Review GBU vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Good: The facade is now over. Also, Doedee.

Bad: Lot's of things. But what angers me the most is the selection of Sam Jacobs. Yes we'd love to drop Atkins and Mackay and we should, but we have a genuine replacement in ruck who deserves his chance, and Jacobs has been repeatedly terrible, but we persist.

Ugly: Freo were $3.45 at the bounce. Smart punters made a killing.

General observations:
Fremantle are stone cold last in the league for uncontested possessions. They killed us by 70. SEVENTY. That's effort. We're physically and, more disappointingly, mentally cooked at Round 12.

We're using the same high press as 2017 but don't have accountable mids, so teams are killing us on turnover. It used to happen 2 or 3 times a game - almost by design we allowed it to happen - but now its happening 10 times a game. Essentially, Pyke's game style is still being implemented but without the personnel.

The season is over. We need to have the guts to admit it, put anyone who needs surgery (which is a few) in for surgery, expose as many SANFL players as we can across the remaining 10 games, and accept that we won't play finals. Load up at the draft for a mini-rebuild.

But we won't.

Our pre-season was an unmitigated disaster, as has been our injury management during the season. The best run clubs from the top don't allow that to happen. There are some deep issues at our footy club.

Maybe at some point the coaching staff will finally notice that CEY isn't up to it, and we can try something, anything else, like Wilson or McPherson, because they couldn't possibly be any slower, and lack of pace in midfield is why we get murdered in transition by everyone.

We're physically and, more disappointingly, mentally cooked at Round 12.

images

images

Good: The facade is now over. Also, Doedee.

Bad: Lot's of things. But what angers me the most is the selection of Sam Jacobs. Yes we'd love to drop Atkins and Mackay and we should, but we have a genuine replacement in ruck who deserves his chance, and Jacobs has been repeatedly terrible, but we persist.

Ugly: Freo were $3.45 at the bounce. Smart punters made a killing.

General observations:
Fremantle are stone cold last in the league for uncontested possessions. They killed us by 70. SEVENTY. That's effort. We're physically and, more disappointingly, mentally cooked at Round 12.

We're using the same high press as 2017 but don't have accountable mids, so teams are killing us on turnover. It used to happen 2 or 3 times a game - almost by design we allowed it to happen - but now its happening 10 times a game. Essentially, Pyke's game style is still being implemented but without the personnel.

The season is over. We need to have the guts to admit it, put anyone who needs surgery (which is a few) in for surgery, expose as many SANFL players as we can across the remaining 10 games, and accept that we won't play finals. Load up at the draft for a mini-rebuild.

But we won't.

Our pre-season was an unmitigated disaster, as has been our injury management during the season. The best run clubs from the top don't allow that to happen. There are some deep issues at our footy club.
Fans and members deserve action. Burton and Haas are why this has happened. All our players can’t run and it’s showing on the scoreboard.

Whoever allowed this appointment (if it’s Fagan so be it) also need to go.

ugly

mackay - what is new. him running into that contest as the player brushes him aside sums up his career.

atkins - avoids contact at all costs. soft as butter.

gibson - turnover merchant

jacobs -cooked but coaches wont realise it for another 2 seasons.

kelly - diabolical in defence, scared of touching the ball as he knows how awful disposal he has.

cey - invisible tonight.

we had a really positive 2nd quarter led by gibbs and tex but that was about it. truly pathetic for 3 quarters and kind of ends our season.

Good:
I got my tip right
Izak Rankine is looking good. Failing him, Connor Rozee
Gibbs tried
Doedee promising (that run-down tackle on Walters!)
Poholke finally showed something

Bad:
Brown injured
Tex - shouldn't have played but, as usual, the club hit the panic buttons and brought him back 3 weeks too soon
Players getting games on the back of senior experience
Eddie's goalkicking
Defensive structures again - well done Hart
Kelly - Done with him

Ugly:
2 goals in a half

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe at some point the coaching staff will finally notice that CEY isn't up to it, and we can try something, anything else, like Wilson or McPherson, because they couldn't possibly be any slower, and lack of pace in midfield is why we get murdered in transition by everyone.

No shit, I was at the game with my wife, shes fairly football savvy, but a West Coast supporter, there was an instance in the forward line where she turns to me and says "Who's No 28? Hes either really, really slow, or really, really lazy." Summed it up in a nutshell.

That Walker play on and handball to Mackay in the last was sooooo stupid from our captain, can't believe he didn't back himself.

Crouch really didn't add much either in the midfield, we keep getting spanked in the centre and he's simply not doing enough.

Plenty more I'd love to rip into but they have me pissed.

This incestuous disgrace of a club is getting exactly what it deserves. It's just a pity that us poor idiots continue paying to see this year after year so Roo and his incompetent buddies can keep their cushy jobs. Just wait until Mackay is appointed midfield coach after his retirement. Book it in. We are a ****ing joke.

Oh, and I've been getting shouted down all year for questioning Pyke as a coach. Anyone still willing to defend him?

Good: 2nd quarter, Doedee run down, Fog at the death, Brown, Talia

Bad: Atkins, Gibson, Mackay, Kelly

Ugly: Worst umpiring for a long, long time. Cost us the 4 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review GBU vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back