Autopsy Geelong loses to PA in QF2 by about 6 goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to go to work for 14 hours on 3 hrs sleep so im starting this early.

MY body wont let me do this shit much longer. Too hard at this age lol.

WE lost.

Badly.

Like very badly.

MOC done for the year.

We didnt show up in a Final again - guess this is why we get double chances for whatever thats worth.

Smith, Parfitt, Close, Henry prob the best.

The rest were poor.

Feel bad for Tomma that the team could not perform as a unit for him - he deserved that at least.

Talk about the loss but dont play the man.
Trolling wont be tolerated.

GO Catters

I hate to say it..... Were not made to play finals.... id rather us fall out of the 8 for a couple of years than seeing us being pretenders in playing finals every year in gettour hopes ups...
It's good seeing us trust in kids threw the draft instead of trying to recruit for the now and been left disappointed every year...
Just my view anyway

Who knows, strange things can happen and we can magically still win the flag....

Just going to wait for the posts confidently declaring that despite us being a kick after the siren away from winning the minor premiership, we actually overachieved during the H&A and are really just lucky to be playing finals. Just as we have been the past 10 or so seasons. :$

We need to make changes now. I started typing this at quarter time. Could have used the same comments for the last 10 years or so. The trust and faith has gone.

GAME PLAN

• This starts with our silly game plan which is slow, boring, predictable, sideways and backward disposals. Does not stand up and is typically pathetic in the finals. Beats weak sides during the year, gets into the finals and then we get pumped. Image from another poster says it all:
  • Scott has a winning record of 37.5% in finals.
    Scott has a winning record of 71.6% in the regular season. (from another poster)

• 1630070171349.png
  • I remember Cook, who is very astute saying that the most important thing is that we make the finals every year. I beg to differ that perhaps it is best to build a team capable of winning premierships. Straight sets is becoming the norm.
  • 3 goals in 3 quarters. What chance have you got???????
  • out of the last 9 qualifying finals we have lost 8. There is a patten there
  • Chipping the ball, unable to handle pressure and composure as we are not skilled enough. The game plan is flawed in a pressure situation. It is clear to everybody except our coach. We are becoming a laughing stock of the league.
  • Incredible frustration and boring game plan.
  • Rewarding mediocrity
  • have 3 key forwards and can not play direct to give them a chance
  • Above the shoulders is a problem. Playing our younger inexperienced players would not help but they have to be given game time while we are in transition.
  • We choke in front of goal. Miss the shots we should get
  • If Scott does not change this game plan show him the door. I do not care how many games he has won or how man excuses he has. HE HAS BEEN THERE TOO LONG.

LIST CHANGES

• Too old, too slow, too unskilled, too soft, too mentally fragile
  • Reality is we need a fresh approach as there is lack of trust in this set-up
  • Drop the players that let us down in the finals every time
  • Wholesale list changes are required. Drop Rohan (disappears in big games), Dahl (cannot kick longer than 30 metres, 3-4 disposals per game), Henderson (slow and error ridden), Dangerfield (big game looser), Kolo (cannot keep his feet and to slow), Rohan (where are you?)

UPSIDE
  • Close, Henry,

FUTURE
  • Rebuild the side. Must rejuvenate the side as the players will have are on a downward spiral and will NOT win a premiership.
  • Coach changes needed to introduce a game style that wins premierships
  • Leadership changes.
  • Call Clarko now.
  • Play the younger players. Give them a go. Holmes, De Koning, Clark, Narkle, Stephens etc
  • Need key pack marking forward, outside run midfielder, inside monster midfielder, key backman…. Too many holes.

Last edited:
Honestly when Carter came out and slammed Geelong supporters for being selfish when we faced another finals failure after finishing on top, that was when we went back to 'close enough is good enough" Geelong and stopped being a successful Great club.
We'll bounce back next week and likely win, and paper over some more cracks.
Top down this club isn't setup to succeed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s just ****ing stupid, Scott can not remain as the Geelong coach. It’s the same thing every ****ing year. I don’t give a shit about H and A record, it doesn’t matter if you lose every year when it actually matters.

Maybe if we trade the youngsters Clark, Constable and Narkle, we can top up with some more 30+ year olds in 2022 and make another run at it?

Stat: Since 2012 in first finals, we are 1 win, 8 losses. The 1 win was against Hawthorn, where Isaac Smith missed a sitter after the siren to beat us.

Is there anyone who honestly thinks that is good enough?

I'm really sick of all this 'look how Geelong always finishes top 4' rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back