• Lachlan Sholl

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember Betts got done for that in a loss to Sydney at AO in 17 or 18 or so right near the end that shut the door on us making a comeback. Swans player took off to play on, Betts tackled him, but we gave away a 50m penalty because even though he had left his line the ump hadn't called play on yet.

You can't call play-on post the tackle just so you can call HTB. It's ridiculous.

I still think he might get a week. Don’t think he deserves it, but who the f knows
It’ll be an interesting call, there were definitely two “actions” in the tackle, which they hate, but it wasn’t a slam into ground type movement so we’ll see.

I wouldn’t be particularly angry if he gets a week but it would be a real shame given how he’s struggled to stay on the park, and the quality of footy he’s now producing, think he deserves a slice of luck.

Problem is, PORT put so much emphasis on the importance of their prison bar Guernsey ......their supporters are being "conditioned" to believe their normal Guernsey is an inferior & reluctantly accepted version

Koche has a lot to answer for, in living in the past & not forging a new future .....you don't see FREO carry on about their equally strong heritage
Very well said

Great post, you just missed the similar disgraceful htb to hinge that sholl copped.
Also reckon you underrated Dawson, he set the tone and kept us in it in the first.
Can’t remember if it was the first play or close to (as I was working) he burst through the center and took them on almost to the point of being caught holding the ball.
Was great to see a captain lead from the front.
Was he the stand out, probably not but a worthy winner any way imo.
I do vividly recall the Hinge incident, I just didn’t think his was as egregious at Sholl’s because I don’t believe Hinge ever actually took any backwards steps to go back behind the mark. Sholl did, and we all witnessed the ump call play on AFTER Sholl started getting tackled, which was just the most outrageous umpiring decision I can recall when the position on the ground is also taken into account.

Dawson was certainly among our best players, I just reckon he was a solid 5th-6th best. Here’s hoping we’ll see more of him in a midfield role moving forward. Note to Nicks: IT WORKED, AND HINGE PLAYED BETTER IN DEFENCE THAN HE HAS EVER PLAYED AS A MID.

Adelaide United also beating Western Sydney and sitting firmly in the top 2 , the SANFL side also smashing Port so that horrid jumper didn't get to experience anything close to the heritage they all bang on about.

If it wasn't for my company merging on Saturday and the absolute s**t show I know Monday is going to be with 100k people all trying to call to get their new Superannuation details I would be so high on cloud 9
Great weekend for my team's Crows x 2, Panthers and the GWV Rebels with slotting the winning goal against the Sydney Academy lads on the dying moments.

Double cramp

He’s only half afl fit

Imagine when he’s fully fit will be close to Nick Daicos level

And wins like that will keep him engaged and want to stay in SA. We just need to keep winning some big games in front of big crowds...

Yep, we kicked Port Maggie's a second Anus. Absolutely smashed em
They mustn’t have been wearing the prison bars. Apparently you have to be a ninja monk prepared to put your life on the line after years of solitary emerged in creed and honour to wear that jumper. And therefore there’s no way you can lose in it! Surely Port didn’t get beat twice in one day by the franchise tingles? Couldn’t be possible with the 1870 establishment and singing never tear us apart!! Inconceivable!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this point it would take a reasonably brave person to swap Rachele for JHF.
A case of rose coloured supporter glasses on mate .....JHF in a heartbeat ....one of the purest dynamic mids, I've seen since Michael Voss

A case of rose coloured supporter glasses on mate .....JHF in a heartbeat ....one of the purest dynamic mids, I've seen since Michael Voss
Time will tell...

Take your Rachele blinkers off.

Plenty of just as talented footballers playing ammos coz they can’t be arsed.

I said a while back I don’t like how sloppy he presents himself. Phil Walsh wouldn’t have tolerated him.

Time will tell...

Take your Rachele blinkers off.
Not everything is about defending Rachelle .....it was a comparison you put up ....happy to revisit this in 3 years

So, in a redraft, who do you pick .....Rachelle or Rankine ......Rankine, the very definition of that "overused" term X-Factor

Not everything is about defending Rachelle .....it was a comparison you put up ....happy to revisit this in 3 years

So, in a redraft, who do you pick .....Rachelle or Rankine ......Rankine, the very definition of that "overused" term X-Factor
Line ball at this stage and amazingly good for us we have both hopefully for the entity of their AFL career with no major injuries.

Last edited:
Great
-beating them in their prison bar jumpers in front of their home crowd

Good
  • the genuine emergence of our next gen players RT, Siglo, Maxy, Pedlar and Rachele
  • Izak, worth every Penny
  • role players like Murphy playing their role

Bad
  • that holding the ball free against Sholl
  • the showdown medal counting, the medal should have gone to RT or Izak

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Plenty of just as talented footballers playing ammos coz they can’t be arsed.

I said a while back I don’t like how sloppy he presents himself. Phil Walsh wouldn’t have tolerated him.
Your listening to the anti-JHF Media, led by King, who have continually pushed a narrative this year to discredit JHF.

JHF's presented himself excellently, given his serious op in the off-season .....and for a poorly presented Mid, he's getting the 2nd most CBA's ....that'll increase during the year, as he's being eased in

1680392442156.png

I rarely go on other boards cos it's a petty thing to do, but I wanted to check out the vibe on the port board.

2 things I learnt:

- Some of the same irrational stuff gets said in this board. We're probably not that much different except....

- The club's propaganda machine has been very effective. Go and count how many times you read 'the port adelaide way' as if this is an actual real concept. We've also seen this before where they accept they need to focus on football rather than heritage, but next year they'll all be back on the prison bar wagon.

How Port can't see that their priorities are way out is beyond me.

I said last year that we would win both Showdowns in 2023, reckon the second one being our home showdown will get ugly (scorewise) and then we will go on a run of wins like 2015-2018.

God this feels good.

Now given we gave them a spanking with their prison bars, what is the next distraction from them? China again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad and the Umpiring.

Back