GBU vs Gws

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS were missing Greene, Scully, Williams, Deledio, de Boer. They’ve been ravaged by injury too.

Who of them are actually important in a structural sense? Scully, and maybe Willams sure, but Greene is a small forward, Deledio hasn't been fit for more then 5 minutes since making the switch to Sydney and De Boer is an absolute potato.

Mackay and Atkins. Jeez, what can I say? Mackay's an enigma to me --- skinnier than Tyson Edwards who started at H-back for West Adelaide but not nearly as talented. Gets rag-dolled, fumbles under pressure, only shows AFL skills when in the clear then nearly always butchers the ball. His kicking to opposition is infuriating, rarely hits a leading forward, well, from our team ;).
Atkins (*sigh*) --- like Mackay, shines when the going is good, when our midfield is on top and then gets plenty of outside ball. His left-foot is laser-like on occasion, lets him down equally when it fizzles like USA's early space launches. His aversion to physicality is forehead-slappingly poor, weak tackler. Inconsistent, exasperating.
I was a Dmac and Atkins supporter, but they've lost me.

That is not Mackay at all. Mackay hasn't shined since 2009, but for some reason we magically think he's a good player.

I come back to that quote I'm about to paraphrase from Roo "we see Mackay as a way to replace Smiths creativity at half back". He's nothing more than a cancer at this club seeing how deluded we are about him.

Who of them are actually important in a structural sense? Scully, and maybe Willams sure, but Greene is a small forward, Deledio hasn't been fit for more then 5 minutes since making the switch to Sydney and De Boer is an absolute potato.
Greene is the best small forward in the game. Huge loss. Downplaying his importance is crazy. Deledio was playing great footy earlier this year, and de Boer actually has been very important, he provides the defensive pressure they lack.

That's the highlight of the game for me.

Murph, full pace, left foot round the body snap from outside 50, sails through. Amazing kick, most could not do it. He made it look easy.

I liked Murph, but now I'm much more bullish about his future than before.

Not a fluke either, he’s done it under pressure at least twice I’ve seen.

Greene is the best small forward in the game. Huge loss. Downplaying his importance is crazy. Deledio was playing great footy earlier this year, and de Boer actually has been very important, he provides the defensive pressure they lack.
fair point but Langdon prob wouldn't have got a game with a fully fit side though and he smashed us.

You’re massively underrating Greene. Massively.

Would comfortably be in the best 1-10 players in every side in the competition.

Right here it is.......

Greenwood - As I said earlier, typical Greenwood. Brilliant and balanced on the inside, almost a liability outside. Not his fault, and its not his game though he needs to develop something else and im confident he will. Needed to kick that goal in the last quarter

Jenkins - Is copping heat, somewhat unfairly IMO. Didnt have the best game but with the delivery he and his fellow forwards received, it was always going to be tough. Looks to be hobbling a bit too.

Crouch - Plenty of the pill, plenty of rust.... very little fitness. Hes nowhere near his best. Not sure our midfield mix is helping him either.

Gibbs - Anonymous first half, amazing 2nd half. He needed it a quarter, a week earlier but he was immense late on. Glory be a midfielder on the move at a stoppage.

Kelly - Battling Mackay for the single worst Crows performance in the last 5 year..... diabolical.

Seedsman - Opposite of Gibbs. He kept us around the mark in the first half and his kicking is a thing of beauty.

Talia - I know why we shifted him to Patton, but it left Cameron to pretty much win the game on Hartigan. Reckon he would be blasting the midfield on a regular basis.

Mackay - Dont even get me started, I just dont wanna talk about it.

Hartigan - Ordinary again, are we going to be forced to pick Otten because of his ineptitude.

Brown - Looked to attack more, but allowed Langdon and at times Griffen to get a hold of him. Solid if unspectacular

Betts - I know you love this round, I know you want to thrill the crowds...... but you have teammates, use them or protect them.

Gibson - Another guy copping heat, and I get it, but weve ruined his biggest asset to us which is run and spread. Hes doing as well as you could expect depth to do.

Atkins - Love him with the ball, liability without it. His complete and total unwillingness to lay body contact is infuriating. His arrogance has gone too

Sauce - Better than last week, wait no, no he wasnt. The 2 elderly women next to me thought he was fantastic.... that says it all. Time to sit a few weeks Sam.

Douglas - With Seedsman, kept us in it early and was having a good day until forced off late. Bit of a momentum killer.

Lynch - Before he was injured he was nowhere.

CEY - I wasnt confident he would keep that early season level, I was right. Mind you, coming off an ACL he is probably out of gas too. Just doesnt appear able to work defensively.

Laird - Give him the Gold Jacket and the MB Medal, give him his 2nd AA. Maybe, just maybe, give him more midfield time.

Milera - Must of dropped his head when he learned he'd be starting forward, looked so much better after being moved back where he belongs

Fogarty - More glimpses, couple of standout moments but he will kick himself for that dropped mark. Yes the kick was slightly off, but he normally swallows those. Like Jenkins, the delivery he had to deal with made it difficult.

Doedee - More strapping than an Egyptian mummy, he must be reaching for the bye. Isnt doing much wrong, just looks flat.

Murphy - Works hard, chases and tackles, and when he gets some space around goal he doesnt miss..... but I cant help but feel forward pocket isnt his go and he would be best served somewhere else.

