Autopsy Geelong loses to Lions by 44 points. - Rd 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions lost 21 of last 24 against us.

They were due and they got us in this one.

Every GFC player was in dumpster pretty much and they were all Pat Benatar after the PF last year and Rd 2 this year.

WE got 2-1 out of the top 4 teams in the last 3 weeks.

Ill take it and move on.

Melt if you need to but be nice about it.

And can we get the Joe Danaher Shooting star meme done please.

And whilst its a loss there will have to be some changes too - Higgins surely the worst of the worst.

GO Catters

Lions lost 21 of last 24 against us.

They were due and they got us in this one.

Every GFC player was in dumpster pretty much and they were all Pat Benatar after the PF last year and Rd 2 this year.

WE got 2-1 out of the top 4 teams in the last 3 weeks.

Ill take it and move on.

And whilst its a loss there will have to be some changes too - Higgins surely the worst of the worst.

GO Catters
Surely Esava has to go.....

Tonight’s game has reminded me of a game of pinball.

Hitting the ball all around the table, hitting bonuses, everything lighting up and going your way “last month” then the ball goes straight down the middle of the board and all you can do is watch and do nothing about it “tonight”

Worst game by us in ages. Can't remember when we had so many players getting mugged. Looked slow and under constant pressure all night. Totally pantsed. Forward line was particularly woeful, couldn't take a mark inside 50 to save ourselves. Need to bin this shocker and come out firing next week against the Bombers.

The dude who elbowed Blicavs in the jaw should get a few weeks. Daniher should get 2 weeks for doing his best acting performance. The team needs to have a good look at itself including the coaches - that game was the worst we have played in a while. No where near it since the bounce - didn't work hard enough to find space, terrible decisions, turnover central, no ruck, completely destroyed in clearances.. Just shit.

Incredibly lucky to get out of that with a 44 point loss. Could have been closer to 80 points.
Looked very very flat. Literally nothing flowed all night. It was a horror show.
one of the rare beltings we cop.
Brisbane’s pressure was amazing all night. That first half was the most over umpired half of football I think I’ve ever seen.

p.s Daniher must get done for staging.
One of the worst dives I’ve ever seen.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So marginally better than his 4 disposals & 8 hitouts versus Collingwood
Did you listen to the Cat attack Podcast? I like Benny highly but it's got me gobsmacked how he keeps backing in Esava! If we gave this amount of games to Wylie Buzza , Buzza could of been a good player

Just played a poor game. It happens and as spoilt brat geelong fans, who have only lost by margins like that on six occasions in scotts 250 games as coach, are very unfamiliar with it.

just were down.. not really much else to report.

back us 100% to beat Brisbane in a final, don’t think they are that good. Threw everything they had at us tonight when we played our worst, and for majority of the game it was break even after qtr time.

Won’t read much into this one, move on to next week. Nothing scary about Brisbane. Not as good as bulldogs or Melbourne

Will be out of top 4 by the end of the round most likely. Not much margin for error for the rest of the year.
Some obvious changes that our wins were glossing over so hopefully that loss will point them out

Shocking game. All bar Tuohy and maybe Henry had their colours lowered. Just couldn’t win contests, were undisciplined and unable to match the Lions’ intensity and effort. I don’t see it as a danger sign for the rest of our season, just a really, really bad game where all players were down.

Surely that’s the end of the Sav experiment for now? Stanley is clearly the better option, both in the ruck and resting forward. Higgins also has to make way for Narkle, Clark or Miers. The class he once had seems to have left him and he’s now fumbly and slow.

Can’t believe I actually watched all of that. It was very frustrating. Credit to the Lions who were excellent.

Autopsy Geelong loses to Lions by 44 points. - Rd 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Back