Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Just the new toy syndrome, training watchers probably reporting that he is the fastest player they have ever seen!
I think his agility can be interpreted as fast until you watch him in game and realise his pace is average at best

Last edited:
I think his agility can be interpreted as fast until you watch him in game and realise his pace is average at best
Maybe they were measuring it away from a contest. Am I doing it right?

Anyway I agree. He moves laterally pretty quick and given just a fraction of space and time can turn out of trouble quickly. Makes him look fast but he's not. Not slow not fast: average.

Matthew Lloyd gotta be taking the piss. Said Liam Henry was very good as an inside mid in their intra-club
Doesn’t bode well for the rest of their mids. Right?

Also, Sinclair out for 4+ weeks

Actually think Henry in traffic is one of his strengths so I could see it

Wouldn't work as a pure inside mid, maybe in there at random times like switta

Bolton plays inside sometimes and looks slick, he ain't very big either
Henry is legitimately one of the softest players in the comp. I've seen him pull out of contests twice in a game before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Henry becomes a proper inside mid for the saints I might just give up watching footy because apparently I have lost all ability to understand the game and player abilities (saying like I have that ability now...).

I know Ross is a great coach, but surely no-one is great enough to turn Henry into an AFL inside midfielder.

If Henry becomes a proper inside mid for the saints I might just give up watching footy because apparently I have lost all ability to understand the game and player abilities (saying like I have that ability now...).

I know Ross is a great coach, but surely no-one is great enough to turn Henry into an AFL inside midfielder.
It’s probably more a ploy to teach him to win his own ball. Knowing Lyon & his effort mantra he’s not going to put up with Henry not being able to get dirty & win his own contest.

It sure did wonders for Stephen Hill's career.

It sure did wonders for Stephen Hill's career.
Not sure I agree with that. I think if we hadn't bulked Hill up and just let him play the sort of role Coleman plays at Brisbane he would have had a much longer career. Mind you he was basically being tagged out of games so I suppose they had to try something.
Will be interesting to see how Coleman goes, he's going to get a lot more attention this year after his finals series.

Not sure I agree with that. I think if we hadn't bulked Hill up and just let him play the sort of role Coleman plays at Brisbane he would have had a much longer career. Mind you he was basically being tagged out of games so I suppose they had to try something.
Will be interesting to see how Coleman goes, he's going to get a lot more attention this year after his finals series.
I think that was the joke

Yeah sorry E Shed I was joking. I think the soft tissue stuff started when Hill bulked up to go inside. Gazelles were born to run so let them run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back