Eagles : "No chance in hell Judd is going to collingwood"

Remove this Banner Ad

I find it laughable that west coast think they have any power in this. If Judd were to nominate collingwood as his preferred club theyd be pretty foolish not to try to broker a deal. I thought only port were pig headed and stupid enough to let a player go for nothing

No I believe Dick Pratt and Gregg Swann are very persuasive in convincing Carlton's next star to sign with us after the finals :)

West Coast would be stupid to deal with Collingwood, as teh PIes have nothing worthwhile trading for, and we have the draft picks and the leverage ...
Just concentrate on your club's finals campaign and forget about Judd, there is zilch chance he's going to the Magpies, and I think you should just try and enjoy the finals seriest whilst the pies are still in it.

No I believe Dick Pratt and Gregg Swann are very persuasive in convincing Carlton's next star to sign with us after the finals :)

West Coast would be stupid to deal with Collingwood, as teh PIes have nothing worthwhile trading for, and we have the draft picks and the leverage ...
Just concentrate on your club's finals campaign and forget about Judd, there is zilch chance he's going to the Magpies, and I think you should just try and enjoy the finals seriest whilst the pies are still in it.
When will people understand?

Irrelevant if it would be stupid for WCE to deal with us!

IF Judd chose Collingwood as his preferred destination then they have to deal or lose him to the PSD.

IF he did choose us im sure the club would be working on strategies to obtain another pick inside the top 10 or even top 5.

West Coast will drive a hard bargain with Collingwood, make no mistake

Last year when Tarrant requested to go to West Coast they wanted pick 13 and B Waters (West Coasts best young player at the time who just had 27 posessions in the Grand final)

Tarrant aint no Judd so West Coast will rightly demand Collingwoods best young player and an early draft pick

Can you really imagine West Coast losing Judd for nothing in the PSD? They are not that stupid. They will take the best deal that they can get for him.

I have said this on the Carlton Board, but it is almost getting to the stage where I would be surprised if Judd didn't play for Carlton next year.

I don't know, personally I think Melbourne are the real favourites to get Judd. The only thing in my mind stopping him going over is Melbournes financial position.

^^^Agree 100% Bestbird. That is why if he chose us i would imagine that we would somehow obtain another top 10 or top 5 pick and offer that + our first pick for Judd possibly more.

I'm starting to believe Didak options will be explored with Adelaide or this hasn't been mentioned but with the Bulldogs in search of another ruckman before a KP forward i know Josh Fraser is yet to be re-signed by the club.

Perhaps Collingwood are holding out for Judd's decision and if he chose us would Fraser be a possibility to head to the western oval?

Make no mistake about it, I cannot see how we can get Judd without parting with one of Didak or Fraser to obtain another draft pick to satisfy WCE. One of them will be gone possibly both if Judd chose us.

whatever club Judd picks is where he will most likely go, trades or anything else regardless, dont think for one second he wont play hard ball and go in the draft.

whatever club Judd picks is where he will most likely go, trades or anything else regardless, dont think for one second he wont play hard ball and go in the draft.
Blind optimism is a wonderful thing....

West Coast BTW I do believe are prepared to do a 'Port Power' and rather let Judd go into PSD then to Collingwood.

Does anyone seriously know how bad the blood there is between Salty Malty and Worsfold, and call them petty, but there is no way in hell that Judd will be traded by the Eagles to Collingwood, and they are prepared to call the bluff on this one, make no mistake (even as to set an example for other young vic kids wanting ot return home in future)

And I for one, agree with their stance, I doubt the Pies could give them a decent deal anyway,.

takin into account the quality of last years draft...collingwood still has pick 8 and 10 from last year still comin through, pick 10 is twin brother to pick 12 who happens to be on west coast list...being a key position player, my guess...theyd be willing to talk....

Judd playing hardball is the only way Collingwood will get him, and they probably have the most to offer of the five in contention at the minute that would appeal to Judd from a non-financial standpoint.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He already knows where he wants to go, the Eagles have already offered him the earth and it didn't work, so they know he means it. Nothing else left to do but talk turkey with his preferred club, simple.

Lol, he's said himself he knows how the business works and wants to make sure the club gets a fair trade.

He already knows where he wants to go, the Eagles have already offered him the earth and it didn't work, so they know he means it. Nothing else left to do but talk turkey with his preferred club, simple.

Is that why he's meeting with a bunch of melbourne based clubs this week?

Because he already knows? :rolleyes:

West Coast will drive a hard bargain with Collingwood, make no mistake

Last year when Tarrant requested to go to West Coast they wanted pick 13 and B Waters (West Coasts best young player at the time who just had 27 posessions in the Grand final)

Tarrant aint no Judd so West Coast will rightly demand Collingwoods best young player and an early draft pick

Tarrant had not chosen WCE, nor did Collingwood have to trade him. He was contracted. Big difference

As something that hasn't been put out there yet - and I know its probably out of left field.

If Judd says I want to go to (say) the Pies and a deal can't get done for whatever reason (and more so if the Pies aren't willing to offer a fair trade), and Judd has huge aversion to going to the Tigers (likely destination in PSD), will he look at the possibility of signing a 1 year deal with the Eagles and then we can all do this again next year.

There maybe more plausible than we think if Judd is being honest by saying he and the Eagles have no hard feelings etc etc.

sylvia has had an interupted start to his career due to injury and just signed a new deal this year, melbourne would be stupid to throw away pick 4 when it has the most 30+ players on its list...would be better off goin with the kids and then see next year see who are the throw aways

Tarrant had not chosen WCE, nor did Collingwood have to trade him. He was contracted. Big difference

Actually

Tarrant did request to be traded West Coast initially

It's besides the point anyway

Collingwood deemed that Tarrant was worth West Coasts 1st draft pick and one of their best young player

West Coast will want more than that from Collingwood for Judd irrespevtive of if he is out of contract or not

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles : "No chance in hell Judd is going to collingwood"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back