Review Good/Bad/Ugly v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to get up for a game like that. Three goals to zip up early and it was obvious to everyone that we'd win. Plug along for the last three and a half quarters. Next week will be the same.

Hopefully no injuries next week though. Getting ridiculous.

Surprisingly boring game, but a win is a win. It's just about banking them for the run home, so no complaints.

Milera while certainly quite good (best game for us?)just needs to clean his skills up a bit with passing (perhaps so noticeable as his skills can be so clean) and the Gooch again showed his has that spark about him, glad he got another game, hopefully bodes well for next week.

More soft tissue injuries.

Again for me, a lot of guys capable of kicking the ball from 45+ running into the goals but instead trying for a lace out pass to a man under pressure.

Goals win matches. Our set shot skills leave a lot to be desired, the usual suspects; jenkins and Mcgovern who again to me had the butter fingers bar that clunk in the last.

Doodee again great game. This guy. Just gets better.

Seeds 600 meter man does it again. He just needs to work on his set shots from 30 out in front. Not called on tonight but we all know it's a bit above the head from him on past experiences. If he can fix that up, perfect.

Ellis-Yolmen some people still don't respect him fully, can see their point of view, but again a dependable performance tonight.

All these injuries thank god we got Gibbs! Holding that mid-field together albeit not his greatest numbers tonight but will benefit with others coming back soon (hope!)

Talia <--- respect

Good: Gallucci. Has Murphy’s spot now. Great to have two great prospects in that role now.

Bad: soft tissue injury to Mackay and possibly Tex. I think we are better with Mackay as the back pocket over Kelly. Hope that’s where he comes back and leave Milera where he is.

The Good:

-Milera to half back - For those of us in the know a no brainer. Has been brilliant

-Seedsman - Leaving BnF

-Doedee - Love this kid.

-Douglas

-Talia

-Gibbs - worth every penny

-Gall - Love the way he attacks the contest.

The Bad:

-Foot skills. At times horrendous.

-Forward Line - yeah we kicked over 100 points but at times dysfunctional. Need Fogarty and Murphy to come back in. Current forward line is not going to win us a premiership.

I always thought Gallucci had it and it's good to have confirmation in an AFL match. On the other hand, Poholke still has a bit to go before he can become an AFL regular but it's still a positive that he's been given a decent taste.

For me the big Great is the genuine break out game of Milera.
Last week he showed bits and pieces of composure and creativity. He played more of a passive role in the way he won possessions.

Tonight be hunted the ball. Got involved in two and three possession plays and for the most part very composed.

He has arrived.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

For me the big Great is the genuine break out game of Milera.
Last week he showed bits and pieces of composure and creativity. He played more of a passive role in the way he won possessions.

Tonight be hunted the ball. Got involved in two and three possession plays and for the most part very composed.

He has arrived.

Would have been good if he went for goal from around 50 occasionally instead of dishing off. Would complete the package.

The Good:

-Milera to half back - For those of us in the know a no brainer. Has been brilliant

-Seedsman - Leaving BnF

-Doedee - Love this kid.

-Douglas

-Talia

-Gibbs - worth every penny

-Gall - Love the way he attacks the contest.

The Bad:

-Foot skills. At times horrendous.

-Forward Line - yeah we kicked over 100 points but at times dysfunctional. Need Fogarty and Murphy to come back in. Current forward line is not going to win us a premiership.
Losing Tex hurt the forward line. He rely runs that group and makes a lot of our poor I50s better just due to his be demands guys position themselves.

When he went off they were lost.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Milera was fantastic and delivered on his potential tonight
Gallucci had a real impact and gave us a real genuine first look at his talents
Talia was huge on Lynch and Brown was very good in 1+1 situations
Lynch a return to form and Gov is on the way back
M. Crouch first half very good
DMac was good before his injury

Would have liked to see the boys win by 10-12 goals however Dew has GC on the right path and he has some talent to work with, their is not to many perfect wins in the modern day

4-2 with our injury battles is a good start to the year, our best is yet to come and we certainly don’t want to be playing our best footy in round 6, banking wins is our main objective at this point in the season so job done

What's the go with Dmac? Didn't notice him go off at the game.... Not another concussion I hope?

didn't see any of the game as I was out

but wow, Milera 33 disposals?

Sounds like the consensus was it was a 'meh' game but i'll look forward to watching his game on the replay tomorrow
Milera racked up touches really well, good run and rebound. Muffed 3 or 4 kicks, but that's to be expected with that many touches.

Was on track for 38 at half time.

One thing re: percentage - it is important but not the be all and end all at Round 6. In past years we'd go hammer and tong in a game like tonight and maybe win by 90+ but I don't mind the general calm control we've played with in our 4 wins. If we're in a good position and hunting percentage later then we can go for it. It's all about chalking up wins particularly when we have injuries.

I'd rather finish 3rd or 4th with a percentage of 115 but our full best 22 ready for September than finish 1st or 2nd with a percentage of 150 but be banged up and tired.

Gooch is playing better in the AFL than he ever was at SANFL. I was surprised when he was brought in last week but, tonight, he showed why we picked him as high as we did. Definitely looks a player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad/Ugly v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back