Review Good/Bad/Ugly vs Hawthorn and their Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been losing this game over and over since 2005 though. That's why I don't get why people feel like this is a new chapter. It felt just like a decade of abuse at the hands of Malthouse taking advance of Craig.

Yeah yeah, we led, yeah we really took it to that better team. And yet, when push came to shove, we didn't have it when it counted.

I don't know how that translates to us somehow being great.

Deeper talent level now, in my opinion.

What amuses me is your attempt to be cute.

VB may or may not have hit Seedsman, but given how often he used to win the ball, I doubt he would have had the chance.

The sum total of my contribution, good one. I just find your position weird, complain we are not good enough but spend your time defending an average player.

You're pretty much the only one that feels the need to continuously bring up van Berlo. I don't think I mentioned him tonight at all.

It's really a bit strange of you. Is this one of those fatal attraction situations?

Quite frankly,I'm happy Noone has reported me...

Still Atkins was epic. What a star.
Was excellent Atkins ....and after a great game last week as well

But it was McGovern that really shone .....has that X-Factor, and he's getting more confidence now and starting to really fly for those marks ......superb hands !!!!!!!

Alright..that is pretty painful...but we are never getting that call in the dying seconds at the MCG on Friday Night.

A free is a free is a free. Its up to the umps to adher to the laws of the game not decide when and how to apply them. I suspect that umpire will get a rocket because he allowed Smith to cheat and get away with it. Thats an umpire doing a very bad job and he should be crucified.

We would have received at least neutral umpiring. And that's all we needed.

I honestly don't remember ever seeing the Crows getting a ride like Hawthorn got tonight.

Neutral observers reckon we got the rub of the green last week.

I don't think the umpiring was good at all and they got some frees but I've given up expecting or hoping for competence. Our players need to be better.

Thanks Jesterwester. Hey.. how good are those McGoverns???
Yeah, they're alright I suppose, if you like a key position player who can mark and kick well. ;) Stoked that Mitch is getting a good run. He adds another element to your already scary forward line!

Can't wait to see Jeremy line up on Mitch later this year. :)

How awful was Laird tonight?

Cheney…he's a B grader. Gives effort but he needs replacing as he just cannot play against the best.

Brown (bar the goal), Smith.

Our defensive group needs to be much better than that.
Fumbled, fumbled every ball ....and when he got the ball, missed targets ...took wrong options & got his kicks smothered .....you could see off the ball his body language was saying ....."oh what a f.......g night"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've been losing this game over and over since 2005 though. That's why I don't get why people feel like this is a new chapter. It felt just like a decade of abuse at the hands of Malthouse taking advance of Craig.

Yeah yeah, we led, yeah we really took it to that better team. And yet, when push came to shove, we didn't have it when it counted.

I don't know how that translates to us somehow being great.

Are we meant to be 22-0? You're a nightmare.

Yep got exposed this week on afl 360. He removed his hawthorn supporting team photos and comments soon after. ******* disgraceful the campaigner is allowed to umpire any of their games. Blatant cheating. 5 free kicks in the last 4 minutes. All to hawthorn. Fagan needs to write a letter to the 'vfl' and state wedo not want to ever have him umpire again when we play them.
I thought that was a different ump.

A free is a free is a free. Its up to the umps to adher to the laws of the game not decide when and how to apply them. I suspect that umpire will get a rocket because he allowed Smith to cheat and get away with it. Thats an umpire doing a very bad job and he should be crucified.

Just not reality of how these things play out. We all know it. I understand what you are saying--but 99 out of 100 times the whistle is swallowed.

I thought Thompson and Sloane were very good tonight. Both tried their guts out.
But Laird had a stinker. Cameron was quiet but did a few nice things. Wish wed played him on rioli a bit more through the middle. Mcgovern is a player. His marking and that bulldozer tackle was fantastic. That kick that Smith missed to Seedsman was the one. If hed hit him it was practically game over. This loss will burn but it will give us belief we can match it with hawthorn even with their umpires. I hope we play these campaigners in the finals again. Payback will be sweet.

Also found it quite bemusing that Hawks flogs behind the goals were booing Cheney...he never played more than 10 games a year for them in four seasons and yet they begrudge him leaving for more opportunities. Even renowned boo-ers such as our own team wouldn't boo a player who left for more opportunities.

Just not reality of how these things play out. We all know it. I understand what you are saying--but 99 out of 100 times the whistle is swallowed.

If thats the line the umpire chooses to take then so be it. He then has to deal with getting his arse chewed for being gutless. Good umpires make the calls that need to be made. Not the one that best suits the crowd.

Yeah, they're alright I suppose, if you like a key position player who can mark and kick well. ;) Stoked that Mitch is getting a good run. He adds another element to your already scary forward line!

Can't wait to see Jeremy line up on Mitch later this year. :)
Mitch has him covered.....:D...Will be a highlight of the year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back