Autopsy Freo Get the Points Against Toast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He seems to be developing into a player who's instinct is to kick sideways.

I confess that I am mildly concerned about how he is developing.

Are we developing players who have the capacity to take the game on in the best way, or are we curtailing that ability?

Yep.

He's a decent player don't get me wrong. Not out of place by any means in the AFL. But is he capable of more than that? I didn't really follow him pre-drafting at all.

Maybe a bit of broken record here but is there a player out of Chapman/Clark/Young/Walker who can play wing/mid?

Is he is actually more of a Pearce replacement (albiet maybe 2-3cm too short but still suited to the position)?

I'm really starting to dislike derby time, it just reminds me how insufferable that supporter base is.

I swear it never used to be this bad and that they were generally likable, what happened?

Your memory is failing you, that's what's happened. They've never even been remotely likeable.

That reminds me of my highlight of the match:

I was unlucky enough to be stuck near the most obnoxious eagles supporter imaginable. Only about a qtr of what came spewing out of his fat gob all game was actually about barracking for the eagles, the other 3/4 was just abuse towards Freo. He was the personification of eagles supporters really, and gave me a timely reminder of why I hate them.

Anyway, it was with much enjoyment that I observed security tap him on the shoulder and evict him at the start of the 4th qtr. It instantly made the rest of the game more enjoyable, though I am a little sad he missed out on witnessing that last qtr.

I couldn’t care less how many of those blue and yellow weevils injured themselves yesterday. It’s AFL football and they need to suck it up instead of enlisting their sycophant media buddies to help them turn it into a mammoth David & Goliath epic production.

If they want an example of bravery, try writing about Fyfe playing a final with a broken leg. Now that’s courage!

They reckon that all Freddy should be thinking about after kicking a goal to put us up 41 against our cross town rivals for a much needed win is how bad eagles injury crisis is. And that bc of that it was incredibly disrespectful and poor taste. As if Freddy would give a flying * abt what’s happening over on the eagles bench.

They're big mad and it's ****ing fantastic. Love freddy.

I certainly agree he seems a lesser player than this time last year. I think we need to get one of our hbf to the wing. My first choice would be Clark, but I would be comfortable with Chappy. As far as I am concerned we only have 1 probable wing in Drizzy going forward. Liam may make it but I have no confidence. Hughes is a stop gap, Aish can be a wing rotation but is too important in the midfield rotation for too much time, Johnson can do some time there but I don't know if he has the running ability to be more than a part time option.
To me the relevant issue is the coach's mindset. He has a wonderful array of defenders who can be used as an attacking weapon, or as a powerhouse defense.

If he gets it right, they can be both. At the moment they look a bit confused and lack cohesion.

It felt great having a win and so I'm not bothering about the circumstances and the attendant circus about injuries, umpiring or even the west coast fans. I reckon the 3rd was a qtr played out of compassion for wc, which is why we deserved to be celebrating in the 4th, especially Freddy.

Just wanted to get a congratulations in for your round 3 flag. Needed the umpires to swing the momentum to beat 18 players (including 4 18 year olds) with your best 22. See you blokes on draft night!
Is that NicNat crapping on your rebuild in your avatar?

Not our fault you had geriatrics pinging toothpick hammies all over the place.

T
RE: Pav being too impartial

The main board eagles fans were adamant he was a one eyed freo commentator. They honestly have NFI and make the MB threads so toxic with their stock standard responses

"Walters ducks" (Yes, but so does half your team and Ryan's flop was soooo much worse)
"It's your grand final" (Can only make a grand final by getting more points and making finals, thanks for 16 points in a row and playing finals)
"Freo given an armchair ride" (lolllllllll)
The majority of posters on the West Coast MB threads are certifiable wholly and solely based on their deluded train of thought when it comes to football…

Pav is so careful not to sound pro freo he goes the other way. Mooney meanwhile, actively on the mark cheering for the Kangas against us.

Pav is in a tough spot but leans to the better side of the ledger than the victorian knobs.
This is so true, the only way you could tell he is a Freo supporter is because when one of our players does something good he makes noises in the backgrouns like "Hoof...wow!" but barely audible. I haven't noticed him do this for other teams players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That reminds me of my highlight of the match:

I was unlucky enough to be stuck near the most obnoxious eagles supporter imaginable. Only about a qtr of what came spewing out of his fat gob all game was actually about barracking for the eagles, the other 3/4 was just abuse towards Freo. He was the personification of eagles supporters really, and gave me a timely reminder of why I hate them.

Anyway, it was with much enjoyment that I observed security tap him on the shoulder and evict him at the start of the 4th qtr. It instantly made the rest of the game more enjoyable, though I am a little sad he missed out on witnessing that last qtr.
Poor Daniel. LOL.:flushed::flushed::flushed:
If ya get my drift.

I'm really starting to dislike derby time, it just reminds me how insufferable that supporter base is.

I swear it never used to be this bad and that they were generally likable, what happened?
The 2006 mental gymnastics they had to do to justify that premiership....did something to their brains.....

My highlight of the game was after Hewett missed his set shot and Ryan got stuck into him, Darling who was next to it, looked at the second gamer and turned his back and ran off

If that was any of our players I would be disgusted

Darling is not a team player, the proof is indesputeable.

Started when Williamson came into the centre bounces. Guy loves the whistle for West Coast.

Sheed had the ball, was tackled, swung around and incorrectly disposed of it. The resulting stoppage- Williams backed into Darcy, drew the free kick. Centre clearance then bang goal.

11-0 in the third quarter. Yet these s**t for brains West Coast fans complaining about umpires

Has anyone got the official free kick stats ?.

I hear this 10 to 0 being bandied around, that was the vibe, but just wanted to check the truth.

Freddy’s flip will turn our season on its head.

Love seeing players enjoy their footy. It lifts the team.
It feels like none of us are allowed to enjoy the win “because WCE had so many injuries” - it’s sad moments like this, how well Amiss played, how awesome Son Son was.

They're big mad and it's ******* fantastic. Love freddy.

Winners are grinders, the rest can suit themselves.

Oh by the way, Hughes is officially in my “underrated book”. Had a solid game and his kick in the first quarter, that resulted ina goal, was a gem. He was running down the guts, sized up the targets, and then darted the ball 45 degrees down field to a target.

I couldn’t care less how many of those blue and yellow weevils injured themselves yesterday. It’s AFL football and they need to suck it up instead of enlisting their sycophant media buddies to help them turn it into a mammoth David & Goliath epic production.

If they want an example of bravery, try writing about Fyfe playing a final with a broken leg. Now that’s courage!
I loved the courage of skinny young Amiss up against their overweight and slow ageing backline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back