Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I actually don't mind Korn. It doesn't mean I agree with everything he says but I have found a respect for him.

Lots of people in football get chummy with the media and avoid criticism as a result. Korn has his views and at this stage, isn't compromised in sharing them. For that, he has some respect from me.

Just stop calling him KoRn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cornes is a bombastic, sensationalist shit-stirring dickhead a lot of the time IMO but it’s also true that AFL journos, in-house and external, have close relationships with clubs and so it’s good to have an “outsider” who will ask silly or obnoxious or antagonstic questions to start conversations even if some of those conversations are individually petty or unreasonable.

He’s not better than the institutionalised journos but it’s very healthy if that perspective gets publicised (much like Caro Wilson, whom I used to despise but who has raised cultural and institutional problems earlier than many others).

Garry Lyon and his premiership window. Won the flag 19 of the last 19 years. Top 6 in both defense and attack. If you’re not in that window you don’t win the cup.
Currently pre finals only Dogs, Brisbane and hawthorn are in the window. All 5-8 teams….
I have swans in a GF , yet I think Brisbane are the best team, but from 5th will be a tough journey to even make the GF.
Interesting season. Up for grabs!

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back