Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

He's extremely coachable, highly dedicated. He's half way through his rehab and doesn't have an ounce of fat on him. He'll not only fit but drive the culture we have of players independently taking accountability for their own conditioning.

His form playing wing has been fairly ordinary, good involvements with bad kicking really. We wouldn't be playing him on the wing but his form and ACL injury, which I don't think are issues, will drive the trade cost down. Won't cost 2x firsts.

As for impacting the development of kids, our midfield is hanging on the work of two players right now, a 31 year old that needs to be moved back to the back half at some point and a 34 year old with maybe 30 games left at maximum. Both those guys go out and the kids in the middle get slaughtered. One 24 year old gun in there will give the kids both figurative and literal space to develop in.

Will Brodie can't do that, he doesn't have the tank, won't run defensively. He is the type of player that will do a bit here and there but ultimately won't grow with the group and won't speed up the kids development

LDU is a good shout but not this year. Would be a very good idea to show him some sweet free agency dollars next year.

There's not much in the market for midfielders this year. The money going up has made most happy to stay. But Bailey needs to get away from Bevo for his own career and we are a good fit for him, and he is a pretty good fit for us.

Then after all this he may choose Hawthorn
I am not sure I want Bailey smith driving our culture

This is trading and drafting thread - are we worried about losing any players coming out of contract? It seems like we have secured those we were concerned about coming out in 2024 but what about players with contracts finishing in 2025? Will we be as anxious for anyone as we were about Holmes?

Not really, we don't have much that is actually that valuable that a team would over pay to steal

wonder if we try to pass the 1st round pick to carlton for tdk if we miss out on smith. carlton may struggle to pay tdk and want to move him a year early before his contract is up.

play tdk at 1st ruck and move sdk back to defense.

Tdk wont leave this year wait until next year when hes FA.

Both out of contract aren't they? So both clubs leverage isn't as great. The only thing is north need key position players, smith will cost our first pick, as I said I think it could be a justin murphy signing can't see him embrwcing geelong life like jezza, hawk, Gazza selsy etc even brad Johnson and cooney like it

No ldu is not ooc til next year and as they will get band 1 FA compo next year they arent trading him this year.

Darcy Fogarty, RFA next year, get on the phone Mack

Smith this year, draft and Fogarty next year, hail mary at Reid in 2026.
I know I've been pretty adamant about the future first not going for smith but if either ldu or Fogarty flagged they'd accept an offer I'd consider it on the basis it prevents a match and we could draft someone this year instead.

Saw Jonty Faull went at 28 in twomeys phantom so that pick is going to present some options

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know I've been pretty adamant about the future first not going for smith but if either ldu or Fogarty flagged they'd accept an offer I'd consider it on the basis it prevents a match and we could draft someone this year instead.

Saw Jonty Faull went at 28 in twomeys phantom so that pick is going to present some options

If we gave our F1 for Fogarty I'd spew up (Terry Wallace style).

ok I re-read and now understand what you mean.

I'm not a huge fan of Fogarty... Not sure Fogs, Neale and Ollie Henry would be a great forward-line mix going forward.

We got Neale (who I also don't love) but I don't see a need for Fogs with Neale on the list.
I think they're very different. I'm not saying Fogarty is elite or anything but he's a very good contested mark. Brings something we don't have in the current young group.

I think they're very different. I'm not saying Fogarty is elite or anything but he's a very good contested mark. Brings something we don't have in the current young group.
I don't think we'd play Cameron, Neale, Henry + Fogs in the same forward line next year... But that's just my opinion and it doesn't matter.

High chance Fogarty stays at the Crows anyway.

ok I re-read and now understand what you mean.

I'm not a huge fan of Fogarty... Not sure Fogs, Neale and Ollie Henry would be a great forward-line mix going forward.

We got Neale (who I also don't love) but I don't see a need for Fogs with Neale on the list.
Neale & Fogarty aren't anything alike though.

Neale is your lead up forward who can pinch-hit in the ruck.

Fogarty is your contested marking forward, which is a style of player that we haven't had since Hawkins pre-back injury.

Not saying they are exactly the same type of player.

I'm saying I don't think we'd play them both in the same forward line with Jez and Henry.

I'd be happy with Fogs if we didn't have Neale... but we do.
Good fit or not he was very good that last quarter against Essendon just then. Just looked a huge threat

Good fit or not he was very good that last quarter against Essendon just then. Just looked a huge threat

I'd not be super keen.

I feel like we need to find a way to keep a high intensity of pressure post Rohan's retirement and Fogarty is a step in the wrong direction. Good player but I'm skeptical that a mix of Fogarty alongside Neale, Cameron, and Henry will get it done for us. He's also a local SA boy so I'd imagine hard to pry away. In terms of forwards I'd hope we look for an athletic KPF in the Cameron/Reiwoldt mold as a development prospect to supersede Cameron and a more immediate high-impact pressure forward (that isn't small) to fill the more imminent Rohan departure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back