Couldn’t have said it better even in my head. :thumbsu:

I come back to that quote I'm about to paraphrase from Roo "we see Mackay as a way to replace Smiths creativity at half back". He's nothing more than a cancer at this club seeing how deluded we are about him.
Explain to me how 4 coaches now have continued to play him despite his glaring weaknesses? I don't get it. Is his dad a board member. Is he such an important player to our structure that the rest of us don't see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*cough* jake kelly *cough*

kind of like how gray kicked all those goals in the 3rd quarter of the showdown, im sure there are other opponents.
Last year I thought Kelly's amazing form was one of the great stories of the year. But this year he's been down for awhile. You can't drop everyone.

Right here it is.......

Greenwood - As I said earlier, typical Greenwood. Brilliant and balanced on the inside, almost a liability outside. Not his fault, and its not his game though he needs to develop something else and im confident he will. Needed to kick that goal in the last quarter

Jenkins - Is copping heat, somewhat unfairly IMO. Didnt have the best game but with the delivery he and his fellow forwards received, it was always going to be tough. Looks to be hobbling a bit too.

Crouch - Plenty of the pill, plenty of rust.... very little fitness. Hes nowhere near his best. Not sure our midfield mix is helping him either.

Gibbs - Anonymous first half, amazing 2nd half. He needed it a quarter, a week earlier but he was immense late on. Glory be a midfielder on the move at a stoppage.

Kelly - Battling Mackay for the single worst Crows performance in the last 5 year..... diabolical.

Seedsman - Opposite of Gibbs. He kept us around the mark in the first half and his kicking is a thing of beauty.

Talia - I know why we shifted him to Patton, but it left Cameron to pretty much win the game on Hartigan. Reckon he would be blasting the midfield on a regular basis.

Mackay - Dont even get me started, I just dont wanna talk about it.

Hartigan - Ordinary again, are we going to be forced to pick Otten because of his ineptitude.

Brown - Looked to attack more, but allowed Langdon and at times Griffen to get a hold of him. Solid if unspectacular

Betts - I know you love this round, I know you want to thrill the crowds...... but you have teammates, use them or protect them.

Gibson - Another guy copping heat, and I get it, but weve ruined his biggest asset to us which is run and spread. Hes doing as well as you could expect depth to do.

Atkins - Love him with the ball, liability without it. His complete and total unwillingness to lay body contact is infuriating. His arrogance has gone too

Sauce - Better than last week, wait no, no he wasnt. The 2 elderly women next to me thought he was fantastic.... that says it all. Time to sit a few weeks Sam.

Douglas - With Seedsman, kept us in it early and was having a good day until forced off late. Bit of a momentum killer.

Lynch - Before he was injured he was nowhere.

CEY - I wasnt confident he would keep that early season level, I was right. Mind you, coming off an ACL he is probably out of gas too. Just doesnt appear able to work defensively.

Laird - Give him the Gold Jacket and the MB Medal, give him his 2nd AA. Maybe, just maybe, give him more midfield time.

Milera - Must of dropped his head when he learned he'd be starting forward, looked so much better after being moved back where he belongs

Fogarty - More glimpses, couple of standout moments but he will kick himself for that dropped mark. Yes the kick was slightly off, but he normally swallows those. Like Jenkins, the delivery he had to deal with made it difficult.

Doedee - More strapping than an Egyptian mummy, he must be reaching for the bye. Isnt doing much wrong, just looks flat.

Murphy - Works hard, chases and tackles, and when he gets some space around goal he doesnt miss..... but I cant help but feel forward pocket isnt his go and he would be best served somewhere else.
Milera to Half Back, Mackay to Left Right Out and Murphy to Half Forward.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last year I thought Kelly's amazing form was one of the great stories of the year. But this year he's been down for awhile. You can't drop everyone.
the two guys costing us the most at the moment IMO are kelly and jacobs. Atkins, mackay & gibson are average however they don't cost us as often as those two do.

If we did drop Mackay it would be only temporary.

*don't worry mate we need a scapegoat to keep the supporters happy . we will get you back in within a f9rtnight.*
Actually we don't even do that.

the two guys costing us the most at the moment IMO are kelly and jacobs. Atkins, mackay & gibson are average however they don't cost us as often as those two do.
Kelly is costing us 5 or 6 goals per game. Hartigan is only marginally better at present.

Explain to me how 4 coaches now have continued to play him despite his glaring weaknesses? I don't get it. Is his dad a board member. Is he such an important player to our structure that the rest of us don't see.
One thing Mackay always provides is effort. He always tries. Coaches love that.

He is also.good at washing cars and running errands.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This is what I dont get. OK sure he can be one coach's favourite, maybe even 2....... but all 4 !!!

In all seriousness you could see why Craigy loved him. Straight laced, super fit, professional and when he was a kid, he actually played some promising footy for us. But the rest...... NFI

You don't think leadership is important?

Of course but they are all being big money to perform. They shouldn’t have to take the lead of a stand in captain as the queue to play well. It was a good opportunity for others to show leadership and given Lynch is out, become the next stand in captain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we did drop Mackay it would be only temporary.

*don't worry mate we need a scapegoat to keep the supporters happy . we will get you back in within a f9rtnight.*
Actually we don't even do that.

Nah we will drop him on Thursday and then he will front up and play on the Saturday (after a late withdrawal). That will teach him!

Virtually everyone I talk to including my 74 year old mum recon he’s shit. It’s baffling.

Remove this Banner Ad

GBU vs Gws

Remove this Banner Ad

Back