Review Good/Bad v Hawthorn, Round 2

Remove this Banner Ad

If Jenkins misses next week I really like the idea of putting Otten forward in his spot.
Yeah he looked good up there and I saw him close up today numerous times. I thought Pyke was great to switch him up there because as good as Tex is, crashing contests isn't always his strength so Otten made plenty of 2 on 1's to bring the ball down and even plucked one or two. Could become a seriously handy swingman between attack and defence. Throw in that he just seems like such a positive nice and guy and I bet every crows supporter would love to see him succeed.

AFL expected to charge Crows forward with drug charges.
He has failed 3 tests within a 15 min period and now has failed the 3 strikes policy.
Rumoured penalty player panned for duration of his current contract.
Crows forced to pay into the umpires depression fund the equal amount of the players contract.
The Crows will also lose draft picks for a breach of the salary cap as the donation to the umpire fund has been included in the TPP.

Been lost a bit in the discussion because we got a goal straight after, but how was this not deliberate? It's exactly the same as Mills last night.

Funnily enough I called out 'no pressure' at the game today for that one and Hawks people tried telling me I was full of sh!7, I asked if they watched last nights match and naturally got no response as they knew. The rule is just pathetic anyway, I don't honestly think that should be a free kick and guaranteed goal but I do want consistency.

Yeah he looked good up there and I saw him close up today numerous times. I thought Pyke was great to switch him up there because as good as Tex is, crashing contests isn't always his strength so Otten made plenty of 2 on 1's to bring the ball down and even plucked one or two. Could become a seriously handy swingman between attack and defence. Throw in that he just seems like such a positive nice and guy and I bet every crows supporter would love to see him succeed.

His ruck efforts weren't bad either

Good:
Just watching the replay now. 5mins to go in the third quarter Teia Miles kicked a shocker to lynch about 20m out from our goal.

Cameron was close to him & celebrated Lynch's Mark for a split second then turned around and made a bee-line towards the debutant in Miles & instead of giving it to him he patted him on the back to say bad luck, very rarely do you ever see that on a football field.

Probably because hes been there done that.

Funnily enough I called out 'no pressure' at the game today for that one and Hawks people tried telling me I was full of sh!7, I asked if they watched last nights match and naturally got no response as they knew. The rule is just pathetic anyway, I don't honestly think that should be a free kick and guaranteed goal but I do want consistency.

Wasn't there something about being within the 9 m of goal.

His ruck efforts weren't bad either
Agreed! Speaking of ruck actually, Sauce dominated today and might be in for another big year with the 3rd man up rule changed. Being an old school pure ruckman he should benefit. Throw in he's always been very useful around the ground compared to many others and I'm optimistic on him having a big year.

Agreed! Speaking of ruck actually, Sauce dominated today and might be in for another big year with the 3rd man up rule changed. Being an old school pure ruckman he should benefit. Throw in he's always been very useful around the ground compared to many others and I'm optimistic on him having a big year.

Sauces best ruck performance in a long time, agreed.

Not just the taps but he actually clunked some really important marks.

That was the 6th time I've seen a Hawthorn v Adelaide game live

2007 Elimination Final - Thommo out on the full / Kris Massie on Franklin from the boundry special at Docklands
2012 Rnd 3 - I yelled at Gunston every time he got near it and the Hawks smashed us by 10 goals
2012 Prelim Final - The Nicholls special
2015 Semi Final - Tore to pieces at the end of a long and arduous season
2016 Rnd 5 - The choke job special

(I missed Rory Sloane's debut when we beat them at the 'G in 2009)

FINALLY! WE BEAT THE HAWKS!

I loved watching Charlie Cameron put physical pressure on a Hawks player at every single opportunity - he thrives on the contact and teams will know when they've played against him

That HTB decision was so bad that you could feel the Hawks supporters feeling a bit tight around the collar - That umpire would have been the only person at the ground who thought that was holding the ball

I went absolutely feral

but we stuck it up em haha

The difference is that our player wasn't as smart as the Dogs player, who stopped and threw his hands up. Our player was still chasing when the Hawk rushed it through = actual, rather than perceived pressure.

The difference is that our player wasn't as smart as the Dogs player, who stopped and threw his hands up. Our player was still chasing when the Hawk rushed it through = actual, rather than perceived pressure.

I think the word you're looking for is honest, not smart.

Wasn't there something about being within the 9 m of goal.
Yep it's meant to be the goal square length basically but if you watched the Swans last night they got penalised for something very similar. I had no issues with Talia being penalised the week prior as it was clearly longer than the square when he rushed it but last night the Swans got ripped big time and umps therefore should have done the same today if they are going to seriously enforce a 'standard.' I'm not one who usually likes to lay blame at umps for matches the way some do as while they do stuff up they do also do a pretty good much of the time in what is a fast and furious game which I think is forgotten a lot. Today on the other hand I felt like we were playing them a lot more than other occasions, even worse than the bulldogs match from last year which I also attended. Still home side always nearly gets the benefit, despite what many say here I think Adelaide isn't totally robbed at home that often.

I'm hoping it's similar to Cockatoo/Milera.

Cockatoo looked better early but Milera on form this year looks like he's gone past him.

We seem to be focused on long term potential rather than immediate impact.

Galluci vs SPP could be similar.

You're confused...
Milera was not drafted in 2014, it's Cockatoo/Lever that we did the swap of picks for.

Milera drafted in 2015

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're confused...
Milera was not drafted in 2014, it's Cockatoo/Lever that we did the swap of picks for.

Milera drafted in 2015

You are correct. My mistake.

I still think the overarching theme about us drafting for longevity is valid though.

Just got back home from the game.
Good win I thought, Man Why the **** didn't we draft burton? I know doedee will be good but jeez burton is a beauty.
Yep, is a very good kick, and while playing back will no doubt at some point go forward. Doedee needs to be good. (and really, needs to play this year, the list of draftees who don't play in their first two years, and then come good would be pretty short)

Yep, is a very good kick, and while playing back will no doubt at some point go forward. Doedee needs to be good. (and really, needs to play this year, the list of draftees who don't play in their first two years, and then come good would be pretty short)
He would be playing right now if not injured...would be the perfect person to top off the backline (in addition to Lever of course).

He would be playing right now if not injured...would be the perfect person to top off the backline (in addition to Lever of course).

He has never ever played an AFL game are you going on gut feel, Lever fair enough but there aren't that many spots available realistically if JJ wasn't injured Otten would stay there

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He has never ever played an AFL game are you going on gut feel, Lever fair enough but there aren't that many spots available realistically if JJ wasn't injured Otten would stay there

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
So when kids get drafted are the recruiters just going on gut feel as they've never played an AFL game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad v Hawthorn, Round 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back