Gc17 have a ruckman!

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, the OP was a little presumptious to start talking about picks for Hampson a couple of years away from GC entering, but some of the responses have been very poor and frankly against the rules of the board. We try to be more accommodating amongst ourselves folks but fair dinkum, talk about an overreaction.

It is common knowledge that teams were signing players to get over the 2010 hump. Yes, we know that Hampson's family moved down here but let's face it, they are Brisbane people, Daisy Hill in fact, just around the corner. It's a nice, state forest bordered area with wildlife and lovely views, in the Sth East corridor. It is not inconceivable that they could seek a return at some point. If people never left Melbourne, Queensland wouldn't have half it's population. ;)

I digress ....

We have 3 youngsters who could potentially command number 1 ruck status. If Kreuzer does not make it as a CHF, he will make it as a ruckman. If this occurs we will not be playing Kreuzer, Hampson and Warnock in the same side. Something will have to give. Teams since the dawn of time have lost ruckman who are looking for more opportunity, we will be no different once we have an embarrassment of riches.

So the idea of Hampson going to the Gold Coast eventually is not a silly one, it's just a little premature right now. It doesn't speculate that Hampson will be no good, just that he hasn't done very much just yet. Exactly the same stance most were taking in regards to Warnock to justify only offering #24.

Let's not let hypocrisy cloud the issue. The OP might not always come up with gems but on this occasion it is pretty harmless IMO.

Finally HBF comes in with some common sense (as usual). Why are so many people so fearful of losing players while expecting other clubs to lose players to us? We can actually gain from trading players excess to our needs. Trades can go both ways you know.

I think some of the comments are disgraceful. Our supporters should be able to start a thread and have their opinion treated with respect.

I actually think with a strong preseason Hampson is ready to explode past everyone and earlier than Ratten thinks. But I digress...

You can't go past the fact that there are 16 nearly 17 spots at clubs for number one ruckmen and most players believing that they are in the top 16 but behind someone else at their club, think about opportunities elsewhere. This has been happening forever. If Sandilands wasn't there, Warnock would probably be a lot less homesick. Without Cox, Seaby would want to stay etc

If we have 3 ruckmen who believe they are in or heading into the top 16 in the comp, there is NO WAY will will be able to keep them all. So what is so silly about this thread??????

Regards to all and try to be nicer!:)

Now that we snared Warnock, I have no doubt we will trade Hampson to the Gold Coast for an early draft pick. As we signed him up for 3 years we will hold the upper hand as I have no doubt they will target a home grown giant.

What pick could we expect?

I have no doubt that you are being a muppet again DBLUES...

We will not be giving up Hammer any time soon

Finally HBF comes in with some common sense (as usual).

Ahh, that's how HBF has built his reputation ... by taking credit for my work! :mad:;)

All this depends on Hampson becoming a good player, if he doesn't develop then he's no good to us or no good trade value.

If he starts developing then we can then decide whether he is too valuable to trade or if GC offer pick 1,2, or 3 their may be a potential Pavlich,Riewoldt type waiting to be drafted.

Look, I haven't got a problem with discussing Hampson, his potential, his performances thus far or his future.

But I do have a problem with someone coming on and basically putting the bloke up for trade with the only reason being we recruited Warnock. Especially when the kid has been here 2 seasons and Gold Coast is 3 years away.

Maybe if the thread was titled "what does the future now hold for Hampson" it would've been better but for now he is still a Carlton player. Discuss him by all means but trying to effectively write off a kid leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

But each to their own I guess.

Now that we snared Warnock, I have no doubt we will trade Hampson to the Gold Coast for an early draft pick. As we signed him up for 3 years we will hold the upper hand as I have no doubt they will target a home grown giant.

What pick could we expect?
Why,Warnock ain't done nothing really in AFL,it's a wait and see result if he becomes the Ruckmen we hope.We shouldn't go crazy yet,that his going to be the best ruckmen next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You will find that Hampson and Warnock will be changing in the ruck. Cloke, Kruezer will play in the forward line with them pinch hitting in the ruck for variety.

Dependant upon improvement Harlett and Edwards may fight with Cloke for a third fwd line position. The fwd line with fevola, fisher, betts, cloke, kruezer, russell and co should be a lot better. Fisher needs to learn how to kick and betts needs to stay on the ground and he and fisher could kick 30 - 50 goals each easily and add cloke / kruzer doing the same we have a good fwd line with options.

I doubt you will be trading Hampson.
If he got his body right and wasnt so injury prone he would probably be a better ruckman than Warnock believe it or not.

Exactly right! On what basis do people assume that Warnock will be so much better than Hampson?!?!?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Gc17 have a ruckman!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back