Review Good/Bad/Ugly vs Hawthorn and their Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looked horrible in most contests. Couldn't get near the ball, fluffed important tackles, applied barely any pressure, got tackled way too easily, and didn't do much when he had the ball. I'm shocked he had 23 touches, must have been Cotchin-style backwards handballs.

We aren't going to be a premiership contender with Mackay in our side. I'm with Drugs Are Bad Mackay? on this one

That said, Laird was absolutely terrible tonight for the first three quarters. The worst game I've ever seen from him.
Fact you said this just shows your bias and that you didn't actually see what Mackay was doing tonight ......probably yelling at the umpires so much that you didn't actually see the game

Mackay is now attending more centre bounces .....it's obvious the 7th consecutive coach has even more faith in Mackays abilities than you

You're pretty much the only one that feels the need to continuously bring up van Berlo. I don't think I mentioned him tonight at all.

It's really a bit strange of you. Is this one of those fatal attraction situations?
If I continuously brought up VB you might be right. But I haven't so thats a fail. Since he's been dropped the only time I've mentioned him except tonight was when Vader suggested he was an in.

I brought up VB tonight because you were complaining that we haven't been good enough for years. As I've tried to explain, I find that odd since you are such a defender of VB.

Suggest you watch the game without bias .....Melbourne radio was praising DMac ....saying last two weeks he's had 18 tackles ....Career average something like 2 tackles a game ...credited Pyke with DMac's turnaround

Thompson did not tag Mitchell ....they matched at stoppages, but were actually playing wide of each other most of the night

Whatever you consider to be a tackle? Read my previous post where Ive openly admitted jumping on The Dmack bandwagon so far this year.

Wrapping your arms around a players waist only to have them hula you off like a flouro plastic hoop a tackle is not.

Stick your friggen numbers. I can see shirt with my own eyes.

He's been good up till tonight. Tonight he was useless.

Play Crouch on Mitchell and tell hi to go learn something as this is the type of play he should aspire to be. Placing a 5 game old Thommo next to the little general was always going to leave us exposed! What you suggest Thommo can do as much damage playin off this guy!

That's a good point. Last week we win a close one and have performers all over the park.

Tonight I'm struggling to name our best 3. No one played at their best. Maybe we weren't able to? But everyone was down.

Good:
Lynch (2nd half)
Betts (1st qtr)
Charlie
Sloane
Rat

Edit: and the Gov. His best game for us and our BOG
How good was McLovin's tackle in the 3rd.

You know, you'd really be missed.

This for example was quality riposte.

It's amazing that people want to talk to me about realism though. People seem to think we won tonight.
Trying to keep to your level of posting.
You talk of realism but can't seem to acknowledge the reality of how we are playing. If you can't see it then there's absolutely no point in engaging in any form of debate.

If I were to do a review like that Port poster does for their games:

10 -
9 - Thompson, Sloane
8 - Atkins
7 - McGovern, Lynch, Douglas, Betts
6 - Jacobs, Seedsman, M. Crouch
5 - Talia, Hartigan, Smith, Walker
4 - Mackay, Brown, Jenkins, Lever, Lyons, Cheney
3 - Cameron
2 -
1 -
0 - Laird

Weighted so that 5 is a typical or average game

People are talking about the kick from Smith that missed the mark, but it was a poor effort from Seedsman. He needed to keep his feet and take the ball on the bounce. Going to ground is never a good idea and he didn't need to dive for that footy.

Agree, but **** the kick was terrible. Seedsman was wrong footed and panicked a bit but he should never have been put in that position. I'd argue that Smith should have never even been kicking it to Seed. A handball or kicking to one of the twi longer options were the best 3 alternatives. Just a complete meltdown.

As was the pissant effort from Smith to give away the game losing free kick. Wtf was he doing?

As was the moronic decision by Smith from the kick in, to kick long to a contest with a minute left while leading by less than a goal. Admittedly, he probably required someone to break into space for the short option, but **** me the kick was a shank. Went 45m.

Game on the line - Smith turned to water unfortunately.

So did Cheney. Dive and knock the ball through you absolute goose. And then to allow his opponent to get that quick handball to Rioli for the second last goal was PATHETIC.

