Review GBU vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Good
Poholke played his best game.
Milera decent first half, nothing in the second.
Doedee's chase was nice.
2nd quarter.
Talia alright? Hartigan took some intercept marks? Me grasping at straws?

Bad
Tex shouldn't have been back in the side.
Eddie's kicking.
CEY and Greenie have fallen off badly- only 25 touches between them. Possibly just the season taking it's toll, given they've borne a bigger burden with the injuries, and CEY coming off his ACL?
Gibson backed up last week's least effective 25 possession game ever with a completely worthless 23-possession game today.
Mackay getting bowled over.
Ratkins did nothing.
Jacobs.
Kelly.

Ugly
More injuries.
Mrouch's kicking.
That turnover from Brown.
Umpiring?
This season.
All those goddamn over the back goals.

I guarantee you, iron clad, that Wilson is not up to it either. McPherson is 2 games back from an LTI in his first year.

I agree now that CEY and Greenwood are not the answer. Maybe one of them, but not both. It doesn’t look like Matt Crouch can play well with these two either, although it may simply be that Matt is horribly out of form.

That first over the back goal looked like a set play to run off CEY and dart to the goal square. We have seen a ridiculous amount of over the back goals against us in the last month. It makes sense that an opponent would target our lack of pace this way.

CEY and Greenwood have to remain until we get players back though. Best of a bad set of options.

Greenwood puts in effort, CEY doesn't. CEY looks better when on his game than Greenwood but as soon as the going gets tough, CEY gets going.

Our midfield mix is just completely wrong, watching from up high today we just got killed on the spread. CEY, Greenwood, Crouch, Douglas, once the ball leaves the stoppage they're useless, the amount of times they were jogging 20m behind their opponent was laughable. Sloane is prob our only mid who runs as hard defensively as he does forward. Our backs must be furious with them, as they look like the ones all out of position when in fact the Midfield have sold them up the ****ing river without a paddle in sight.

We might be 10th on the ladder.... but make no mistake....the Crows are one of the worst clubs in the AFL.
Poorly managed, poorly coached....poor selections... and a bunch of 19 year old Freo players have more heart.
Lynch and Sloan are GONE....and rightly so.
Where was Wilson, the Gooch, Otten....Jacobs is cooked.....and Atkins and Mackay are an insult to footballers.
That was a game for the taking....but the Crows are just not man enough to take it.
Their attack on the ball reflects the heart of the whole club....limp and impotent.
This club has ZERO identity....just a franchise club like GC.
Players and Management taking the cash....and going through the motions....That is the AFC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We might be 10th on the ladder.... but make no mistake....the Crows are one of the worst clubs in the AFL.
Poorly managed, poorly coached....poor selections... and a bunch of 19 year old Freo players have more heart.
Lynch and Sloan are GONE....and rightly so.
Where was Wilson, the Gooch, Otten....Jacobs is cooked.....and Atkins and Mackay are an insult to footballers.
That was a game for the taking....but the Crows are just not man enough to take it.
Their attack on the ball reflects the heart of the whole club....limp and impotent.
This club has ZERO identity....just a franchise club like GC.
Players and Management taking the cash....and going through the motions....That is the AFC

Look. We were bad. But that's a bit of an overreaction.

We lost to Freo without Sandi and Fyfe, thats something only a bottom 4 team is capable of.

Hope some people understand why I and other supporters constantly call the club pathetic. There's just too much wrong with this club and its all obvious stuff too. Reminds me of my old local corrupt tennis club which was ruined by newly elected coordinatior and the board consisted of half her family. Everyones best interests are in keeping their job. Trigg and Chapman surviving Tippettgate just says it all really.

Injuries have exposed our recruitment and coaching departments. Beaten by a team of spuds. I know a club when i see it that is on the same page and trying their guts out and we are far from it. Something smells down at west lakes.

Look. We were bad. But that's a bit of an overreaction.
We won’t win another game till Brisbane....if....we are lucky.
I’ll give you a few weeks to catch up....it’s impressive that a club can play in a GF one year....and destroy the fabric of the club the next.
No mean feat. Enjoy the car crash.... cause that IS what we are seeing. Mostly it’s self inflicted too. Weak, weak,weak.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review GBU vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back