Review Freo burn the dirty birds by 35 points in Derby LIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolute garbage sorry, he did a few media focused little snaps, none of it was genuine and the bloke is a total shitbag.
Reid is scum, never shows any true respect to anyone, legitamtely reckons he has already won a Brownlow, and has multiple off field issues already as not even a 24 year old.

Reid lives for himself, always has and shows nothing but derision and deliberate soft off the ball hits and whinges when he doesn't get his way. He's scum morally, could win 27 Brownlows and will still be the same morally repugnant scum he was at victorian school level.
Mate he is still a kid….
Bloody good footballer and plays for those caaarnts up the road.
Yeah, I don’t like what lots of players do in a game - because they don’t play for us - this is a bit much - sorry mate.
It’s happened his massive competitiveness that’s got him to where he is ….
Spewing he doesn’t play for us, that’s all I can say…. He’s a flipping jet, albeit a bit petulant and arrogant- typical 19 year old who is shit hot at his trade.

Oh I agree Eagles were very good for a half and fell away. We were a bit sloppy as well. But, downplaying a 10-2 second half in that game, with that intensity, in those conditions is a strange hill to die on.

Who’s dying on any hill ? Maybe if I tried to run up one these days

That was our bonus stay at home week which you would think should be our best prepared game for the year almost and we still got smacked for a pretty decent chunk of the first half , Coxy played a blinder first 20 mins or it could have been even worse

Always nice to beat WC

4 standout players and a few ok while a lot weren’t much chop at all

Didn’t rate that performance all that highly is the entirety of my point , people seem to want to treat this year as a practice go and we’ll have all these opportunities in the future to finally get that flag

Pro sport is too volatile for that

Did you think it would be 11 yrs and counting till we got back to another GF in 2013

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

That was our bonus stay at home week which you would think should be our best prepared game for the year almost and we still got smacked for a pretty decent chunk of the first half , Coxy played a blinder first 20 mins or it could have been even worse

Always nice to beat WC

Didn’t rate that performance all that highly is the entirety of my point

We should've been up by 3 goals at half time on expected score. We did not get smacked for a decent chunk of the first half in my opinion. They just took chances which kept them in the game.

Always nice to beat WC

Didn’t rate that performance all that highly is the entirety of my point

Look it wasn’t a great performance but this stage of the season is all about winning.
I thought we played good footy in the second half. They were tough and hard at it. Completely different to how they are most other weeks.

I’ll guarantee you one thing - we have a better chance of winning next week against a fired up bombers side after that performance last night, than we would have if the bad eagles had showed up and we rolled them by 90 playing bruise free footy.

If I’ve learned one thing about freo it’s that a week of having smoke blown up our arses after a handy win is a recipe for disaster.

I wasn't up for the Reid booing until the Brayshaw push/bump.

Went down like a sack of potatoes holding his head then miraculously was cured when he got the free.

He then followed Brayshaw around for the next few minutes pushing and shoving him and pointing to his head - clearly acting up to try and draw a suspension.

**** that weak shit. I was all for the booing after that.
It was pathetic staging

Always nice to beat WC

Didn’t rate that performance all that highly is the entirety of my point , people seem to want to treat this year as a practice go and we’ll have all these opportunities in the future to finally get that flag

Pro sport is too volatile for that

Did you think it would be 11 yrs and counting till we got back to another GF in 2013

Not sure. Didn't really think of it in those terms. I knew we were a long way off in 2016 though. I don't really watch Freo for grand finals. It would be bloody great to win a Premiership, but that's not why I'm a member.

100% people need to get a grip on criticising Reid. He’s the kinda player you go to the footy to watch at the end of the day. An entertainer.

A mate of mine from Tongala told me every private school in Melbourne pestered Reid for the the last couple of years to leave his home town and move to the city but he just wanted to stay at home and play with his mates to told them all to get stuffed. He knew he was heading to the AFL regardless.
I loved hearing that.

Clowns like Luke Darcy and JB from channel 7 who love inserting the private school of a recent top draftee into their calls of big game plays of young players might hate it but I love it.

