Review Freo burn the dirty birds by 35 points in Derby LIX

Remove this Banner Ad

They are the worst booers going and Harley will be on the receiving end when he leaves
If Harley Reid leaves the 🦅 eagles.

He could do a Michael Braun and stay his whole playing career there.

He could do a Chris Judd and spend a few years there and get traded or leave as a free agent.

Great crowd turn out, well done all

Loud for the most part (eagles fans were loud early also which was annoying)

But a few $ in our coffers and a boost to our avg. home ground attendance

Last games against Cats and Port

Cats you'd expect have a following here so we should see another 45k, and we should see the same against port, especially if we are pushing for a finals spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True ....

We got 56,000 last night.

I expect to get 50,000 in our next home game vs the cats as we are in finals contenders.

That last home game of the season vs port will be massive for both clubs. Both port and Freo are chasing finals spots.

So another 50,000 there too.

The most annoying thing. I’m in block 128 and all around me last night there were eagles fans and the booing was incessant. Half the time I don’t think they even know what they are booing.
Also block 128. Surprised to have eagles behind us last night - usually same Freo members every game. No surprises, the interlopers were gone half way through the 3rd.

That's literally impossible. You're on better drugs than Cuz.
Harley Reid is a good player. I know he will end up being a decent player when he hits his prime years.

But for a 1st season player, he acts like an arrogant flog. He should get some runs in the board before he has the right to do that.

I look at Chris Judd. He was on your list from 2002-7. By 2004 he won a Brownlow medal 60-65 games into his career.

By 2006, he achieved everything an individual player could achieve. Captain at the club, multiple AFL all Australian honours and premiership player in 2006. He got best on ground in that 2005 grand final loss to swans. Mind you, the eagles had midfield talent that was deep in those 2005-6 grand finals.

Judd was a good player but wasn't an arrogant flog, not on the field anyway.

So.... Do you think Harley Reid will achieve all of Chris Judds achievements by 2029? That will be Reid's 6th season in AFL.

I remember that 2002-07 era on how both the WA clubs went.

My eagles mates hated Jeff Farmer at Freo because of his Jesus Christ goal celebration. Ironic as they were talking poo at the time of what Jeff Farmer achieved as a player.

Jeremy Sharp totally owns that southern wing. Not only does he have elite endurance but he has phenomenal speed.
Jeremy and Jordan Clark are having an enormous impact on our games. I can’t recall two higher trade ins for Fremantle.
And the irony is they were both rejects at their former clubs.
Pretty sure the Cats were very keen to retain Clark. He just didn’t want to sit in the 2’s developing luckily for us.
And I couldn’t agree more. He & Sharp are taking huge yardage between them.
Sharp absolutely killed whoever he was on last night. The amount of marks he took defensively was amazing.

Loved the booing, last night was the most fun I'd had watching a derby in years. Nothing like a good pantomime villain to spice things up.

Serong is a jet - not sure why Culley was standing him for much of the second half, way too nimble and rightly put us to the sword.

Treacy and Waterman both up there for most improved players in the competition I reckon. Frederick continues to be widely underrated too imo.

Feels like it's any of yours, Sydney's or Brisbane's to win at this stage (and keep out of Victorian hands). Good luck for the rest of the season.
Yeah loved the booing too. Just got to keep the boo-hooing under control.

Once you guys get a new coach in, a few tweaks here and a few tweaks there, who knows what can happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who’s dying on any hill ? Maybe if I tried to run up one these days

That was our bonus stay at home week which you would think should be our best prepared game for the year almost and we still got smacked for a pretty decent chunk of the first half , Coxy played a blinder first 20 mins or it could have been even worse

Always nice to beat WC

4 standout players and a few ok while a lot weren’t much chop at all

Didn’t rate that performance all that highly is the entirety of my point , people seem to want to treat this year as a practice go and we’ll have all these opportunities in the future to finally get that flag

Pro sport is too volatile for that

Did you think it would be 11 yrs and counting till we got back to another GF in 2013

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
You seem to be discounting that the other side were highly motivated and prepped. They threw absolutely everything at it. Your assessment is at odds with pretty much everyone on this board plus the myriad of media experts. Look , you might be right. Look forward to more assessments.

A shout out for one of my favs - Sam Sturt. Though his second half was good, he is playing with more and more intensity each week. Seemed to be around the footy a bit more too? Had a great release handball from a pack stoppage to release Serong and led to the goal amiss passed out to Frederick in the third.
Nice bit of class for the snap goal late on too.

Convinced this guy can be a match winner in a really big game later this year yet…

A shout out for one of my favs - Sam Sturt. Though his second half was good, he is playing with more and more intensity each week. Seemed to be around the footy a bit more too? Had a great release handball from a pack stoppage to release Serong and led to the goal amiss passed out to Frederick in the third.
Nice bit of class for the snap goal late on too.

Convinced this guy can be a match winner in a really big game later this year yet…
Agreed. I thought his defensive pressure early in the 3rd created several turnovers.
Jlo was stoked with him after the game.

Fyfe's copped a week for a hit on Culley.
I suspect he was dazed and thought he was somone else...
Anyhow, anyone got the vision? does he deserve it?
Quite frankly, a week off won't hurt him anyway. And 3 Brownlows are over-rated.
How was Petruccelle's hit on Cox assessed as careless. He changed direction and swing his hip into Cox and barely missed the full impact on his head.

It was absolutely 100% intentional. MRO is taking the mick.

I also see that Reid escaped sanctions for his constant off the ball infractions indiscretions. One things is completely clear, Reid is mentally soft. First bit of frustration and he loses the plot. Arrogant prick.

How was Petruccelle's hit on Cox assessed as careless. He changed direction and swing his hip into Cox and barely missed the full impact on his head.

It was absolutely 100% intentional. MRO is taking the mick.

I also see that Reid escaped sanctions for his constant off the ball infractions indiscretions. One things is completely clear, Reid is mentally soft. First bit of frustration and he loses the plot. Arrogant prick.
Was on Darcy right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Freo burn the dirty birds by 35 points in Derby LIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back