Autopsy Freo Get the Points Against Toast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

West coast are just direct. No handball chains, just strip ball and get it 50-60m down the play.
Collingwood did this v Richmond, just no nonsense clearances.
It can be annoying at times, because when it’s handballed around only gain 5-10m and suddenly turnover and it’s faster the other way.

When we get it right it looks impressive, which was the first half of last year.

In the wet we didn’t alter. We played into oppositions hand.

When the heat is intense we don’t alter, we then lose.

Sometimes you just need to jam it on your boot and allow your spaced out tall forwards to provide a contest. Maybe even clunk one.

Campbell Chesser is in a knee brace now. West Coasts injury list is gonna double after tonight. Shuey hammy and a possible broken hand. McGovern will need an amputation. Cripps foot fell off and still hasn't been located. Witherdens brain has a flat spot and Liam Ryan lands on his head and somehow hurts his leg? Questions over SPS and Oscar Allen, too. Strewth that's a rough day at the office for team WC.
I’m going Illuminate here but is there a possibility Flog Coast were given strict instructions to fake injuries so they had a get out of jail card for the rest of the year , maybe pick up a couple of mid season drafts ?
Similar to last year 🤔

Hate going to the home games. Don’t know if it’s due to years gone by or perhaps Optus stadium bigger capacity allows more eagles fans. But it’s not fun.
Their players are arrogant, their fans are even more knobs. In the end the stress levels goes up, and regardless of winning, just want to head home ASAP.
I usually want to hide under my doona

So, how was work? I’m not one to brag just had a sly smirk on my face.

Tom Cruise Sunglasses GIF by Paramount Movies
I was faced with aggressive sooking about their injuries and ‘debutants’

So, how was work? I’m not one to brag just had a sly smirk on my face.

Tom Cruise Sunglasses GIF by Paramount Movies

I saw a highlights video Sunday morning of a 2006 Derby, I was invited to that by my school friends since I'd fairly recently started liking AFL football (about 04/05, European family) and I copped it all game about how the Dockers were rubbish... then we won after Hasleby kicked that goal with about forty seconds left and they said "Shut up Taylor, not. a. word."

I saw those same people Saturday night and they were chirping away about how Owen was back.

Absolute silence yesterday.

Hate going to the home games. Don’t know if it’s due to years gone by or perhaps Optus stadium bigger capacity allows more eagles fans. But it’s not fun.
Their players are arrogant, their fans are even more knobs. In the end the stress levels goes up, and regardless of winning, just want to head home ASAP.

It's an Eagles home game when they are winning and a Freo home game when we are. It makes it hard to bear when it's not going well and there's new faces sitting around the regular seats getting stuck into everyone. Spilling beers on people. Looking like Danny McBride without the humour or charm.

But it makes a lot of money for the club, 56,000 bums on seats is about 16,000 more than the break even point and profits soar.

I did notice that about halfway through that 4th quarter a large number of people not wearing Eagles colours started leaving... outing themselves.

The Monday Excuses brought to you by freo84.

"We would've won if we didnt have so many injuries."

Well you were already losing when you copped them. Im fact we kicked 4 straight on you and had complete field position.

" Shuey was Dominant and him going off made you win."

So your midfield is completely reliant on Shuey and cannot adjust if he goes off injured. Plus he's injury prone.

"Umpires and injuries robbed us of the win. Typical cheating Dockers paying the umpires off. Walters is cheat."

In the 3rd when you came back the 10 frees to none wasn't a major driving factor? Maybe you need to adjust your tackling technique to adjust for Walters so you don't give away silly free kicks.

I’m going Illuminate here but is there a possibility Flog Coast were given strict instructions to fake injuries so they had a get out of jail card for the rest of the year , maybe pick up a couple of mid season drafts ?
Similar to last year 🤔
Man, do we really need to do this, this just makes us all look looney

Just wanted to get a congratulations in for your round 3 flag. Needed the umpires to swing the momentum to beat 18 players (including 4 18 year olds) with your best 22. See you blokes on draft night!
One team really wanted to win so badly that they threw everything they had at the opposition, as it was their grand final. The other team didn't even turn up and and still won by 41 points over a team so desperate to win, that their players were dropping like flies from the toll that it was taking on them. At the end of the day, one team walked off the ground as winners without breaking a sweat, whilst the other team were carried off the ground on stretchers, only to then begin looking for excuses.

