Essendon v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Your whole season has been the easiest draw in the afl. I hardly see their draw early on as that easy. They played an inform Carlton, North, Collingwood and West Coast. And you can only beat who you play. My point stands, Essendon's season has been derailed by injury. Yours hasn't. You're reading too much into one game, especially as Essendon beat North earlier in the year with two injuries on the day.

Amazing....now that your team is out of the race you are making excuses for another team's loss! Must just be the Richmond culture to be so good at making excuses.

Can you point out where I was wrong?

I speak for all Richmond fans now? I'll take it. Hey tiger fans, can you take out that drip with the wayne's world avatar? Thanks guys!

I want you to find another team with an easier 1st 10 weeks.

Can you point out where I was wrong?
Lets see. West Coast are still in the 8 and look at the injuries they have had.
Hawthorn are winning without Franklin, Roughead, etc.
More often than not the good teams win on the back of a game plan and structures rather than solely blaming personnel.
North went through a mid season poor patch where we were smashed by Hawthorn and Port - with no injuries.
Richmond were beaten by Gold Coast with a full side. So there goes your argument.
Now stop bringing down the Essendon supporters on here who show a semblance of class with your drivel. Save that for the Richmond board.

More often than not the good teams win on the back of a game plan and structures rather than solely blaming personnel.
North went through a mid season poor patch where we were smashed by Hawthorn and Port - with no injuries.
Richmond were beaten by Gold Coast with a full side. So there goes your argument.
Now stop bringing down the Essendon supporters on here who show a semblance of class with your drivel. Save that for the Richmond board.

Um If memory serves me correctly,richmond did not have a full side against gold coast.In fact if u dared to look it up u will see quite a number of players missing.That was the day gold coast got all players back and had a full team.But hey they are only facts

Um If memory serves me correctly,richmond did not have a full side against gold coast.In fact if u dared to look it up u will see quite a number of players missing.That was the day gold coast got all players back and had a full team.But hey they are only facts

False start there Tiger? Bit like your team? Or just a premature release first time?

Richmond should be able to beat GC with half a team. Stop making more excuses. Good teams simply know how to win.

False start there Tiger? Bit like your team? Or just a premature release first time?

Richmond should be able to beat GC with half a team. Stop making more excuses. Good teams simply know how to win.

I am not making excuses at all.Merely pointing out that the other north supporter was incorrect saying richmond had a full team in.Thats all..
We lost that day and we sucked big time.
Never once have i mentioned anything about excuses.Just stated his info about us having a full team in was incorrect.
But hey north did lose to the dogs yeh?And port yeh?Just saying that even half a north team should of beaten both those sides as well
Just saying

I am not making excuses at all.Merely pointing out that the other north supporter was incorrect saying richmond had a full team in.Thats all..
We lost that day and we sucked big time.
Never once have i mentioned anything about excuses.Just stated his info about us having a full team in was incorrect.
But hey north did lose to the dogs yeh?And port yeh?Just saying that even half a north team should of beaten both those sides as well
Just saying

Yep we did lose to the Dogs and Port, and were shitful on both occasions. But we had pretty much full sides. Form and game plan counts for a lot - despite who is on the park.

It showed a settled and confident side against a team a bit low on confidence and missing a few players. Yes, North lost a couple early on and Essendon could and probably should have taken advantage of that. However, my original point stands:

Higher confidence = better disposal = less two-way running to make up for an error. North's efficiency yesterday was far higher than Essendon, who really need some of their better midfielders back soon to improve that stat. Hence North using less energy per goal compared to the Bombers. They are playing good footy at the moment, but will find out exactly where they are at this weekend v Collingwood.

Not all doom and gloom for the Bombers though. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure that is the first game Gumbleton, Hurley and Crameri have played together. Give that a bit of time to gel and a few better users back in the midfield and that will worry any team in the league.

Huge game v the Blues this weekend. Come on boys!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep we did lose to the Dogs and Port, and were shitful on both occasions. But we had pretty much full sides. Form and game plan counts for a lot - despite who is on the park.
So there ya have it waynes world.My comment about tigers not having a full team was not an excuse.Merely i just pointed out that the other north supporter was incorrect.
I am stoked north beat the bummers.I really am.Considering how the only ones who rate essendon are the players the coach and there supporters.
Couldnt beat a team who had no rotations left and have been beaten well for the last 2 months by teams they should be beating.
that is all

People who don't think the difference in confidence levels between the teams was a major factor have no idea about football.

Look at Steve Hooker. Seriously, if you had never seen or heard of him before, you'd think he was the biggest spud to ever try to pole vault, not the reigning Olympic and World champion.

North were chock full, which helped them even when they lost men. Essendon is running low at the moment. It was the diffrence, as can be seen in the efficiency of each team in the game.

Poor Jobe. Look at the leading disposal getters.

Watson - 32
Wright - 32
Anthony - 27
Gibson - 26
Bastinac - 25
Swallow - 24
Cunnington - 22
McMahon - 22

None of this has refuted the claim that Essendon are out of the eight due to injuries.

You mean the club who are 2-3 over the past five and have a thread openly wondering whether they'll make the eight (they will, but nevertheless)?

Not the same. For the record, I know the hawks are better than Essendon. I'm merely pointing out that Essendon are good enough to make the eight.

More often than not injuries and fitness plays a huge part in the execution of said game plans.

Yes, one wonders where North would be if they had Essendon's injury woes. Not 6th that's for sure.

Richmond were missing around six of their best 22.

Again North fans, show me how I lie.

I'll pay that. This is why it's somewhat hard to read teams, given this season has been hard to predict. I think injuries however is the one thing you can really point to as a clear factor. I also think injuries do impact on form, as players lose the confidence of knowing they're playing in a fully fit side. For the record, I'm merely saying what I'm saying because I fear that Essendon will cop a lot rather unfairly. This board is way too temperamental in it's judgement of teams. Teams go from hero to zero in a matter of hours.

Who gives a **** where they'd be without injuries? We don't know because they ****ed it up with their workload. It's their fault.

Given we do not have access to the internal activities of Essendon, I think it's rather unfair to make assumptions on who is to blame in terms of injuries. They may be like the eagles, blues and pies and been unlucky on the injury front.

Given we do not have access to the internal activities of Essendon, I think it's rather unfair to make assumptions on who is to blame in terms of injuries. They may be like the eagles, blues and pies and been unlucky on the injury front.

Now you're just taking the piss. You can't compare the soft tissue injuries Essendon have had to the ACL's and various impact injuries suffered by West Coast and Collingwood.

Now you're just taking the piss. You can't compare the soft tissue injuries Essendon have had to the ACL's and various impact injuries suffered by West Coast and Collingwood.

If you can provide me with a detailed medical review specifically blaming their staff for their soft-tissue injuries, then I'll agree. Until then, you're merely engaging in speculation (but this is the main board, so everyone does that right? Oh yeah, I forgot).

If you can provide me with a detailed medical review specifically blaming their staff for their soft-tissue injuries, then I'll agree. Until then, you're merely engaging in speculation (but this is the main board, so everyone does that right? Oh yeah, I forgot).

Essendon have admitted they ****ed up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back