• J. Riewoldt

Votes: 44 22.9%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 57 29.7%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 57 29.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
I would be worried if you lose to the mediocre Dogs next week, a team I think Richmonf should beat by 3 or 4 goals

Carlton won't win the flag this year but I feel like we have turned the corner and finally about to deliver on the promise and expectations we have had for so long.

We finally are drafting and developing players from non first round/top ten picks (Durdin is a ripper) and picked up some very handy recruits from other clubs for bargain prices (Hewett, Lewis Young, Acres etc)
Sure, but again it's going to need to be set in stone before it's genuine. We all saw what happened last year.

Anyway, the point still stands. Even if Carlton have finally figured it out, the majority of clubs haven't. Richmond & Geelong have both the proven track record, and people in the right places to either not go down, or not go down for long.

It's not a popular take around here, as it's more important to be young and rubbish than old and competing, but it's the way it is.

I would be worried if you lose to the mediocre Dogs next week, a team I think Richmonf should beat by 3 or 4 goals

TBH I'm not worried if we lose, teams don't stay up for ever but yeah if we can't beat the Dogs at the G then we will struggle to make the 8.

Geelong v Richmond is just Jezza vs Liam Baker at this point hahahah

lets face it we're both washed

Hawkins is fat and slow and embarrassing to watch. Time to retire.
The All Australian selectors made a big mistake making him captain and I reckon they regret that now.
Sums up this whole feud in a nutshell. Couple of genuine posts with an underlying respect and poking fun about where both clubs are at....followed by this rubbish 🤣

Geelong definitely on the way down, but so is Richmond.

Sonsie and Gibcus are decent (Cumberland I am still not sure about) but other than that, not sure if many of your kids (on exposed AFL form) will make it, and you basically traded 2 decent national draft hauls for Taranto and Hopper.

Think Richmond are still good and talented enough to play finals this year, but a fair way off from the premier teams in the comp.

But I have been wrong before many times before so I am not totally writing the Tiges off, but it's hard to see you winning another flag in the Dusty and Dimma era.

Agree to some extent.

The Tigers have traded in a midfield for the next 5 years plus have enough young talent to have a decent team - if the young guys come on like they look so far. So early years but the Tigers may be able to transition to a good team fairly quickly.

But having said that the forward line looks in a lot of trouble.

So, actually trying to be serious :eek:, the tigers are on the edge of having a contending team going forward. But there is a lot to go right for that to happen. Replacing Cotch, Dusty, JR etc is a very hard thing to do. Replacing Lynch and the guys around his age is a huge problem in a few years.

I don't see the Cats in a similar boat - just not enough younger talent to replace what they are losing.

Anyway back to the p**ing contest

iu

Of course it was. You are Richmond.
You lot think Martin is an all round better footballer than Matthews and Carey.
"Leigh Matthews, officially recognised as the "best player of the 20th century", says Dustin Martin is the only footballer he isn't "insulted" to be compared to."

Sure, but again it's going to need to be set in stone before it's genuine. We all saw what happened last year.

Anyway, the point still stands. Even if Carlton have finally figured it out, the majority of clubs haven't. Richmond & Geelong have both the proven track record, and people in the right places to either not go down, or not go down for long.

It's not a popular take around here, as it's more important to be young and rubbish than old and competing, but it's the way it is.

Yep.

I expect the Tigers to have a good team for the next 5-8 years. If we can get the right players (one way or another) and get them to gel then we can contend.

The Cats have a larger hole to fill, and probably less young quality. But will fill that hole very quickly I expect. And they will develop their talent pretty well. Probably lots of cap space opening up too. I can't see the Cats gutting their list if they see their contending role as over. So they'll come back in a few years and get to the pointy end again. (Saying that the Cats are reigning premiers and could easily come hard the later the season goes)

Quality management is a HUGE factor. Both clubs are well run, and have a longer term view than most other teams. They are the 2 clubs most likely to have a go on older players and trade/FA the exact players they need, and not over pay. Keep the experience and base quality in the list and both clubs can rebuild fairly quickly from premiership teams getting too old to being contenders again.

Why is this shitfight even a thing?

Truly bizarre.
Tom Lynch kicked a goal, Steve Hocking working undercover for both Geelong and the AFL manipulated the ARC into declaring it a point, Geelong went on to the win the flag, arses were blasted. That's the long and short of it.

Tom Lynch kicked a goal, Steve Hocking working undercover for both Geelong and the AFL manipulated the ARC into declaring it a point, Geelong went on to the win the flag, arses were blasted. That's the long and short of it.
Ah, so basically tinfoil hat reasons then?

Trent Cotchin pushed the envelope when manning the mark in the 2020 GF, Geelong pushed the envelope from '07-'11 (resulting in big name Essendon getting stitched up), which one do you think Shocking had a problem with?
Why would he have any issue with Geelong in '07-'11? He worked for the club then.