Very disappointed in both of them. Expected better.

If I continuously brought up VB you might be right. But I haven't so thats a fail. Since he's been dropped the only time I've mentioned him except tonight was when Vader suggested he was an in.

I brought up VB tonight because you were complaining that we haven't been good enough for years. As I've tried to explain, I find that odd since you are such a defender of VB.

Tonight is the precise proof that your thinking has been too narrow. You've always been of the view that a player or two typifies our issues.

And yet, players come players go. Our issues remain.

Look deeper. Search yourself young Skywalker. You know it to be true.

The fish ****ing rots from the mother****ing head.

PS, you do continuously bring up vB you freak.

Trying to keep to your level of posting.
You talk of realism but can't seem to acknowledge the reality of how we are playing. If you can't see it then there's absolutely no point in engaging in any form of debate.

We lost.

How we're playing is entirely defined by that.

Because, really, other than tonight we're the perfect standard setters?

I'm the first to rip us, mate. We've underachieved for 20 years.

The last two weeks we've played the 2 best teams in the competition, loaded with Premiership experience, and played to that level, with some very young players.

Your attitude is basically "F*ck it, we lost prelims ten years ago, we'll just f*ck up again regardless". Which is fine - but I'll call you on it.

It must be difficult for you when we win a close final like last year against the Bulldogs against the odds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tonight is the precise proof that your thinking has been too narrow. You've always been of the view that a player or two typifies our issues.

And yet, players come players go. Our issues remain.

Look deeper. Search yourself young Skywalker. You know it to be true.

The fish ******* rots from the mother******* head.

PS, you do continuously bring up vB you freak.
No I don't freakster.

Blame the umps if you want. Fact is we couldn't seal the deal, again.

At least the top 4 rubbish can be put to bed now, we are top 8 at best, can't beat an undermanned Hawthorn now won't be winning finals in the future.
Make no mistake, the Crows can beat Hawthorn. They seem to fall over the line in these games but you guys and gals should be rapt with that performance despite the loss. I know it's hard to be optimistic after a loss but you have what it takes to beat them, which is more than can be said for the Eagles at the moment. Your players backed themselves in and weren't fazed by the Hawks at the 'G. Roughead will make them better but the execution of Pyke's game plan by your players this early into the partnership is something to behold.

If we can't do it (and hopes will fade if we get hammered in the contest against the Swans), I'd back Adelaide to trouble Hawthorn most in the finals.

If I were to do a review like that Port poster does for their games:

10 -
9 - Thompson, Sloane
8 - Atkins
7 - McGovern, Lynch, Douglas, Betts
6 - Jacobs, Seedsman, M. Crouch
5 - Talia, Hartigan, Smith, Walker
4 - Mackay, Brown, Jenkins, Lever, Lyons, Cheney
3 - Cameron
2 -
1 -
0 - Laird

Weighted so that 5 is a typical or average game

Talia was significantly better than that IMO. Even involved in a couple of scores. Loved his game.

Good :

Sloane
Thommo (minus a few fumbles towards the end, which was contagious)
McGovern
Talia
Tex had valuable touches
Crouch was okay

Bad :

Laird had one of his worst games
Atkins kicking was poor.
Mackay ragdoll

People are talking about the kick from Smith that missed the mark, but it was a poor effort from Seedsman. He needed to keep his feet and take the ball on the bounce. Going to ground is never a good idea and he didn't need to dive for that footy.

I was thinking the same thing.

But mistakes happen... on to Freo next week.

On the positive side, our game plan held up very well, although the execution wasn't always there. We had lots of little errors through out the night, e.g. fumbles, miscued/smothered kicks etc, yet we got within 3 points.

Love the fact that we stuck to it and didn't go ultra defensive.

In case no-one has noticed this game plan hasn't been seen before, and it will take at least half a season until we can become competent at executing it. But who can deny how exciting and damaging it will be once it comes to fruition?

Shits all over anything I've seen in the past 10 years.

We would have received at least neutral umpiring. And that's all we needed.

I honestly don't remember ever seeing the Crows getting a ride like Hawthorn got tonight.
I don't watch umpires at all ......but you couldn't help but notice tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back