Game Day Final Round Crows v Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember watching games in which we were done by 100+ , so I'm happy to return the favour
No point in playing for draft position. Speculative at best. A win away from home, getting Tex a bagful, is far more invaluable IMO. Playing to lose is BS.

No point in playing for draft position. Speculative at best. A win away from home, getting Tex a bagful, is far more invaluable IMO. Playing to lose is BS.
If our rebuild is stuffed because we drop 3 spots in the draft we probably had bigger problems

For a club I consider to be our interstate brothers. How does this sound. Tex gets a coleman, we get that number 1 pick. (Should also be a top 8 spot there)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh Jees, I was hoping for a miracle that Tex leapfrogs Curnow. Now I just hope he can leapfrog Larkey for 2nd.

Come on West Coast, don't go and have your best defensive game of the season on us now.

The “best outcome” isn’t very clear cut to me. Agree that a loss would help our draft picks a little, but then how would the current playing group feel for the rest of this coming preseason?
In general,
1) Pick 6 is preferable to Pick 11 even if it's used with a second-rounder to Upgrade.
Whether Haimish uses the subsequent Pick/s wisely or not, is debatable.
2) I don't think the players are going to be affected in any way by the Sydney loss or by a loss to WC today, when it comes to the the 2024 Season in March. If they are, their focus is out of whack.
Their sole focus and all of their energy and commitment should be about 2024, IN 2024.
Re-group, re-focus, move on.
Personally if I was a Crows player, I’d be gutted if losing by less than a goal due to the shonkiest of umpiring call in the one week, and then losing to the bottom side in the following week. Would not make happy moods heading towards their summer break.
I don't think the call was 'shonky' (ie with dark or ulterior motives or match-fixing intent) but it was a bad mistake without any mechanism to fix it.
If I was a Crows player returning to pre-Season Training, I'd be looking forward to the new Season with a clean slate and optimism for a better year. Playing Finals will be back on the table.
I think a high scoring game would be ideal, with Tex scoring the bulk. Whatever happens then at least it’d be an enjoyable game to watch.
+
Looks like our game tonight will be a tank for West Coast
Load up on Tex
On the Live Ladder WC are now bottom and my guess is they'd prefer for it to stay that way for Pick One.
That's confounded by wanting to farewell some of their best players in style with a win.

I'd like to see a fast, keen Crows side showcase their best to belt WC, add to our % and get Tex as many goals as possible.
Pick 6 or Pick 11 notwithstanding, I always enjoy a Crows win.

winning this has negative value to our next flag tilt. The result will be forgotten by the 3rd round of vodka soda waters on mad Monday. Winning will have no impact on our preseason or how we perform next year.

In general,
1) Pick 6 is preferable to Pick 11 even if it's used with a second-rounder to Upgrade.

Pick 6 or Pick 11 notwithstanding, I always enjoy a Crows win.
The best and worst is 6 or 8 - there is no other combination available to us - vFL and or Geelong manipulation notwithstanding (7 if Geelong win)

The best and worst is 6 or 8 - there is no other combination available to us - vFL and or Geelong manipulation notwithstanding (7 if Geelong win)
6 or 9 assuming Richmond lose to Port - a win sees us jump above 3 of Geelong, Richmond, Essendon and Bulldogs?

That looks suspiciously similar to the one duursma dropped a couple of years ago.
Lets hope there is a sequel.:$ :D

2teams1cup-gif.987819

I wake up early so I have more time to hate the AFL.
Haha, haven't even thought about the football til now...

Been for 5 dog walks.
Bought new laundry taps.
General shopping.
Gardening.

Just finished tea... Thai style yabbies with central market pasta... & 12 year old K1 gewurztraminer.

Ps. Spent nearly an hour preparing the yabbies... but worth it.

Now ready for our last game & big bag for the Texan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Final Round Crows v Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back