Review Geelong defeats Hawks by 5 points

Remove this Banner Ad

HENRY
CLARK
TOMMA
HENRY
CLARK
GOAL

That was all kinds of ****ing impressive.

GO Catters

Credit to Clarkson today. He wasn’t going to let us chip our way up the ground and had 18 behind the ball a lot of the time. The game will change as other sides aren’t willing to park the bus like that.
I think he was prepared to let us chip it forward - to about halfway.

I would love to know what Geelong did to hurt BT so much that he just sh*t cans is every Geelong game he “commentates”
Add to his bias, why is Ling his sycophant?
🤬

We look cooked. How can we be that unfit before even half way through the 3rd? Of a 10 day break no less. Don’t give me the limited pre-season bullshit cause it was long enough, and it’s not like the players get super unfit after 6 weeks off. It was only what, 4 months ago we were playing in the gf?
Even a small difference in fitness levels have huge impacts. It's 100% the shorter preseason. That's not to say they'll all become Olympians but it's pretty obviously the work they weren't able to do

Yeah was boring for much of it. But it was worth watching for that Henry Clark goal.
What a goal that was.
Well done to Guthrie. Elite mid.
Oconnor too.
Can a team effort like that win goal of the year or is that more for individual efforts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t ever remember being so flat after a win. Very few positives to take out of that performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you miss the shot of Kennet asking how many seconds were left and then visibly deflating?

I said it preseason.
Apparently because we kicked the most points per game last year, our style of game is perfectly fine. No issues whatsoever.

Fact is, we play a pathetically tedious style of game.
It would sh*t Hawkins right off seeing all these power forwards booting bags of goals and here he is, having to dart one way, dart the other only to watch the ball go sideways before he finally contends with one on two.

Not entirely sure J. Cameron is looking forward to his debut. Huge change up needs to take place at seasons end. Under this current coaching staff, it will never change.

I think it was fine for the most part last year. Don't think gameplan was the failing in the GF (but that's a separate conversation).

What's more important is that 2020 is behind us. 2021 is showing that faster ball movement is necessary, and we ain't doing much of that just yet.

But as I said, it might be a deliberate way to buy us time to get fitness back. I'm not going too hard with the criticism for another 2-3 weeks, but if this is what we serve up against the Roos (win or lose... shudder at the thought), I'd say we're not getting close to it this year.

100 percent agree. I can see why the match committee don’t have in him. It’s a shame he isn’t quicker as he can find the ball. Would of been great 20 years ago
I do feel like he is contributing to the issues late in games getting run over. It forces the other midfielders to have to compensate and defend constables man defensively from stoppages.. when they tire this is a difficult thing for them to do like the fourth quarter today.

Ling’s shifted so far the other way to not seem bias he should just steer clear of geelong games these days. Brings nothing to the commentary
Ling is like the Constable of Ch7. On the fringes and on thin ice.
Just saying what he has to say to hopefully not get delisted and pay off that 3rd mortgage.

Only if you don’t look for them , Guthrie played well , Duncan good comeback , good debut by Holmes ect

Holmes’ debut was definitely promising. Agreed that Guthrie and Duncan performed well. I stand by my statement that there were very few positives.

How do you think the TEAM performed? Are you happy with our ball movement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong defeats Hawks by 5 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back