Autopsy Geelong loses to Lions by 44 points. - Rd 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Literally nothing went right all night.

Players were flat.

Stewart on Cameron was a terrible matchup, why waste the game’s best interceptor?

Guthrie got a heap of the ball but looked NQR.

Ratugolea smashed all night, simply cannot play next week.

Shocking delivery to the forwards all night.

Don’t think we’ll ever play another game where Hawk, Cameron and Rohan haven’t taken a single mark between them until halfway through Q4.

Daniher’s diving would have been comical if it didn’t show the standard of umpiring in this league.

On to next week.

Beaten by the better team on the night. I don’t think it will mean a lot if/when we meet them again. The cats were basically flat as a tack after a couple of massive games, but they actually competed after quarter time despite the “Murphy’s law” night.

Smith, Henry and Tuohy did ok.

What worries me is they just laid there and took it..

Well I guess you'd be flat after three tough games and travelling 2. Plus their one week off was in lockdown.

In 2019? Brisbane beat us in round 20 and celebrated like it was a grand final. They didn't win a game after that.

Neale unlucky, only time their midfielders got tackled all night and he got injured too.

If Guthrie's shoulder is not right send him in for surgery. He's been terrible since returning. He got the touches same way tom mitchell gets touches.

Feel sorry for the defenders, midfielders free in forward line, daisy cutters coming out of the centre bounce, and if you got a one on one umpire paid a bullshit free kick for farting on someone. I'd respect Brisbane forwards more if they stood up instead of flopping. Mccarthy the only one who doesn't.

Last edited:
Duncan's absence is massive in my opinion. He could almost be our most important player in terms of midfield structure. His gut running and exquisite disposal use are a loss.

It further hits hard as it looks as though Higgins has hit father time right in the face. He was recruited primarily because of his foot skills. Thankfully, we have Smith who is seriously close to leading the B&F at this stage of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can‘t win em all. Looked absolutely stuffed after brutal game last week and short turnaround. Was like a comedy routine half the night. Were barely going in that last quarter. Not good enough tonight but am not too fussed. Due for a loss. Regroup, go again. We will get them next time.

back us 100% to beat Brisbane in a final, don’t think they are that good. Threw everything they had at us tonight when we played our worst, and for majority of the game it was break even after qtr time.

Won’t read much into this one, move on to next week. Nothing scary about Brisbane. Not as good as bulldogs or Melbourne
You are delusional lol - that is not a performance you ignore my friend. We were lucky they couldn't kick straight or it would have been a 60+ point smashing

looking forward to Scotts interview
I'll save you the time 'ahh yer you know I don't want to say too much - need time to look at the game properly - don't want to react straight away'... 'Yer look I thought our guys were a bit off - its something we will need to look at' 'I'm not worried - we beat top two teams last 3 weeks'.. You are welcome lol

Did you listen to the Cat attack Podcast? I like Benny highly but it's got me gobsmacked how he keeps backing in Esava! If we gave this amount of games to Wylie Buzza , Buzza could of been a good player
I haven't had a chance, but I remember listening to krock earlier in the season - it was pre-match but following our VFL teams match against the academy kids where Ratugolea didn't play due to groin soreness

Benny was backing him in even then as being someone to get in sooner than later, meanwhile Kingy was saying to give him a good block of VFL games and don't even look at him until he back half of the season and that he's showed a continuous run of good form

I get that with Ratugolea a lot of the excitement is around the possibilities of what he might be, but how about looking at what he is at the moment. He's not exactly young - turns 23 next month & has 47 games under his belt; not suggesting that he's a finished product, but surely he needs a run in the VFL to see if there is the potential for further development because he's just so out of his depth in the seniors

Nothing much went right from early on. Would love to see Daniher cop a suspension for simulation.
Umpiring diabolical as we’ve come to expect. I kinda wish they’d make a rule change allowing throwing of the ball so there would be no contention.
The kick against Dahlhaus for contact below the knees is a terrible rule, as it’s written the free was correct but it’s against the spirit of the game. Over umpired crap.
Can only write tonight off as one of those games and move on, not many positives and come out next week and build.

As poor as I've seen us in a long time. I don't rate Brisbane ... That's how bad we were. Credit where it's due ... Brisbane wanted it more and came away with a much deserved win.

Two gripes though.

1. If Hawkins got the soft free kicks Daniher got he'd have 1,000 goals to his name.

2. If that was Hawkins and not McInerney that hit Blicavs in the face they'd have shown it 20 times, not once then ignore it.

Incredibly lucky to get out of that with a 44 point loss. Could have been closer to 80 points.
Looked very very flat. Literally nothing flowed all night. It was a horror show.
one of the rare beltings we cop.
Brisbane’s pressure was amazing all night. That first half was the most over umpired half of football I think I’ve ever seen.

Pretty much this.

Cats were really off tonight. Bears were up for it. How did we only lose by 44

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Geelong loses to Lions by 44 points. - Rd 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Back