Autopsy Geelong defeated by Tigers by 31 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dangerfield is overrated as a forward imo. It robs us for too much in the middle for not enough return on investment. If you look up his stats, the years where he has played a high percentage of games in the F50 have actually been worse from a goalkicking perspective than the years when he has spent the majority of games in the middle. When he kicked 45 in 2017 nearly all of those were as a mid.

Think we wasted him up forward tonight.
In hind site yes. The 3rd quarter we really needed him on the ball but was no where to be seen.
I still think it was the right call to start him forward.

yep. High pressure game and he had 5 possessions at 40% efficiency. And if he didn’t always sh*t the bed in big games you’d forgive it. But he does. You could set your clock to Rohan shitting the bed in a big game. fu** him off and play Krueger please
Can't believe Blicavs shit the bed too.

Yet it was our best player who couldn't rise to the occasion. Yes stats don't tell the whole story, but even when thrown back into the fire he wasn't what he should've been.

It is what it is

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Our best player shouldn't have been sitting at FF all night. Disgraceful coaching especially when the tide was turning in the third. Woefully managed tonight. No point him being forward if the ball isn't getting there.

With shortened quarters 31 points is a flogging. We got destroyed after half time. It wasn't a contest.

Yeah but they got some late bullshit goals due to us having to take do or die risks. Lynch, Reiwoldt only got involved when it was all over and they got goals in the way turnover.

I think the problem is too much relies on Hawkins he has the ability to score goals but not enough ability to do it solo. Something says that having that second big forward option is really going to be helpful with attacking.
And Hawkins doesn't jump for pack marks. Which means Rohan and/or Dangerfield have to, and they're not big enough to outmark key defenders regularly.

The guys who are 15-22 failed us again mostly. Too many passengers. Too many of these guys have one gear.
This is a very weird take given how ordinary Hawkins, Danger and Blicavs were.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said it in the game day thread but I'll say it again here. This was never going to end well after they said on the grand final brunch that Geelong had a venue booked for a party from midnight to 7am tonight. I mean really that is just arrogance

A venue that would have been booked by the admin staff regardless of if we won or lost.
Massively clutching at straws if you think that has any bearing on what happened or there tonight

TO be fair our forwards got absolute shit delivery.. Our mids dropped off terribly at the end of the 2nd and never got it back - we were dominating clearances and getting the ball forward quickly. Something changed and from that point on we couldn't buy a clean possession - no matter where you looked there was a flood of Richmond rats hunting and running around. Worst still when Richmond got the ball they managed to create a contest and get the ball to ground for the rats to collect and feed it out. Contrast to our movement from back 50 we bombed it down the line and couldn't even make it a contest - we lost nearly every 1vs1... Either we ran out of legs or Hardwick out coached Scott to death - Hardwick mentioned changes to the plan at half time - whatever that was it worked. We couldn't get close even after they lost one of their best defenders for the whole game.. Not good enough

The guys who are 15-22 failed us again mostly. Too many passengers. Too many of these guys have one gear.

Keep making excuses, its all irrelevant, we exist to win premierships not lose Grand Finals.

A failure and nothing short of it. Shows why we need to stock up on old guys.

What a load - it was the 1-6 guys, minus Selwood, who threw it in

Nightmare of last year's final 2nd half fade.
Thought they had it won at half time...
so stopped doing all the the things that got them in front.
When Tigers lifted the usual suspects deviated from the game plan.
We eased our intensity and lost momentum.

I'm totally gutted... we lit it slip
Richmond were too good and took their opportunity
It hurts but the Cats will learn and improve next year.

I'm disappointed for Gazza and Harry going out this way.
I will keep their memories forever.
But *will* they learn & improve? Been repeating the same finals failings every f’in year

Everything comes down to how the Cats interpret and what they do about this loss. Scott needs to get a new strategist or something to turn it around. This loss reminds me of many others. But again there is a lack of confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back