• Lachlan Sholl

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ugly!

c84cd5d6be70103ed4f5dbe7a5b48807

The Frampton critics are completely missing the point.

The worrying thing isn't that Frampton was bad, it's that he was good.

Sure, he had those few moments where he panicked, flubbed short passes, fumbled under pressure. But there was only a handful of those moments and when he gets time and space to deliver the ball he's very good.

Overall his game was okay. Coaches love a reinvented player because it reflects well on them. Add in McAsey & Murray's less than stellar form and Billy is now ensconced.

It's only against the best teams and on the biggest stages that weakness are truly exposed. We're not going to be on that stage for years. No one is expecting us to win now so mistakes aren't any big deal. They carry minimal weight. It will take the coaches YEARS to discover that Billy isn't good enough when the heat is on. By then he'll have banked experience too so will be undroppable plus because he's a permanent fixture we won't have developed anyone else.

Billy's good performances are terrifying. Will set us back a decade.
I really don’t see how anyone can say that after playing only 4 games in defense.
Billy is basically the same height as O’Brien. How many fumbles and missed kicks would you get if you tried playing him as a KPD? if that was a new kid that played that game tonight, 4 games into his career, then everyone would be raving about it. There were some great one on one spoils, he was close to his man all night, he played in front, and that 50 meter bullet to McAdam was something that you just never see from a 200cm player.

Hmmmm :think:, so FOUR Richmond goals from Frampton clangers.

You payin' attention, Hodgy ?? :whistle: :)
OK, I get it, you hate Billy.
He could get 30 touches and torch his opponent and you would still find fault. I think you had better get used to him though, I think he’s destined for a long career.

He could get 30 touches and torch his opponent and you would still find fault. I think you had better get used to him though, I think he’s destined for a long career.
Lol, no chance.

Frampton was pretty bad, I cringe every time the ball comes close to him, he has been in the AFL system for 8 years, people saying don’t be so harsh he’s new to defending - I get it but really this guy should not be fumbling and shitting himself at this point - he’s played enough games and had plenty of opportunities in his career, he just doesn’t have it and we are only persisting because we don’t have anyone doing a better job. Is borlase any good? we really need a capable 2nd KPD urgently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frampton is getting the Defense of David Mackay treatment.

His baseline is so low for being "good" that when he puts in a game that is better than average for him, it's only being measured against himself, rather than a general AFL player.

It was no doubt one of Frampton's better games. But most of his games were horrible. Was he actually good overall? I didn't think so.

I'm sure we'd feel differently if he wasn't personally responsible for 25% of the opposition's goals.

I agree with that. I think Frampton is okay but people are kidding themselves if they think he is actually going to be a long term player in defence in a good side. He has his moments but even if he is 10% better than a younger alternative I'd go with the younger option.
Which younger option? Are ypu implying McAsey ....which I hope you're not

Whats happened to the crowds. Have all the older members given up their membership due to covid. A few years ago crowds were always 40k plus
Usually lower crowds at Easter as many are away on holidays.

Good:

With the exception of the Pies game we have put up a winning score every game. This continued emphatically today. A crows outfit on another day we may have capitulated after giving up the lead. We won that game comprehensively.

Bad:

Bolton's sense of entitlement.

Ugly:

Frampton & ROB. Good moments here and there will paper over their enormouse issues and both had a hand in costing us multiple goals today. No I will not relent.

You'll have to ask Champion Data about that

View attachment 1375133
Not sure here, but it looks like he had 27 possessions (4+17+6), and managed to turn 22 of them into a disposal; 17 effectively.
5 disposals turned over, 5 possessions turned over without disposal?
17/22 = 77% efficiency
27 possessions - 10 turnovers = 17 effective disposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad/Ugly vs Richmond, R5 2022

Back