Game Day Game Day Thread for QF2, 2024 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excited Teyana Taylor GIF by VH1

Bit of a weird one this one. Win this and the excitement of "why not this year" will meet the "lol 2020 / 2021" pressure. Lose this and I know the year is a write-off, but hopefully the end of Ken (in Chewy we trust).

Bring on the game.

Jed BOG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you watched us play in the past 8 weeks?

What part of those performances screams “Todd Marshall would fit into this style of play well”?

We bomb it forward time after time and demand our tall forwards make a contest and not allow intercept marks from oppo defenders. That's the plan 80% of the time.

Nothing about Marshall’s game or physical state suggests he does those things better than Dix or Rat. In fact we have a heap of evidence that he doesn’t do these things well at all.

I have some real concerns for Todd. I would not be surprised if there is an announcement re his future some time in the off season. The problem is we go into a game with Todd he takes a routine knock, and we loose him. For once I think Hinkley & Co did the right thing and decided not to take a risk.

I have some real concerns for Todd. I would not be surprised if there is an announcement re his future some time in the off season. The problem is we go into a game with Todd he takes a routine knock, and we loose him. For once I think Hinkley & Co did the right thing and decided not to take a risk.
If it was at that point he wouldn't be named as an emergency.

Feeling reasonably confident about this.

Don't think the Stewart tag works this time around, but reckon the mids are ready to explode and just straight out get the win from centre clearance.

We all know how this works. We win and Ken's a genius and the best thing since sliced bread and the boys won it for Kenny. We lose and it's because of the list and injury and suspension, oh and the ungrateful booing fans.
A nice win for the club and supporters would be something different, Hinkley recognizing the supporters would also be something he's never done before.

Win Port and win for the jumper and the fans.

The boys simply have to take the W whether its ugly or not and stick to the basics. Don't try any fancy shit. Chase, tackle and harass and always be switched on defensively. Exert pressure constantly and never make it easy for the cats to score. All the aggressive ball movement will sort itself out and for god sake, KICK STRAIGHT through the two middle goal posts. I want to see more goals than behinds and WIN.

Yep coz we aint gunna win the free kick count

Call me old fashioned but I think defensively having Farrell and Houston out makes the Defensive side of Ports game much stronger.

Add to that the run and rebound from Burgoyne, Boak, Rozee and Butters and I think Port have enough run and spread to be dynamic coming out of the back half and creating scoring opportunities.

More old school one on one finals football which I think bodes well for a deep run at this time of year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back