Autopsy Game is long over, Swans were putrid

Remove this Banner Ad

Me as coach.

The boys all rock into the club Monday morning after grabbing a bite to eat & a latte together...

They're sent into a room with 2 large screens.

One simply has the following written on it:

71-0

The other has these games playing on repeat.

That is where they spend the whole Monday.

I don't say a word all day. Not one. No hellos. Nothing. Then at 5pm I shut it all down and say "see you at training early tomorrow".
Instead of 2016 I'd replace it with the 2017 semi or maybe even the Geelong game last year. 2016 was at least a competitive contest.

When does the anger simmer down guys? I haven’t been this angry at the club since 2014 gf
Next win, maybe.

So going by that.....another 9 months.

Liz its probably a good thing RWO has been offline the past 2 weeks :moustache:

Last night was just a finals like disintegration but it happened in round 21.

2024 is a abnormally long season with 24 rounds so in that aspect we are right on track for typical week 1 finals performance.
Is that site still going

Lighten up Swans Fans (they are my 2nd side as a FYI). You have won more games this year than the Kangas have in 5 years. Anyhow this report just in 😎

Fraud Raid at Moore Park by NSW Police

Officers from the Fraud Division carried out an early morning raid at the Swans Moore Park offices. Several items were being bagged for evidence, and preliminary charges of impersonating a top AFL side have been laid. The evidence items included the following.

1. Some heavy duty wall paper.
  2. A receipt for some New Clothes purchased at the Emperors Emporium by a T.Harley
  3. A Game Plan folder, that was missing parts B, C and D.
  4. A music CD - The best of Pretenders.
  5. An unused Qantas return Ticket to Melbourne from back in May for a passenger S.Wicks.

More news to come…….
You know there’s a Dad Jokes thread on the North board ?

Hang on that might be the whole Board !

Meant to ask, do you like fast players ? I do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure i mean change Wicks/C.Warner etc you still have Warner,Mills,Blakey,Lloyd,Cunningham,Adams,Heeney,Gulden/Logan playing the worst football of their careers.
Bit unfair on Cunningham. Played well on Cameron 2 weeks ago after coming back, and I don't really think any of our actual defenders can be fairly judged based on us just letting opposition midfields do what they want on repeat, the last 2 weeks.

Me as coach.

The boys all rock into the club Monday morning after grabbing a bite to eat & a latte together...

71-0

I don't say a word all day. Not one. No hellos. Nothing. Then at 5pm I shut it all down and say "see you at training early tomorrow".
That's one approach. But instead (or as well as) I'd find some games where our pressure was at its best. Remind them of what they can do and what the result is.

People (here, and in the media) say that teams have worked out how to beat us, but I'm not convinced it's all (or even mostly) things that other teams are doing rather than things we have stopped doing ourselves. Mostly applying pressure. Sure, blocking up the corridor helps, but if it was as easy as that opposition teams would have cottoned on much sooner.

The Richmond game was an anomaly (at the time) in the way our pressure wasn't where it had been and needed to be. But we can look back now and see it was just a bad game. But then it's gradually dropped off since the second GWS game to a point where it's putrid.

And I don't understand why nothing has been done to address the awful starts. We would have comfortably won against the Saints, Dockers and Lions with a better start. (And yes, we comfortably won twice against GWS, against Carlton, reasonably comfortably against Geelong despite those awful starts.) I had hoped that last week would jar them into action, to find a way to switch on - mostly to apply some pressure - right from the beginning. But instead they decided just to not bother trying at the start of the second, third or fourth quarters either.

All players should've gone to someones place and have a bbq a few beers and talk it out
That's one approach. But instead (or as well as) I'd find some games where our pressure was at its best. Remind them of what they can do and what the result is.

People (here, and in the media) say that teams have worked out how to beat us, but I'm not convinced it's all (or even mostly) things that other teams are doing rather than things we have stopped doing ourselves. Mostly applying pressure. Sure, blocking up the corridor helps, but if it was as easy as that opposition teams would have cottoned on much sooner.

The Richmond game was an anomaly (at the time) in the way our pressure wasn't where it had been and needed to be. But we can look back now and see it was just a bad game. But then it's gradually dropped off since the second GWS game to a point where it's putrid.

And I don't understand why nothing has been done to address the awful starts. We would have comfortably won against the Saints, Dockers and Lions with a better start. (And yes, we comfortably won twice against GWS, against Carlton, reasonably comfortably against Geelong despite those awful starts.) I had hoped that last week would jar them into action, to find a way to switch on - mostly to apply some pressure - right from the beginning. But instead they decided just to not bother trying at the start of the second, third or fourth quarters either.
Maybe a bull like Parker starting in the middle with Rowy and Adams, start Heens and Chad forward they can both mark , just something different and those blokes are hard nuts in the middle , bring back our DNA

Horse said Amartey was managed , so why not play Hambling !
Why recruit a player just for him to dwell in the VFL? This I don’t get. If you’re not playing him, bring in kids like Tom Hanily

You’re absolutely right. Roberts tries and gets stuck in, but his disposal and skills let him down most of the time. It’s actually bad to have him leading our play, because so many of his actions result in a turnover.
I really like Roberts, with the strapping and the left foot bombs he reminds me of Hanners.

His kicks out of defence were some of our best, Blakey comparatively couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. His decision making in heavy traffic could probably be sharpened up a bit, tends to be a bit panicky

Me as coach.

71-0

We are starting to get all 'Collective Minds'-ish now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Game is long over, Swans were putrid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back