Draw tonight at the dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Its not good for us, it means our percentage doesnt give us an advantage against two competing teams with inferior percentage.

It doesn't really matter. If we win 12 games we will almost certainly finish in the top eight. But if there had been a loser of the St Kilda/WB game, that side would have needed four wins to have any hope, so for these two clubs the draw was certainly better than losing. Believe it or not, mathematically 11wins could still get us in. St Kilda and WB need two wins from their last four games to get above the 44 point (11 wins) line while if we have 44 points Essendon and Brisbane both need to win three more games to stay ahead of us. So it is far from over, especially if we can knock off the Power,

I wouldnt blame luck/the "footy gods", when you havnt won for a month it tends to dent your chances of making the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldnt blame luck/the "footy gods", when you havnt won for a month it tends to dent your chances of making the finals.

Now ain't that the truth.

But we have been competitive all year which makes it even harder to take. We have yet to be given a right royal caning (tonight it may but I really don't think so as I reckon we are good things - don't know why just a gut feeling). The 31 point loss to Essendon in the first round remains our biggest defeat for the year.

Absolute competitive group of footballers is the AFC.

We're still in it... Just. If we lose tonight we're GAWN. We've lost 3 on the trot and we're still with a very good chance of making it. It will be very very close. Whoever misses out on the 8 will be very unlucky.

The draw was a bad result for the Crows. Our percentage is better than both teams, so this result was as good as a win for both the Bulldogs and Saints when comparing them to the Crows.

It was a great result for the Lions though, given their percentage now comes into play and is well above both Saints and Bulldogs, the draw last night was no better than a loss when comparing them to the Lions.

All other results aside, we need to beat the Power and then move on and win 12 games for the year. That should get us in regardless of outside influences.

The draw was a bad result for the Crows. Our percentage is better than both teams, so this result was as good as a win for both the Bulldogs and Saints when comparing them to the Crows.

It was a great result for the Lions though, given their percentage now comes into play and is well above both Saints and Bulldogs, the draw last night was no better than a loss when comparing them to the Lions.
Correct.

Unless we start winning immediately & playing some decent footy, last night's result will be irrevant to our finals chances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draw tonight at the dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back