If there was a trophy for desperation and determination to win a game, the Eagles would still be jogging around Optus Stadium holding it up to the sun and drinking from it.

It was a brave fight indeed, but at what cost?

To The Spoils Go The Victor!!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mike91 and Joao other Jackson doubters, I'm not trying to be a smart arse but judge how much hopium I'm huffing, if that game on the weekend is close to the baseline we can expect from Jackson each week for this year, is that good enough to not be too upset at the trade for now?

Would want continued improvement (which we should get) moving forward but I thought he was pretty influential and showed more than a couple of glimpses of what we paid for.

mike91 and Joao other Jackson doubters, I'm not trying to be a smart arse but judge how much hopium I'm huffing, if that game on the weekend is close to the baseline we can expect from Jackson each week for this year, is that good enough to not be too upset at the trade for now?

Would want continued improvement (which we should get) moving forward but I thought he was pretty influential and showed more than a couple of glimpses of what we paid for.
Great now he is going to have 10 clangers and contribute to 5 Adelaide goals.

I reckon I could look spectacular on occasions playing against Jake Waterman. We might want to see it consistently against good opponents in big games before we tick off a seven year contract and two first round picks.

I reckon I could look spectacular on occasions playing against Jake Waterman. We might want to see it consistently against good opponents in big games before we tick off a seven year contract and two first round picks.
I'd argue that when rucking against Waterman he looked his worst because he wasnt taking advantage of it properly. But your point is exactly what i was saying anyway, IF that game is the baseline for the rest of the year, is that enough for now or do we need more?

I'd argue that when rucking against Waterman he looked his worst because he wasnt taking advantage of it properly. But your point is exactly what i was saying anyway, IF that game is the baseline for the rest of the year, is that enough for now or do we need more?
Yeah absolutely if he's kicking two goals a game and tackling like a devil in the midfield all year, that is a clear pass mark. I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Yep he can definitely add Jake Watermelons scalp to his belt

We are never breaking even on that deal and we have somehow added an impotent midfield to an impotent fwd line

I know this place skews positive as much as it can with a team like Freo and pessimistic posters like myself upset the happy clappers but JFC there are more warning lights flashing on the panels than 30 secs before Chernobyl blew up

All signs indicate a young team and off- field crew that have their heads so far up our own ass we’ve disappeared

Classic trap …. our favourite kind

I am ripped off my **** on Jackson hopium. I smoke that shit for breakfast. I see a future where Jacko times his leaps so perfectly it's like someone is attending marking contests on a hoverboard, plucks the pill like its oversized fruit and then rides off laughing.

Yep he can definitely add Jake Watermelons scalp to his belt

We are never breaking even on that deal and we have somehow added an impotent midfield to an impotent fwd line

I know this place skews positive as much as it can with a team like Freo and pessimistic posters like myself upset the happy clappers but JFC there are more warning lights flashing on the panels than 30 secs before Chernobyl blew up

All signs indicate a young team and off- field crew that have their heads so far up our own ass we’ve disappeared

Classic trap …. our favourite kind
Man, look, I'm worried about where we finish this year making the deal disgusting but you are going way too early on a 21 year old KPP after 3 games. I think he definitely has talent and watching him head over the ball and aerial contests, he's no Schache scared of contact tall. The guy is going to be playing for 10 years and you are basically saying the trades a write-off after 3 games?

Man, look, I'm worried about where we finish this year making the deal disgusting but you are going way too early on a 21 year old KPP after 3 games. I think he definitely has talent and watching him head over the ball and aerial contests, he's no Schache scared of contact tall. The guy is going to be playing for 10 years and you are basically saying the trades a write-off after 3 games?
Cmon mate he should be leading the Coleman and Brownlow voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back