Future Magpies Watch '11-12

Remove this Banner Ad

Darcy was second best for Vic Metro today. I can only assume he played back as his opponent Goddard got 2 goals.

For those interested, he will be eligible to play as an under ager for Oakleigh Chargers next season.

Adding to previous comments on James Stewart, Emma Quayle has said on twitter that a few clubs are interested in James.. So it's unlikely no clubs will bid for him.
He'll get bids..it's a matter of what pick.

Darcy was second best for Vic Metro today. I can only assume he played back as his opponent Goddard got 2 goals.

For those interested, he will be eligible to play as an under ager for Oakleigh Chargers next season.

Adding to previous comments on James Stewart, Emma Quayle has said on twitter that a few clubs are interested in James.. So it's unlikely no clubs will bid for him.

Also could play Underage for Vic Metro in the u-18 Champs

PROGNOSTICATION: I will get firm in the pantaloon department when we recruit this boy.
Infact i feel a small wriggling now.:oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this because I saw Edwards do just this for Scotch against Carey in the APS competition 2 months ago.

Edwards had a mostly quiet game on the day but in this one play he collected the ball in the back pocket, sprinted all the way from the back pocket up to the forward flank at full speed and lace out delivered a short pass to a leading forward. Never seen a play like it and he absolutely bolted that distance faster than Chris Yarran or Stephen Hill would, it was properly incredible. Those are the types of plays you'd hope to see him do more often and with more regularity in games because when he runs he can really turn games with the best of them.

It was only the one play and again he didn't do all that much else in that game, but regardless it was by far the play of the game and a really special play you don't see at any level.

It wasn't exactly low level competition playing with Carey having: Jack Viney, Matthew Haynes, Kristian Jaksch, Jackson Macrae, Nathan Hrovat who could all get drafted this year then Darcy Moore. And Scotch having: James Stewart, Jack Billings, Darren Allen, Jake Kelly and Elijah Edwards among others which is more talent that you would see in the average TAC Cup game which suggests that he could make similar meaningful running plays against higher level competition.

I don't have Edward's testing. But I would expect he would be in the 1% top for speed over 5,10,20,50,100 and 200m for his age.

Sounds a little like this play Knightmare:

Sounds a little like this play Knightmare:

Similar type play and Edwards would be just as fast if not faster. The main difference in the play was that Edwards once he got to the 50 found a target by foot at full pace. In the Edwards play he ran even further at full pace than Michael Mitchell does in this video which made it pretty special - coming from allot deeper in defence.

I'm sure more footage of Edwards will be released but when it does expect allot of these type plays. It's what he does.

Similar type play and Edwards would be just as fast if not faster. The main difference in the play was that Edwards once he got to the 50 found a target by foot at full pace. In the Edwards play he ran even further at full pace than Michael Mitchell does in this video which made it pretty special - coming from allot deeper in defence.

I'm sure more footage of Edwards will be released but when it does expect allot of these type plays. It's what he does.

Wow I hope you aren't hyping him up too much sounds a beauty!

BTW that goal and mark combo has to be the best highlights set by any player that I can think of..

Darcy wasn't listed in the bests according to this article.

http://www.mooneevalleyweekly.com.a...6s-wa-handle-vic-metro-in-sydney/2619715.aspx

Vic Metro fell 30 points short of WA at Blacktown in game two of the AFL Under-16 National Championships on Tuesday.
Bacchus Marsh's Dillon Viojo-Rainbow booted three goals for Vic Metro in the 7.4 (46) to 11.10 (76) defeat.
Maribyrnong Park's Touk Miller was in the best players for the second straight game.
Vic Metro plays South Australia on Friday in its third and final game of the championships.
See the Weekly next Tuesday for a full report
WA 11.10 (76) d Vic Metro 7.4 (46)
GOALS - WA: Lewis 4, Grace 3, Smith, Anderson, Deluca, Wilkinson
Vic Metro: Viojo-Rainbow 3, Nielson, McLaren, Carboni, Sullivan
BEST - WA: Walsh, Hille, Miller-Lewis, Anderson, McPhail, Deluca, Tingey
Vic Metro: McLaren, Brayshaw, Lowe, Sullivan, Miller

Doesn't mention Darcy at all, will wait for the AFL website one to come out to see if anything is said about him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Future Magpies Watch '11-12

Remove this Banner Ad

Back