Freo looking to trade in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep I agree that we should let Clarke go thru to the PSD, reading the Bris boards and all the supporters seem to know that he is inconsistent but thinks they will get our 1st rounder and our compo or a player they are ****ing dreaming. We played hardball with our coach now we should do the same to get Clark.

Definitely keep our 1st round pick and maybe see what other clubs will offer us for our compo pick but happy to keep that if no value is offered.

Dont know about Brad Dick he did his knee and wont play next yr and you dont know how he will return after that so hardly worth giving anything up to get him next yr. Also dont think we should give up on Roberton and Crichton yet continue there development!!!

Funny, I was gonna say the same thing. :)

Checked the link and it's a double take. Couldn't read the emotions on the guys face, so had nfi what you were trying to say.

But yeah, I think Swallow's a good footballer, I just don't think he has the weapons like Suban has. Don't agree?

Yeah. "He's certainly worth more than a 2nd round pick". Ok, thanks Vossy, take our 2nd plus some shit.

Crazy Vossy is doing the negotiating for us. He's lowering the price by the day. Give him another week and he'll have a press conference saying Clark is worth more than a 4th round + Crowley.

But yeah, sending out all the signals that Brissy will swallow their pride and take the first rounder.

Checked the link and it's a double take. Couldn't read the emotions on the guys face, so had nfi what you were trying to say.

But yeah, I think Swallow's a good footballer, I just don't think he has the weapons like Suban has. Don't agree?

Aaahh righto, yeah it was the double take. I thought you were trollin'. North has a pretty solid list albeit any lack of cohesion that would see them challenge the top 4, but there's a reason Swallow won last years B&F. He's an absolute jet, there'd only be 5-6 odd players I wouldn't give up for him probably on our list.

Yeah. "He's certainly worth more than a 2nd round pick". Ok, thanks Vossy, take our 2nd plus some shit.

Crazy Vossy is doing the negotiating for us. He's lowering the price by the day. Give him another week and he'll have a press conference saying Clark is worth more than a 4th round + Crowley.

But yeah, sending out all the signals that Brissy will swallow their pride and take the first rounder.

This just in from Vossy, "My final offer would definitely be no less than their 3rd rounder, but there'd have to be a bag of spuds involved."

Lyon: ".. "

Vossy: "... just have him"

Lyon: "..."

Vossy: "Fine, you can have Banfield too, you drive a hard bargain"

True story.

The problem is Suban can be a pretty dumb footballer. His ball use is often atrocious. Bang it long to nobody is his weapon.

Freo and Brisbane should get a deal done without too much bother.

PSD would be unlikely, most players will want to see their old club get some compensation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly not better than Hill. Might as well say Mitch Robinson is better than Hill if so.

Ceartainly. Oh, ok. Another well reasoned discussion with Clay. Sigh.

The only area where Hill would be clearly better than Suban is his pace. Conversely, Suban's attack on the man and ball is clearly better than Hill.

Hill goes to ground in every single contest, physical pressure or not. Suban doesn't.

I'm can't absolutely declare one player better than another like you can, but I can say who I rate higher, based on what I value in a footballer. Disagree all you want, but it has no impact on that.

Pace, fitness, smarts, ball use. I don't really think Suban attacks the contest all that hard either, certainly not a big enough asset to say he is overall better than Hill.

Hill might choose which contests to pull out from, but Suban can't even get near them. Goes missing more than MJ.

Apparantly squibs are the new black.

I'm not someone who favours all the bell's and whistle's over the basics like going hard at the contest.

I remember a game where Suban made a crucial tackle on the goal line and stopped a certain goal. Hill couldn't ever do that. He does look flashy in space though, which is why people love him. Semi Judd factor.

Yeah, don't get that one.

Is it a notsureifserious?

2011 was an aberration for hilly in my book , undone & injured the whole season. I'm pretty optimistic we'll see the return of the " press busting" hilly in 2012. Lyon will ensure one his most destructive weapons gets the blocks & shepards he requires. I can see both wings at subi simultaneously being lit up by hilly & mora , under lyon's reign.:thumbsu:

Pace, fitness, smarts, ball use. I don't really think Suban attacks the contest all that hard either, certainly not a big enough asset to say he is overall better than Hill.

Hill might choose which contests to pull out from, but Suban can't even get near them. Goes missing more than MJ.

Smarts and ball use, I call bullshit. Fitness we can talk, provide some evidence.

The rest of it is Don King'esque bollox.

Aaahh righto, yeah it was the double take. I thought you were trollin'. North has a pretty solid list albeit any lack of cohesion that would see them challenge the top 4, but there's a reason Swallow won last years B&F. He's an absolute jet, there'd only be 5-6 odd players I wouldn't give up for him probably on our list.

I usually don't troll legit posters.

I think Swallow would play the same role Mundy/Barlow play for us, and I'm not sure he would be better than either of them. Tight call one way or the other. With a midfield of Mundy/Barlow/Swallow I think it starts to get a bit same same (in a slightly similar way to 5-10 years ago, but not as one paced). All good players, but I'd rather a bit more diversity in style for our midfield. Would still be all over him if we got the right deal though.

Now hang on there, Clay.

Like IAJM, I love the way Suban plays. He would be in my starting 18 every week. So would Hill, for that matter. But, if I could only have one of them in my team, then I would take Suban every time. I don't recall ever watching him and thinking "why isn't he trying", something I can't say for Hill.

Now hang on there, Clay.

Like IAJM, I love the way Suban plays. He would be in my starting 18 every week. So would Hill, for that matter. But, if I could only have one of them in my team, then I would take Suban every time. I don't recall ever watching him and thinking "why isn't he trying", something I can't say for Hill.

Oh no. What have you done:(

Now hang on there, Clay.

Wow...I've been critical of Hill before but this is crazy talk

If Suban is so good at the contest, then why is he such a low contested ball winner? He'd be in the bottom 20% for hard ball gets at the club, even below Hill.

He looks like he tries harder because he huffs and puffs and runs hard forwards, but that's deceiving. He's really not that solid at all. Hill is the far better player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo looking to trade in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back