Also, whose burner account is this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah, so basically tinfoil hat reasons then?
It's real, the AFL Boys' Club hate Richmond and will do anything to see them suffer. The offensive has been lead by Geelong CEO Steve Hocking and AFL 360 host and SEN radio commentator Gerard Whateley (who also happens to be a good Geelong man), and they've been pulling strings quietly behind the scenes to disrupt the Tigs. To think they would've gotten away with it scot-free if it weren't for the scrupulous bunch from Punt Road piecing together than tiny tidbits left behind by these troublesome muckrakers!

It's real, the AFL Boys' Club hate Richmond and will do anything to see them suffer. The offensive has been lead by Geelong CEO Steve Hocking and AFL 360 host and SEN radio commentator Gerard Whateley (who also happens to be a good Geelong man), and they've been pulling strings quietly behind the scenes to disrupt the Tigs. To think they would've gotten away with it scot-free if it weren't for the scrupulous bunch from Punt Road piecing together than tiny tidbits left behind by these troublesome muckrakers!
you nailed it

hang on , haven't I seen you in then Y&B cheer squad ?

Why is this shitfight even a thing?

Truly bizarre.
I've never understood it myself, but I'm one of those guys who doesn't really 'hate' any club.

From what I can gather, it's because Richmond were Geelong's bunnies for a long period of time, and then Geelong were Richmond's finals bunnies from '17-20.

Richmond finally felt vindicated that they were back where they wanted to be, and Geelong weren't used to any pushback from Richmond supporters, resulting in this pathetic **** measuring contest.

Really we should be acknowledging how successful both clubs have been in the AFL era, and find a mutual respect between the two clubs over that...but footy doesn't seem to work that way.

It's something so small and insignificant that it really shouldn't result in a half-decades worth of cringey fights on here, but when passionate footy fans are involved, logic tends to be thrown out the window.

Of course he wasn't expected to have a problem with his club pushing the envelope from '07-'11, but some people, and I'm one of those, don't believe Shocking should of endorsed one of the most pathetic looking rule changes in the history of world sport because Richmond beat Geelong in the 2020 decider, and all because in his opinion Cotchin pushed the envelope on the mark, which in turn was seen by Shocking as unsociable and resembling a handbag fight, which was not a good look for the game in Shocking's opinion.

This brings us to the AFL Rule Changes 2021, this is how it reads on the website,

"A new man on the mark rule has been introduced in order to speed up ball movement and cater to Geelong's special needs. The defending player won't be able to move laterally on the mark and will be forced to become a statue when the umpire calls him to 'stand'. Any infringement before 'play on' is called will result in a 50m penalty."
Nothing wrong with the rule.

How does this somehow only affect Richmond? Too shit to adapt to a minor rule change?

2020 will forever be tainted.
Half the competition couldn't give a sh*t just like most other sporting codes around the world. And I'd say the same thing if Geelong pinched that flag.
17 week season, 16 minute quarters lol, no wonder it'll be the last time in decades your mob win anything.
Speaking of Tainted(Not that 2020 will ever be).

Sums up this whole feud in a nutshell. Couple of genuine posts with an underlying respect and poking fun about where both clubs are at....followed by this rubbish 🤣

i know that a professional and corporate level Richmond and Geelong have a very amicable relationship and are probably two of better ran clubs in the AFL at the moment, don't know why this never extended to the fanbases 😂

No one.
He's done sweet f*ck all this year to warrant attention
(lol you are living in the past my friend), if anything, they need to focus on Bolton as he's the barometer of your team.

I reckon Dogs blew out the cobwebs last week after a pathetic start to the year.
Their midfield will dominate yours but their backline is simply atrocious and Lynch should have no issues slotting 5 goals.

Gonna be a close game.
LOL still more effective than Clangerfield Pfft Captain

Martin's been pretty piss poor in both matches he has played. Dangerfield like-wise. But remember, this is supposedly the GOAT we are talking about here so you would want a much better return than 19 touches and a goal per game.
Considering martins circumstances last 18 months its not surprising he will take time to get to any decent sort of normality
kidney laceration with extended time in hospital losing 15+kgs and only on fluids for extended period and virtually missing the entire 2021 pre season
contributing to him losing training base then combined with losing his father (whom he was very close to and not allowed into the country)

Yeah same circumstances to Clanger
Now hows the rest of the spuds at the cattery going

Considering martins circumstances last 18 months its not surprising he will take time to get to any decent sort of normality
kidney laceration with extended time in hospital losing 15+kgs and only on fluids for extended period and virtually missing the entire 2021 pre season
contributing to him losing training base then combined with losing his father (whom he was very close to and not allowed into the country)

Yeah same circumstances to Clanger
Now hows the rest of the spuds at the cattery going

Excuses as per usual by you.
Really is tiresome now. The bloke had a massive preseason. All we kept hearing was how he would retake the mantle of no.1 player in the game.
He's been well below par for over two years now.

Excuses as per usual by you.
Really is tiresome now. The bloke had a massive preseason. All we kept hearing was how he would retake the mantle of no.1 player in the game.
He's been well below par for over two years now.
Excuse is are tiresome when not true
I dont believe anything i posted about martin is not correct

But as usual when it doesnt suit or you have NFI its a very often used excuse by you
Go Hawks

Back