Review Freo go down against the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Newsflash doomsayers. This game was hard and brutal. We did plenty to win, but bad kicking is bad footy, and those sodas at key moments from Amiss/Voss etc hurt.

That's one of the best and hard-at-it midfield units going, and we matched them more or less. Wrong end of a few calls but got some too.

Those calling for Fyfe's head, we'd have missed his grunt today, trust me. Walters though seems to have gone on a bit long. Didn't lose us the game though.

Darcy would've been the difference for sure. Jackson needs to work on his marks, been off all year in that respect.

Don't think many teams would've stood up to that today down there. Dust off and look forward to playing Melbourne minus Gawn and Petracca.

We'll make finals, and we can win on the road.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Newsflash. We gave up five of the last six goals of the game. Soft as butter.

Can someone please explain why Young spends so much time forward? I understand he's our only mid that can sit there and be a threat, but he's also our best mid by far and away.

Probably for rotation purposes so he doesn't have to come off the ground. The old school rest the mids in the forward pocket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most frustrating thing is how tight the season is.

That game was a normal hard fought loss any other year.

But we’ve shit the bed twice already, and the ladder is so tight that any loss is like a nuke to the season.

We won 1st and 3rd, they won 2nd and 4th.

Wonder if it has anything to do with the ground orientation and the sun.

Bottom 6 were awful today, and the leaders never got of bed. Fyfe to sub, walters out. Let’s hope someone puts their hand up for peel.

That’s was soul destroying.

this exact game is why we need Darcy.

Yeah it was pretty clear from the start of the game that we win that one if we have Darcy.

I think people saying that it was a poor effort need their head read by the way. Their record there speaks for itself and any half decent Gawks team are tough to beat in Tassie.

This shows that we are travelling where I think we'll end up this season. A team that's about 5th or so in the ladder.

Lose to the Hawks in a place they never lose and this place loses it mind haha.

Teams going places but not quite there yet. Need to bounce back next week.
Hopefully we don’t get sent there again next year - we need to be more vocal (as a club) about being sent everywhere else but the MCG

Lots of missed tackles today. That's my eye test for how I think the day will go: if we stick the tackles, then the team is on.

I thought the leaders had a bad game day today: Fyfe, Switta, Ryan, Serong, Brayshaw etc... They are just cruising right now, they need to fight harder.

Yeah righto. Dropping a very droppable game in the Antarctic doesn't mean we're suddenly shit and calls to temper expectations were somehow correct. This is just one more node of information in a season that had a long way to go yet.

Wierd to pat yourself on the back for that.

Did I say we were shit? Did I pat myself on the back? The drinking of the bathwater this week took on another level - guaranteed prelim/GF nonsense. Apparently we were destined for a prelim in 2004 and 2005 and we missed out on finals both years.

I'm very optimistic we will finish Top 6 this year.

So why didn’t we just forfeit then? If it’s so impossible to win there? “No excuses team” my arse.
Oh yes, it is clearly unacceptable to lose any games at all and we should accept only winning every game

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Freo go down against the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back