84 - 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Good post D Mitchell. Thoughts on JUH’s 3 goals? He played a great first half for a young lad no doubt.
3 kicks, 3 goals, 1 in each of the first 3 quarters, 3 handballs, 1 (uncontested) mark. Look at the replay and look how and from where those 3 goals came. 1 mark, low down and on a lead, one. Last night was his opportunity to display his wares as a marking key forward in the absence of Naughton. He played like an elusive forward pocket. I recall at least 6 contested marking opportunities, not one success. On the Club website is a post match interview, if you haven't seen it, have a look, the interviewer congratulates on his 3 goals, the first time this season, probably ever, and at round 17 that he's kicked multiple goals. He modestly, to his credit, acknowledged the praise and to his further credit added that he still has to do some work on his defensive game. That says to me to me that Bev got stuck into him about his lack of chase or forward defence, let alone intensity, it was so obvious to anyone there. I saw him go off early in the last quarter but didn't see him return, i e he was dragged, when the heat's on you want contest beasts. I saw nothing that suggested any improvement other than that, given the opportunities within striking distance, he can kick multiple goals every 17 rounds. If you want him to be an elusive forward pocket type who's conversion rate is high every now and then, he's your man. If you want him to be a key position, marking target, he needs a lot more time in the 2s. How's the weather in Brisbane tonight, BD ?

For any who might have taken an interest in the adventures of my footy neighbours, last night, my unruly mate and the big bloke with the Clint Eastwood stare had a number of culturally sensitive exchanges without rancour.

Last edited:
3 kicks, 3 goals, 1 in each of the first 3 quarters, 3 handballs, 1 (uncontested) mark. Look at the replay and look how and from where those 3 goals came. 1 mark, low down and on a lead, one. Last night was his opportunity to display his wares as a marking key forward in the absence of Naughton. He played like an elusive forward pocket. I recall at least 6 contested marking opportunities, not one success. On the Club website is a post match interview, if you haven't seen it, have a look, the interviewer congratulates on his 3 goals, the first time this season, probably ever, and at round 17 that he's kicked multiple goals. He modestly, to his credit, acknowledged the praise and to his further credit added that he still has to do some work on his defensive game. That says to me to me that Bev got stuck into him about his lack of chase or forward defence, let alone intensity, it was so obvious to anyone there. I saw him go off early in the last quarter but didn't see him return, i e he was dragged, when the heat's on you want contest beasts. I saw nothing that suggested any improvement other than that, given the opportunities within striking distance, he can kick multiple goals every 17 rounds. If you want him to be an elusive forward pocket type who's conversion rate is high every now and then, he's your man. If you want him to be a key position, marking target, he needs a lot more time in the 2s. How's the weather in Brisbane tonight, BD ?
Cold night up here. I have a fire inside my house and a outside where I have had a few stubbies over looking a beautiful sunset. A lovely evening.

I am wondering at what point you might admit that JUH is a good player. I don’t think he will ever be as good as Naughton, but I do think there will be a day where he kicks 5-7 goals, possibly this year, where you will have to say ‘he is very good’. All the best down there D Mitchell.

Love BD, don't get me wrong. He was becoming much maligned a year or two after the GF (and I still loved him). But he has one great clanger every game.
If it's only 1, he's a champion. The pressure those blokes are under is unbelievable, they have a squilenth of a second to dispose of the ball before they are crunched. Spend a game watching Libber to see the best in the business.

If it's only 1, he's a champion. The pressure those blokes are under is unbelievable, they have a squilenth of a second to dispose of the ball before they are crunched. Spend a game watching Libber to see the best in the business.

I love him. I just thought he was much maligned after GF. Every time I see the 1% whoopsie I feel for him.

I don't see anything in Jamarra to indicate he's ever going to be a power forward. However, I do think he could become a similar player to Bailey Fritsch who is a genuine gun, as much as we would all love to punch him in the face.
JUH looks a little bit weak through his midriff. He needs a solid 2 years of squatting and deadlifting. No more snaps on Insta with chicks with fake eyes.

Unrelated - but what the f*ck is the go with eye filters on social media that make women look like aliens? It isn’t hot, it’s weird.

Cold night up here. I have a fire inside my house and a outside where I have had a few stubbies over looking a beautiful sunset. A lovely evening.

