Autopsy Game is long over, Swans were putrid

Remove this Banner Ad

Need to drop players based off of this tbh as it seems to be the same players each week. Get JJ back into a tagging role because he has been shocking in the last 4-5 weeks as shown in the screenshot which shows the last 5 games for the Swans and the worst performing players sorted by player ratings.

EDIT: Also Wicks produced a -1.3 player rating i don't know if i have seen a rating worse than that, but apparently as per some he is crucial to the set up of scores. B*****T
Seriously do you actually think our forwards had a part to play in that capitulation? The ball barely made it to our half of the ground.

Your edit makes me think you might finally understand how Wicks performance directly correlates with how well we score😉 Like I said, if we have a bad game, you can guarantee Wicks won't have a good game. Team performance and medium/small forward performance always goes hand in hand - and it's the team performance that determines the other, not the other way around.

Do we really have no better option than Wicks in that role? Doing nothing.

I said I'd never do it as they aren't the same role but if we won't play Hanily (i'll refrain from that as I don't watch enough of the reserves) then play Parker as a small forward this week and lets just see if it works.

Seriously do you actually think our forwards had a part to play in that capitulation? The ball barely made it to our half of the ground.

Your edit makes me think you might finally understand how Wicks performance directly correlates with how well we score😉 Like I said, if we have a bad game, you can guarantee Wicks won't have a good game. Team performance and medium/small forward performance always goes hand in hand - and it's the team performance that determines the other, not the other way around.

Wicks though has had two diabolical weeks, no problem backing him in last week after one poor outing, but that is two and he was hardly fantastic before being dropped. I like him for structure but at some point the performance has to come.

Swans warm favorite to beat Collingwood,I think they must have the odds the wrong way around.

Only thing I can think is there MUST be a response and Carlton are playing even worse than us if that's even possible and they literally fell over the line. If we are half serious we should win at home but I aint holding my breath as watch us give them a 6 plus goal lead and rinse and repeat.

Only thing I can think is there MUST be a response and Carlton are playing even worse than us if that's even possible and they literally fell over the line. If we are half serious we should win at home but I aint holding my breath as watch us give them a 6 plus goal lead and rinse and repeat.
I am totally confused with the swans performances the last few weeks,if they were a racehorse they would have been tested by now.Time for the player leadership to get the players together at a meeting and sort things out before it is to late.

Swans warm favorite to beat Collingwood,I think they must have the odds the wrong way around.
You reckon Billy Frampton will tear us apart?

Collingwood are an ordinary side this year. Particularly now with no DeGoey.

If we can’t bounce back at home ….. I’ll be heading straight over to the Sack Horse thread.

I am totally confused with the swans performances the last few weeks,if they were a racehorse they would have been tested by now.Time for the player leadership to get the players together at a meeting and sort things out before it is to late.

Last week the white tent would have been brought out halfway through the second. Look the positive is we are still first and lets be real we have time to get back to where we were, but boy it's been a hard month to watch

You reckon Billy Frampton will tear us apart?

Collingwood are an ordinary side this year. Particularly now with no DeGoey.

If we can’t bounce back at home ….. I’ll be heading straight over to the Sack Horse thread.

No but Elliott might that's the one matchup we have to get right and lock down. If we let Cameron be BOG I will go postal. Lowering our eyes from the first bounce would be an idea,

Last week the white tent would have been brought out halfway through the second. Look the positive is we are still first and lets be real we have time to get back to where we were, but boy it's been a hard month to watch
The number of texts and comments I have got from personal friends over our performances over the last month, I just agree with them.Just had a Richmond supporter do you mind have a crack at me and the club.Important we all re group,players and all swans supporters on BF as you said Luke we are still on top.

The number of texts and comments I have got from personal friends over our performances over the last month, I just agree with them.Just had a Richmond supporter do you mind have a crack at me and the club.Important we all re group,players and all swans supporters on BF as you said Luke we are still on top.

I mean I'm not saying forget these last two weeks, diabolical whatever. We did however push the most form side in the comp to the brink 3 weeks ago in Brisbane, so it hasn't completely gone. Time to regroup and run into finals in form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean I'm not saying forget these last two weeks, diabolical whatever. We did however push the most form side in the comp to the brink 3 weeks ago in Brisbane, so it hasn't completely gone. Time to regroup and run into finals in form.
The Brisbane game is what gives me some minor hope we can turn this around.

After being poor vs Freo, worse against Saints and pretty much a bye round after the first quarter or so versus North, we pushed the in form team on their home deck, with 2 players down and others hobbling.

That doesn't just disappear.

I'd be showing clips from the last fortnight to highlight what not to do (could just replay the whole Port game), then I'd be bringing up any gutsy plays vs the Lions to show them, and remind them that was all of 2 weeks ago.

Bring that effort, we are in it.

After being poor vs Freo, worse against Saints and pretty much a bye round after the first quarter or so versus North, we pushed the in form team on their home deck, with 2 players down and others hobbling.

I'd be showing clips from the last fortnight to highlight what not to do, then I'd be bringing up any gutsy plays vs the Lions to show them, and remind them that was all of 2 weeks ago.

Yeah 100% and for me weve lost heavily against two clear top 6 sides the last two weeks (I hate the Dogs being near the top 6 but they are). It can happen Brisbane were mauled over and over again earlier in the year.

Chad has dead set drank his entire bathwater in the last month, dead set over him if he wants to do that go to Freo next year for all I care. I feel as soon as we tried to change the side to fit Parker and Mills in, it's all gone badly. Now I'm not saying Parker hasn't been serviceable but we can point when it went badly, then we copped structural injuries like Jmac, etc.
I think Parker would be better value forward. He & Adams are far too similar.

We need to bring Gus back

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah 100% and for me weve lost heavily against two clear top 6 sides the last two weeks (I hate the Dogs being near the top 6 but they are). It can happen Brisbane were mauled over and over again earlier in the year.
I don't think we can remotely excuse our start against the Dogs or the whole Port game. There's just no reason why we lose like that, unless we just didn't turn up to play.

That sort of performance just can't happen.

There's not been another performance like that all year, by anyone. Not with the talent and experience we have at our disposal.

But we'll find out in the next few weeks if it's effectively ended our season, or if we can turn it around.

No. I think Rowie would be a better captain.

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I posted this last night, but Rowbottom has to want it.

He has seemingly every possible attribute needed to make a great captain except for the ego to make it happen.

The captain has to actively want to lead and inspire.

I'd be showing clips from the last fortnight to highlight what not to do (could just replay the whole Port game), then I'd be bringing up any gutsy plays vs the Lions to show them, and remind them that was all of 2 weeks ago.

Bring that effort, we are in it.

May of just been a final surge from the team before they rip

IMO we have looked shit since half time of that GWS game.

Had a training drill against North and a close loss against Brisbane, but pre-round 15 version of us would've flogged Brisbane that day by about 7 goals.

This is nearly six weeks of just junk.

Think its partly a motivation issue being so far in front

Honestly Collingwood cant come at a better time - big club, close encounters, boys get up for a colligwood game

If playing the biggest club cant get their heads into it then ECO the rest of the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Game is long over, Swans were putrid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back