Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

There the ones who are obvious and then the ones that are that interesting. How many spots will we need. 3 draft picks. 2 elevations. 1 or 2 players brought in...
We may only have 1 live pick in the draft if we take Clohesy and Riccardi.

There the ones who are obvious and then the ones that are that interesting. How many spots will we need. 3 draft picks. 2 elevations. 1 or 2 players brought in...

Outs - Narkle, Higgins, Dahlhaus, Simpson - all delisted
Evans (trade), Selwood (retire)

Ins - Bruhn, Henry, McKenna, elevate Atkins, Close, draft 1 player

Rookie list 2

We may only have 1 live pick in the draft if we take Clohesy and Riccardi.

Is Riccardi a real chance?

Im all for giving him a chance..if he is fringe. To me if you stick your hand out for guns..you have to give chances to to the fringe as well. Good to keep past champs..on side as well.

Outs - Narkle, Higgins, Dahlhaus, Simpson - all delisted
Evans (trade), Selwood (retire)

Ins - Bruhn, Henry, McKenna, elevate Atkins, Close, draft 1 player

Rookie list 2
We'll rookie list Simpson. Too talented to give up on now he's playing VFL.

And I reckon if McKenna comes here there's at least one or two more that are moved on. My guess is Stevens delisted and Menegola chooses a nice big contract somewhere else for 2-3 years rather than struggle to make the team here and we do the right thing by him and get him where he wants to go.

Delistings will be interesting this year.
Agree. Any thoughts?

Higgins and Dal seem obvious. But other than that Not a huge amount out of contract other than experienced people who will get one year (smith 2e Hawke etc)

Seems like Frank has an option so would expect him to be delisted (but glad for him that he might get a shot).

Paul T might lose spot but as category B doesn’t help list spot much so maybe they give him one more year?

Left with Stevens simpson and who else? Maybe both of those get put on rookie list?

Delistings will be interesting this year.
This is the source I found:

OFF CONTRACT 2022
Luke Dahlhaus (unrestricted free agent), Francis Evans, Zach Guthrie, Tom Hawkins, Shaun Higgins (unrestricted free agent), Quinton Narkle, Gary Rohan, Joel Selwood (unrestricted free agent), Sam Simpson, Isaac Smith (unrestricted free agent), Nick Stevens, Paul Tsapatolis, Zach Tuohy, Zane Williams

My thoughts are:
Stevens, Tsapatolis, Williams, Simpson - Delisted
Dahlhaus & Higgins - Retirement
Evans & Narkle - Traded
Zuthrie, Hawkins, Rohan, Selwood, Smith, Tuohy - Re-signed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are the latest rumours on JDG?
Is he staying at the Pies or going to the Saints? I think last I read Pies placed a 800k per year deal for 4 year to the sum of $3.2m.

Also are we still in the hunt for him?

This is the source I found:

OFF CONTRACT 2022
Luke Dahlhaus (unrestricted free agent), Francis Evans, Zach Guthrie, Tom Hawkins, Shaun Higgins (unrestricted free agent), Quinton Narkle, Gary Rohan, Joel Selwood (unrestricted free agent), Sam Simpson, Isaac Smith (unrestricted free agent), Nick Stevens, Paul Tsapatolis, Zach Tuohy, Zane Williams

My thoughts are:
Stevens, Tsapatolis, Williams, Simpson - Delisted
Dahlhaus & Higgins - Retirement
Evans & Narkle - Traded
Zuthrie, Hawkins, Rohan, Selwood, Smith, Tuohy - Re-signed
Well this is a hard one.

Senior list
Out:
Dahlhaus Ret
Higgins Ret
Narkle Del
Evans Trade
Simpson Del/Re-Rookie

In:
Atkins Elevate
Close Elevate
Henry Trade
Bruhn Trade
Draft I'll say Clohesy as a place holder

Rookie list
Out:
Atkins
Close

In:
McKenna SSP
Simpson

Cat B:
Out:
None

In:
Riccardi

Not considered:
Tuohy moving to a warmer climate
Selwood calling it
Any early retirements
I haven't added a kpd. That feels like a mistake

What are the latest rumours on JDG?
Is he staying at the Pies or going to the Saints? I think last I read Pies placed a 800k per year deal for 4 year to the sum of $3.2m.

Also are we still in the hunt for him?

No, we've pulled out of the race for him as we decided not to risk it.

My guess is, he'll stay at the Pies.

It's a shame though, would liked to have got him.

Agree. Any thoughts?

Higgins and Dal seem obvious. But other than that Not a huge amount out of contract other than experienced people who will get one year (smith 2e Hawke etc)

Seems like Frank has an option so would expect him to be delisted (but glad for him that he might get a shot).

Paul T might lose spot but as category B doesn’t help list spot much so maybe they give him one more year?

Left with Stevens simpson and who else? Maybe both of those get put on rookie list?
Senior list
Out higgins dahl retire
Narkle delist
Sav trade, evans (port)
Simpson rookie list
Stevens see simpson

In bruhn henry atkins + close
Gives 3 draft picks (1 can be clohesy)

Rookie list becomes stevens simpson dempsey and mckenna via ssp

In saying all that i think sel retires if we win the flag

What position was Zane Williams playing in the VFL in the last 3 rounds? As he started to increase his possession count.

Also, I didn't know Ted Clohesy played a VFL game, 15 touches, 5 tackles and 1.1, that's okay. We must be interested in him.

What position was Zane Williams playing in the VFL in the last 3 rounds? As he started to increase his possession count.

Also, I didn't know Ted Clohesy played a VFL game, 15 touches, 5 tackles and 1.1, that's okay. We must be interested in him.

Zane got played off half back

Williams got moved to half back.

We cant match if clohesy is bid before p40 but after p40 id be happy to take him.

Can Someone explain to me why Clohesy is spoken about so much?

I see he is a local lad... But what's the deal... Is he an academy kid?

I haven't followed him at all so I know basically zilch about him.

Can Someone explain to me why Clohesy is spoken about so much?

I see he is a local lad... But what's the deal... Is he an academy kid?
He's eligible as a NGA selection.

My bet is the play Van Rooyen in the forwardline next year... but I wonder if the started with the idea the Gawn could play forward. He has found its a little harder this year.
Think the Dees might have been a bit bedazzled by Gawn's goalkicking form late last season (his 5 in the PF seriously was an out of the arse performance). But this year his goalkicking has regressed a bit, and he misses many shots he was slotting from 50-55m in his golden patch.

I would be very happy with Ollie Henry, and Bruhn as a young mid with a couple of years in the system could be a good pick-up too. Not too fussed with not having Hopper, he is coming off a knee, and sometimes we don't always get the best outcome picking players off injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back