• Josh Rachele

• James Rowe (sub)

• Lachlan Sholl

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

You missed one of the score involvements. There were at least 3x Richmond goals which were directly due to his incompetence, including 2 of the first 3 goals they kicked in the 1st quarter.
Frampton would have the highest number of goal assists for the game... unfortunately for Richmond.

Just watched the highlights, in which Frampton features twice.

Both fumbles result in Richmond goals.
If you thought Frampton was poor tonight then I think you would be on your own. This kid is 200cm and playing his 4th game in defense at this level ever, and he had 22 touches and some of the best kicks for a guy of his size you would ever see.
sure he fumbled a couple and got out marked once by Bolta, but if that is what he is doing this early in his career in defense, then I for one am pretty excited by what he is going to develop into.

Good cameo by Rowey. Had 3 possessions but each 1 to advantage. Gollant didn't score but his work around the ball was always putting pressure on Richmond.
As bad as ROB was , his last 1/4 was good. Took some good marks. This is lacking in his game this year.
My best were Walker, Keays, Laird, Berg, Smith , Doedee, Murphy and Sholl.

Last edited:
Yeah Frampton had 22 disposals but he also had 10 turnovers, so he was almost better off not getting the ball
Everyone is talking rubbish I sat behind Framptom last row bottom section 20degrees from the point post. Had a forward line of Bolta who is a gun, Reiwoldt and Lynch . I think its fair to say he did well. Bolta is 22 yrs old....I'd be offering this guy 800k a year to replace Tex

You missed one of the score involvements. There were at least 3x Richmond goals which were directly due to his incompetence, including 2 of the first 3 goals they kicked in the 1st quarter.
Haters gonna hate...

I'm prepared to watch his development as a KPD without any preconceived views because currently he's clearly our best option and it's only early days in that journey.

Very entertaining game watch and a great win. When Richmond got in front, I thought they would kick away and we would go down by 4-5 goals. Was very impressed with our guys to regroup and gain the momentum back.

Thought our defence was great, especially Doedee, that was his best game for a while.

Huge from Tex and very well supported by Berg.

How do you have 76% disposal efficiency if nearly half your disposals are turnovers?
Lots of long kicks. Kicks over 40m are counted as efficient, regardless of whether or not they end up with a teammate. A fair proportion of his kicks were thus efficient turnovers, which also boosted his metres gained - despite the fact that the ball invariably went straight back to where it started.

The Frampton critics are completely missing the point.

The worrying thing isn't that Frampton was bad, it's that he was good.

Sure, he had those few moments where he panicked, flubbed short passes, fumbled under pressure. But there was only a handful of those moments and when he gets time and space to deliver the ball he's very good.

Overall his game was okay. Coaches love a reinvented player because it reflects well on them. Add in McAsey & Murray's less than stellar form and Billy is now ensconced.

It's only against the best teams and on the biggest stages that weakness are truly exposed. We're not going to be on that stage for years. No one is expecting us to win now so mistakes aren't any big deal. They carry minimal weight. It will take the coaches YEARS to discover that Billy isn't good enough when the heat is on. By then he'll have banked experience too so will be undroppable plus because he's a permanent fixture we won't have developed anyone else.

Billy's good performances are terrifying. Will set us back a decade.

Haters gonna hate...

I'm prepared to watch his development as a KPD without any preconceived views because currently he's clearly our best option and it's only early days in that journey.

If you just define best by what we're doing at any given time it kind of loses all meaning.

I dont mind Frampton - for now

He reminds me of Mackay and will most likely be the cause of 2 x 180 degree views on his worth to the team. The problem at the moment is his good is ok but his bad is the cause of goals and turnovers.

There will be a ' which Billy will attack this contest' thought from a majority

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tigers get on top in the third quarter … umpires say ‘Hold my beer’. Full strength Adel except for Seedsman. 32-13 in free kicks and you kicked 12-1 from set shots. It’s nice to win but I’d probably cool the celebrations - wouldn’t want to celebrate too early like in GF week of 2017 when Tex saved a seat on the plane for the cup

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Keep crying.

Tigers get on top in the third quarter … umpires say ‘Hold my beer’. Full strength Adel except for Seedsman. 32-13 in free kicks and you kicked 12-1 from set shots. It’s nice to win but I’d probably cool the celebrations - wouldn’t want to celebrate too early like in GF week of 2017 when Tex saved a seat on the plane for the cup

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Eat shit and die Richmond.

Lots of long kicks. Kicks over 40m are counted as efficient, regardless of whether or not they end up with a teammate. A fair proportion of his kicks were thus efficient turnovers, which also boosted his metres gained - despite the fact that the ball invariably went straight back to where it started.
Kicks over 40m that go to a 50 50 contest are efficient, not any kick over 40m, IIRC.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Today was good but still some issues to work on.

I think we handball too short and too many times

Watch Richmond spread and handball out of the contest not around it - they rarely handball to a stationary player - we do.

Very disappointed if thats the last of Sloane - happy to have him in the team if today was a future indicator. Even when we were challenged the coaches resisted the urge and it worked a treat.

1) If you thought Frampton was poor tonight then 2) I think you would be on your own. 3) This kid is 200cm and playing his 4th game in defense at this level ever, and he had 22 touches and some of the best kicks for a guy of his size you would ever see.
4) sure he fumbled a couple and got out marked once by Bolta, but 5) if that is what he is doing this early in his career in defense, then I for one am pretty excited by what he is going to develop into.
1) Yes, I did. He was.
2) Nope, eg posts by Vader and Kane McGoodwin , both just above yours.
3) That "kid" is 25, in his 5th AFL Season; he's slow, fumbly, is often out of position and is a poor kick. By contrast, Keays is also 25 and not a "kid" either, but so much >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Frampton.
4) at least 2 of those fumbles resulted directly in Richmond goals. Frampton was supposed to negate Richmond, not help them score.
5) Let's revisit this at the end of 2022? I'll be amazed if his contract is renewed.

Fish, in a barrel.

Sure, he had those few moments where he panicked, flubbed short passes, fumbled under pressure. But there was only a handful of those moments and when he gets time and space to deliver the ball he's very good.

Overall his game was okay. Coaches love a reinvented player because it reflects well on them. Add in McAsey & Murray's less than stellar form and Billy is now ensconced.

It's only against the best teams and on the biggest stages that weakness are truly exposed. We're not going to be on that stage for years. No one is expecting us to win now so mistakes aren't any big deal. They carry minimal weight. It will take the coaches YEARS to discover that Billy isn't good enough when the heat is on. By then he'll have banked experience too so will be undroppable plus because he's a permanent fixture we won't have developed anyone else.

He wasn't good today though. He sucked. Were people even paying attention? Most of his kicks were cheapies in the backline under no pressure. When the pressure was actually on, he leaked goals like a sieve.

If they're kicked to the Oppo they aren't effective

He wasn't good today though. He sucked. Were people even paying attention? Most of his kicks were cheapies in the backline under no pressure. When the pressure was actually on, he leaked goals like a sieve.
How many goals did Balta kick

Your praises always seem to come with a disclaimer

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad/Ugly vs Richmond, R5 2022

Back