Review Geelong defeats Lions by 85 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Yesterday, we looked a class above the Lions. (Makes you wonder how they beat Essendon?)
Many maligned players turned it on- Blicavs, Motlop, Murdoch, even Parsons has some knockers.
Duncan has been great support to Dangerwood this year.
Smith and Stanley seems to be working. Again. Maybe horses for courses.
Cam Guthrie will be better next week, always has a role against Hawks.
Zac Guthrie needs a lot more VFL time.
Buzza is promising, but will probably be replaced by Menzel.
Blicavs has again hit form, and could be a real weapon over the next 10 weeks

Round 16 vs Brisbane Centre Bounce Combinations

Q1:

20.00 - Smith, Dangerfield, J.Selwood, Duncan
15.59 - Stanley, Dangerfield, Duncan, Menegola
14.16 - Stanley, J.Selwood, Duncan, Menegola
13.07 - Stanley, Dangerfield, J.Selwood, Menegola
10.35 - Smith, Dangerfield, J.Selwood, Menegola
9.43 - Smith, Dangerfield, J.Selwood, Duncan
8.20 - Smith, Dangerfield, J.Selwood, Duncan
5.06 - Stanley, Dangerfield, Blicavs, Motlop
2.27 - Stanley, Duncan, Blicavs, Guthrie

Q2:

20.00 - Smith, Dangerfield, J.Selwood, Duncan
16.29 - Smith, Dangerfield, J.Selwood, Menegola
14.37 - Stanley, J.Selwood, Duncan, Menegola
13.05 - Stanley, J.Selwood, Duncan, Menegola
12.20 - Smith, Dangerfield, Duncan, Menegola
10.41 - Smith, Dangerfield, Duncan, Menegola
8.24 - Smith, J.Selwood, Blicavs, Menegola
8.07 - Smith, J.Selwood, Blicavs, Menegola
7.03 - Smith, J.Selwood, Duncan, Blicavs
6.09 - Smith, J.Selwood, Duncan, Blicavs
4.54 - Smith, J.Selwood, Duncan, Blicavs
4.29 - Stanley, J.Selwood, Duncan, Blicavs
2.15 - Stanley, J.Selwood, Duncan, Blicavs
0.53 - Stanley, Dangerfield, Duncan, Blicavs

Q3:

20.00 - Smith, Dangerfield, J.Selwood, Menegola
18.19 - Smith, Dangerfield, J.Selwood, Menegola
17.17 - Smith, Dangerfield, Duncan, Menegola
15.26 - Stanley, Dangerfield, J.Selwood, Duncan
13.59 - Stanley, J.Selwood, Duncan, Guthrie
12.21 - Stanley, J.Selwood, Duncan, Guthrie
9.49 - Smith, Dangerfield, J.Selwood, Duncan
8.37 - Smith, Dangerfield, J.Selwood, Guthrie
6.24 - Smith, Dangerfield, Blicavs, Guthrie
4.05 - Stanley, J.Selwood, Duncan, Blicavs
1.16 - Stanley, J.Selwood, Duncan, Blicavs

Q4:

20.00 - Stanley, Dangerfield, J.Selwood, Duncan
13.42 - Smith, J.Selwood, Duncan, Menegola
6.49 - Smith, Dangerfield, J.Selwood, Guthrie
6.28 - Smith, Dangerfield, J.Selwood, Guthrie
0.47 - Smith, J.Selwood, Blicavs, Menegola

Centre Bounce Attendences:

Smith: 23/39
Stanley: 16/39

J.Selwood: 31/39
Duncan: 26/39
Dangerfield: 22/39
Menegola: 16/39
Blicavs: 14/39
Guthrie: 7/39
Motlop: 1/39

Woah hold on a minute there. You are not supposed to bring up facts that refute my argument.

But you make a fair point. Perhaps that stat can change this year, and next with GAS on board.

It's wide open this year and we are a chance. One thing in our favour is that Scott is coaching better, and he had better cos he needs to come up with an MCG plan or we might struggle again.
Gary ablett senior is coming back? Awesome. I thought we were just looking at GAJ

Hahaha this match report just proves the running joke Re Zorko that everyone was banging on about
Zorko has been my skipper in SC for a couple of years. When you watch him closely you can see a huge talent carrying that team each week. I gush over him too.

Yesterday he came out of the blocks with intent while Danger was just gathering his thoughts. When it counted (first Q) Zorko was better.

I enjoyed the banter on here too, because the knobs who commentate ARE embarrassing. But don' t dismiss Zorkos huge talent. He has about 2 in front of him in Brownlow. IMO

We all know Duncan is having an exceptional season, but in the last 4 weeks with Joel either missing or very limited he's gone to another level. 31.5 disposals, 14.25 of them contested and 7.5 clearances. I wonder when or even if he'll start to receive the external recognition he deserves. He's obviously very happy with life at the moment, which is great.

Also Blitz has been very good since I lost faith in him after the Essendon match... Sorry Mark.

Zorko has been my skipper in SC for a couple of years. When you watch him closely you can see a huge talent carrying that team each week. I gush over him too.

Yesterday he came out of the blocks with intent while Danger was just gathering his thoughts. When it counted (first Q) Zorko was better.

I enjoyed the banter on here too, because the knobs who commentate ARE embarrassing. But don' t dismiss Zorkos huge talent. He has about 2 in front of him in Brownlow. IMO
Yeah he is a bloody gun. Cause no-one (including the AFL) could give a shit about Brissy he's hugely underrated.

Last night probably demonstrated the end of Harry starting forward. Which is good. There's enough there now to say Stanley, Buzza or even Black play fwd and leave Taylor in def where he looks sooo good.

Seems like the coaching or the tactics have been better in the last couple of weeks. Players like Murdoch and Blitz playing great footy in roles they are suited too is evidence of the team's structural importance.

Duncan best on ground. I just watched the replay after not knowing the scores.

He is definitely now an a-grader.

Dangerfield a close second.

Should they have won that? Siren sound's to tell the umpire that time is up. The game is not over until the umpire blows his whistle for time. Well, that's what the afl said after siren gate.
Game ends when the umpire hears the siren.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously that's a very fair point. I'm just saying that it's weird we get downplayed while the Tigers, saints, port and melbourne get talked up. Melbourn and the saints are being held up as asking potential WB of 2017.
The media has long been sick of Geelong. Wanted to move onto the next big thing as of 2010. We ruined that for them in 2011 and have been making it hard for them ever since.

Obviously that's a very fair point. I'm just saying that it's weird we get downplayed while the Tigers, saints, port and melbourne get talked up. Melbourn and the saints are being held up as asking potential WB of 2017.

Personally think it's great that we're barely rating a mention. To be fair, there's a bit of excitement for Dees and Saints fans given their teams are in the mix too.

We will be up for this....
Their midfield consists of Mitchell aaaaand.........Langford :$ and 2 of their best 3 forwards ( Gunston & Sicily ) spend most of their time down back these days

Hodge is fat, Burgoyne is nudging 50, and if things do get close, there's always Ishank Smith to choke it up at a crucial stage

Confident about this week
Cats by 30points
What a load of arrogant nonsense!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong defeats Lions by 85 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back