I am wondering at what point you might admit that JUH is a good player. I don’t think he will ever be as good as Naughton, but I do think there will be a day where he kicks 5-7 goals, possibly this year, where you will have to say ‘he is very good’. All the best down there D Mitchell.
No need to rub it in

When he
(a) takes contested marks consistently;
(b) wins his own ball;
(c) scrabbles on the ground for the ball, after he misses the mark, like Ben Hudson did;
(d) realistically chases the opposition defender out of the forward line whether he catches him or not, instead of the first few metres then a jog, do you remember James Cook's chase and tackle on Jamieson 1997 Cookie was no athlete but..goal!;
(e) actually kicks your 5 - 7 goals from his hard work or contested marking or chase downs.

Your credibility is on the line here, BD, my older sister lives on the Gold Coast, she reckons it's 20 degrees at night. That's not cold, try riding a bicycle at 5.00 am at 2 degrees.

I h
I don't see anything in Jamarra to indicate he's ever going to be a power forward. However, I do think he could become a similar player to Bailey Fritsch who is a genuine gun, as much as we would all love to punch him in the face.
I hope you aren't suggesting that I want to punch Ugle-Hagan in the face

Look at Tom Boyd. We recruited him as a Power Forward and won a Premiership on the back of a 'round the ground ruckman. Take the pressure off Ugle-Hagan, he's an over-hyped opportunist forward pocket at this stage.

It must come down to coaching . I’m convinced the coaches tell them to wind it down with an eye on next week.

It might help win next weeks games in this ultra competitive professional era but it hurts the supporter base and it will come back to bite one day
Totally disagree. Bevo was furious we eased off in the last quarter. No coach would tell a team to ease off at any stage. Are there any other teams who look as if this is their instruction? None!

That free Hill got was criminal.

Tried to step around our forward (can’t remember who), cornered and caught. Then ducked his head hoping for the soft bail out free.

Terrible by the umpire- led to Steelers goal at the other end, when he was paid a mark when it was obviously touched. Umpiring was poor tonight.
Couldn't believe it, it was against Garcia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will be a highly mobile tall marking forward. His defensive effort should improve as he gets more endurance. Eventually at 28+ his body may become solid enough to be classified as a medium forward.

No need to rub it in

When he
(a) takes contested marks consistently;
(b) wins his own ball;
(c) scrabbles on the ground for the ball, after he misses the mark, like Ben Hudson did;
(d) realistically chases the opposition defender out of the forward line whether he catches him or not, instead of the first few metres then a jog, do you remember James Cook's chase and tackle on Jamieson 1997 Cookie was no athlete but..goal!;
(e) actually kicks your 5 - 7 goals from his hard work or contested marking or chase downs.

Your credibility is on the line here, BD, my older sister lives on the Gold Coast, she reckons it's 20 degrees at night. That's not cold, try riding a bicycle at 5.00 am at 2 degrees.

I ran around Lake Burley Griffen at 7am this morning. Just saying!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know commentators only do what they are told but surely they know that 3-4 misses in a row would not have all been goals had the first one one been kicked? Sport just doesn’t work like that, go back to the middle, Dogs get the clearance and then what?
That's always bugged me when they say that also, if the first one goes through its back to the centre not back for us to kick another two goals.

Will Hayes playing for the Blues 😍

I ran around Lake Burley Griffen at 7am this morning. Just saying!

Soft. Lake Burley Griffen is, hang on, you ran ? Give that up, if God had intended us to run around Lake Burley Griffen, he wouldn't have invented bikes. Do your knees a favour...

I know commentators only do what they are told but surely they know that 3-4 misses in a row would not have all been goals had the first one one been kicked? Sport just doesn’t work like that, go back to the middle, Dogs get the clearance and then what?
Yes! This is exactly the same argument against those Sydney fans who moan “If only we’d got those four free kicks!” As well as the flogs who think free kicks determine the outcome of games. But there’s no getting through with logic.

He will be a highly mobile tall marking forward. His defensive effort should improve as he gets more endurance. Eventually at 28+ his body may become solid enough to be classified as a medium forward.
Highly mobile ? You haven't seen him play, yet, LG, have you ? Do you include wheel chair agility and pace in your "mobile ? Improve ? Ugle-Hagan laid 1 tackle last night, that poor St Kilda player, standing next to Ugle-Hagan who received the classic Hospital Handpass. How do you reckon Albo's going ?

Last edited:
Soft. Lake Burley Griffen is, hang on, you ran ? Give that up, if God had intended us to run around Lake Burley Griffen, he wouldn't have invented bikes. Do your knees a favour...

I love it! If god had intended us to roll around LBG he’d have put wheels on the end of our legs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back