“The boy from St Joseph’s College Echuca” doesn’t quite roll off the tongue for them quite as easily.
I don't agree that supporters need to get a grip, I think he is great that he helps with the whole pantomime, one thing you need to understand is that us as supporters are also apart of the act, we can boo, rubbish and scream because it's a pantomime. Without us, there is silence, no crowd to perform for, without us the ain't no bigfooty.
I like Reid, great player, a tool, a cocky chin up d.ck, I also enjoy the way he plays and enjoy the shenanigans he gets up to and I also really love to boo him.
It's just footy. Boooo!

way too much reid defenders in here. there’s plenty of young blokes tearing up the competition with arrogance, confidence and swagger that aren’t dirty sniping whinging cheats like he is, and worst of all he plays for the eagles!

** him and ** them too

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Look at Geelong’s Dempsey - awesome young player.

It’s the way Reid disrespects umpires that makes him stand out for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't agree that supporters need to get a grip, I think he is great that he helps with the whole pantomime, one thing you need to understand is that us as supporters are also apart of the act, we can boo, rubbish and scream because it's a pantomime. Without us, there is silence, no crowd to perform for, without us the ain't no bigfooty.
I like Reid, great player, a tool, a cocky chin up d.ck, I also enjoy the way he plays and enjoy the shenanigans he gets up to and I also really love to boo him.
It's just footy. Boohoo!
I get all that, but think it would get under his skin more if he was just treat as inconsequential.

That guy is a grub. Scuffles are one thing but taking the opportunity to lay your elbow into the neck of someone lying on the ground and defenseless is low. Absolute ****wit. Reading around the traps it seems some Eagles fans don't like him either. It's like he has small man syndrome even as a big man, probably because he's shit.
He wasn’t shit last night. Gave Hoodor a bath in the first half. I’ll give Darcy a pass as he took a heavy knock.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he enters CP after his concussion a few weeks ago.

It's just footy. Boooo!

I’m cool with all of that. I agree. Where it becomes an issue is the narrative the media decide to run with and the masses thinking that’s the reality.

Make no mistake, he absolutely gives it out. 100%. He absolutely whinges constantly with his arms out wide appealing at EVERY opportunity. His constant finger pointing at our players was infuriating.

Cornes has given him a crack. Well deserved, but at same time could just leave him alone.

But the media won’t go with a headline like ‘Young flog cops it’ they go with something stupid like ‘Freo Reid Eagles the riot act’ and have a photo of Reid being scragged or some shit.

Absolute garbage sorry, he did a few media focused little snaps, none of it was genuine and the bloke is a total shitbag.
Reid is scum, never shows any true respect to anyone, legitamtely reckons he has already won a Brownlow, and has multiple off field issues already as not even a 24 year old.

Reid lives for himself, always has and shows nothing but derision and deliberate soft off the ball hits and whinges when he doesn't get his way. He's scum morally, could win 27 Brownlows and will still be the same morally repugnant scum he was at victorian school level.

Ok lollll this is beyond. He’s just a kid. A pissant kid. But a kid all the same.

Really didn’t get the booing of Reid last night. When he leaves, they will be booing him enough for all of us.

Watching the replay, I reckon he is the sort of player that can thrive off of that sort of reaction. You don’t give good players a reason to play better.

So many sucked in by the Reid hype, stop buying the West boys and girls. He's a smart arsed disrespectful smirking dickhead.
All the Reid noise from day one has hindered, not helped, his progression.

Really didn’t get the booing of Reid last night. When he leaves, they will be booing him enough for all of us.

Watching the replay, I reckon he is the sort of player that can thrive off of that sort of reaction. You don’t give good players a reason to play better.

Tbh I don’t reckon he did thrive, he lost the plot and kept giving away free kicks, including one in front of goal which basically killed the game. I think the booing and the close checking definitely affected his game in a negative way.

Look it wasn’t a great performance but this stage of the season is all about winning.
I thought we played good footy in the second half. They were tough and hard at it. Completely different to how they are most other weeks.

I’ll guarantee you one thing - we have a better chance of winning next week against a fired up bombers side after that performance last night, than we would have if the bad eagles had showed up and we rolled them by 90 playing bruise free footy.

If I’ve learned one thing about freo it’s that a week of having smoke blown up our arses after a handy win is a recipe for disaster.
I mean it wasn't Sydney in Sydney but they came to play and were pretty good for a half. Game was a hell of a lot higher quality than the Port vs Carlton shitfest I watched. Guys just looking for a reason to be miserable

Last edited:

Also Lions, who are the form team of the comp only won by 13 points vs these guys two weeks ago. It’s a weird thing to have a sook about a 6 goal win and a dominant second half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Freo burn the dirty birds by 35 points in Derby LIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back