Freo looking to trade in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thing we have in our favour with Clark (correct me if i'm wrong) but I'm pretty sure he is out of contract, so if he decides he wants to come to Freo we could end up paying substantially less than he's worth hopefully our 2nd round pick or less. Only issue with him is he seems to play his best footy in the ruck, and as many have mentioned is it worth having the 2 Clark/es in the team with Sandi.

If it came down to that I would hope he nominate's for the draft and goes to another team.

Definitely looking less likely we will get O'Meara. I really don't want Mitch Clark, but I've just got a feeling Rhys may be heading over to the Lions instead of the suspected GWS.

The JBomb was/is always going to be a very very long shot - you would need some very good contracted players (not picks) to get him and those players need to be willing to go to GWS. All the talk about O'Meara are just pipe dreams AFAIC.

That quote on Palmer is the surest thing I've heard that Palmer is unlikely to stay, though it's still fairly vague so I'm not counting any chickens.

What interested me was the comment about having defenders that can handle small forwards - without Hayden that has been a major issue for us. That says 1. Broughton's days as a defender are really numbered (nothing new there). 2. Harves has lost faith in Duffield completely (nothing surprising there). 3. Harves has lost faith in Grovers ability to go small too (which is about right).

Could mean he's seriously considering Davis ... interesting days ahead.

Davis would improve our team instantly, I think Harvey and co are throwing a sucker punch with Clark.
Davis would also inject the speed, speed of mind, that we require in the back half.Roger Hayden will be missed thats for sure.

that article really scares me when he talked about playing pav in the backline. realy good idea take our all time leading goal scorer and put him in the backline. i think harvey might be losing the plot a bit, might have a case of sheedyitis. if everyone else can see that we shouldnt target mitch clark and keep drafting then why cant he. this is exactly why chris connoly doesnt have a job anymore and i think mark harvey is heading down the same road. would have been interestin if harveys contract was out this year with a few experienced coaches floating around without jobs. for once i wish we would sign an experienced and tried coach

Davis would improve our team instantly, I think Harvey and co are throwing a sucker punch with Clark.
Davis would also inject the speed, speed of mind, that we require in the back half.Roger Hayden will be missed thats for sure.

This ^^

With Hayden retiring, it would get us a quality rebounder for 1-2 years, draft a kid to sit behind.

that article really scares me when he talked about playing pav in the backline. realy good idea take our all time leading goal scorer and put him in the backline.

It might be a good idea but only if we get KPF in the off-season.

I reckon Harves is throwing furfies around.

Remember Warnock we wanted more than a pick in the 20's.

MC is undoubtedly worth a 1st rounder and change.

As first ruck in 09 he was unlucky not to be AA.

Brisb then bumped up Luenberger and tried to make MC a forward. At Brisb where they have the most dominant CHF in the league and brought in Fev.

This year he has been asked to play a lone hand in many games in a team that has been thrashed in the midfield. In a Freo team on the wide open spaces, with Pavlich - if we can get on top in the midfield (Sandi, Zac, Mundy, Barlow, Hill Morrabitto) - I would think MC would lead our goal kicking with 40 +.

There is a lot of Drew Petrie in this situation.

If you could get him for anything approaching a discount on his fair market value - we should not let our fear of ghosts of trading past effect us.

The only appealing feature in my mind is M.Clark's age. Still 23 (and 10 months). At least he provides a long term option ... in the RUCK. Still don't want him if we are looking at him as a forward (which short term would have to be the case).

Another thing to consider is our inept medical team. Clark has a history of leg injuries, and we are the worst side in the competition when it comes to dealing with those issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisb then bumped up Luenberger and tried to make MC a forward. At Brisb where they have the most dominant CHF in the league and brought in Fev.

This year he has been asked to play a lone hand in many games in a team that has been thrashed in the midfield. In a Freo team on the wide open spaces, with Pavlich - if we can get on top in the midfield (Sandi, Zac, Mundy, Barlow, Hill Morrabitto) - I would think MC would lead our goal kicking with 40 +.

If you could get him for anything approaching a discount on his fair market value - we should not let our fear of ghosts of trading past effect us.
:thumbsu: I totally agree Moo with the added advantage that MC takes contested marks something our club is sadly lacking.

With Carlton I disagree they bit themselves in the arse by trading for Judd as they traded away Kennedy one of the best KPF going around. Quality KPF are as rare as hens teeth- Carlton were always going to have a quality midfield now what separates them from the top teams is that they cant find a KPF and Kennedy would have been the ultimate fit but they traded him away.

That was kind of my point. Carlton built a midfield and then relied on drafting to pick up the KPD's they were in serious need of. That didn't go too well.

that article really scares me when he talked about playing pav in the backline. realy good idea take our all time leading goal scorer and put him in the backline. i think harvey might be losing the plot a bit, might have a case of sheedyitis. if everyone else can see that we shouldnt target mitch clark and keep drafting then why cant he. this is exactly why chris connoly doesnt have a job anymore and i think mark harvey is heading down the same road. would have been interestin if harveys contract was out this year with a few experienced coaches floating around without jobs. for once i wish we would sign an experienced and tried coach

Playing an AA FB/CHB in the backline a bad idea?

I haven't thought about how we would go about balancing the team to allow that to happen, but if we could, the next part of this post would be notsureifserious.jpg

Hypothetically ,if 40+ goals is all we can expect off MC you'd have to feel short changed.Play zac & sandi up forward more,both are more than capable of 20 goals each IMO.Pav plays forward next year, pav will kick 50+ goals.Then our recruiters draft a kid who is a genuine full- forward this year.

Any chance M.Clark might go into the PSD?
What's stopping him from telling all other suitors to get ****ed, I only want to play at FREO! Why would a club select a player if he doesn't want too be their in the first place?

Can someone explain to me:

a) how O'meara will help us in 2012 when we need to be going flat out while Pav, Sandi, McPharlin et al have some currency.

b) the likely chances of finding a key forward in the draft or anywhere else who would kick the 30 odd goals a year Mitch Clark would kick next year.

c) why Brad Scott said on Insider you need 4 ruckman on your list but most of you reckon 3 is 1 too many.

d) how 15 years of our trades is any worse than most other clubs.

Micth Clark has kicked the same number of goals as Michael Hurley from the same number of games. Please explain.

Can someone explain to me:

a) how O'meara will help us in 2012 when we need to be going flat out while Pav, Sandi, McPharlin et al have some currency.

b) the likely chances of finding a key forward in the draft or anywhere else who would kick the 30 odd goals a year Mitch Clark would kick next year.

c) why Brad Scott said on Insider you need 4 ruckman on your list but most of you reckon 3 is 1 too many.

d) how 15 years of our trades is any worse than most other clubs.

Micth Clark has kicked the same number of goals as Michael Hurley from the same number of games. Please explain.

Say what?

Michael Hurley has played half his games at CHB...

Hypothetically ,if 40+ goals is all we can expect off MC you'd have to feel short changed.Play zac & sandi up forward more,both are more than capable of 20 goals each IMO.Pav plays forward next year, pav will kick 50+ goals.Then our recruiters draft a kid who is a genuine full- forward this year.
Forget hypothetically. Try Realistically. Sandi has never kicked 20 in a season has he? Who knows what Clarke might do. He's as raw as steak tartare.

40+ goals a year usually puts you in the top 10-15 goalkickers in the AFL.

If Pav kicks 60-70, and Clark, Mayne, and Ballantyne kicked 35-40 each, then you could book your plane tickets for finals action.

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo looking to trade in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back