Review Good/Bad vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder how some of our young guys (Jones, McHenry, Fogarty) are handling things?

None of them did much this season which is no biggie - they're kids in a team that has been diabolically bad at times - but I wonder how resilient they are?

Would their confidence have taken a hit? Or do they understand that like Himmelberg sometimes it just takes a while.

If they aren't motivated to have the biggest pre-season of their lives to break into the wooden spooners best 22 then good luck elsewhere. They'll never get a better opportunity as 3rd/4th year players to cement a spot.

I liked what Fog did in the 2nd half, showed there was more than just a bit of video in him
Yeah thank goodness for that!

Was like hitting a screaming drive up the centre on 18 after shooting a 107.

Keeps you coming back for another round.

If they aren't motivated to have the biggest pre-season of their lives to break into the wooden spooners best 22 then good luck elsewhere. They'll never get a better opportunity as 3rd/4th year players to cement a spot.
I'm more wondering about their belief than their motivation. They are all trying hard.

Jones is NOT a AFL level footballer.
Delist....an absolute SPUD.
Shocking selection.
He's absolutely useless in every sense of the word. People that say he needs time are delaying the inevitable. BUST !!!
Otherwise our kids look good.
So hard to work out , Jones just looks scared of going at the ball . Has speed and wins the time trials in Pre season but does not know where to go to get it. Needs to spend preseason playing on Matt Crouch who has an art of knowing how to get cheap ball.

Last edited:
Yeah thank goodness for that!

Was like hitting a screaming drive up the centre on 18 after shooting a 107.

Keeps you coming back for another round.
Did it on 17 and 18 tonight thankfully, plus the marks that brought the goals.

Shown plenty is very generous for someone averaging 8.1 touches this season.

Below average in all statistics this year.

He is a moment player who has one maybe two moments a game where you think he might just be a player but never once has built on it.

He stays forward because he has failed everywhere else so far.View attachment 965601

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
There is no denying that he had some good games this season and did some very clean clearance weaving out of traffic with his pace that you think this kid has something and then he back the good game with very poor game where he gets single digit possession, who knows if this strange season is affecting him more than other players.

There is no denying that he had some good games this season and then he back the good game with very poor game where he gets single digit possession, who knows if this strange season is affecting him more than other players.
Think he's his own hardest judge too.

Good: Pick 1, Himmelberg continues to grow and compete, ROB our BOG today whilst Sauce announced his retirement, justifying that decision, and Fogarty working himself back into the game.
Bad: Walker got the record but really didn't impact the game in any other aspect and has to be a serious question mark on his career at the AFC with reduced list sizes next year.
Ugly: Is Jones OK? As in, is he adjusting to life in SA properly? He looks both mentally and physically cooked, and while all our other underdone players came good 3 weeks ago he has continued to impact less and less and just looks like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders. I'm worried about him.

I'm surprised we have continued to give Jones games, his confidence is totally shot, poor coaching to keep putting him out there

Ouch again....stinging.
Meanwhile the lowest ranked player on the ground today was Jones. But dont let the facts get in the way of a good story. This guy is ELITE....just cant get near it....game after game.
I'm not saying he had a great night.

But go watch the previous 3.

So hard to work out , Jones just looks scared of going at the ball . Has speed and wins the time trials in Pre season but does not know where to go to get it. Needs to spend preseason playing in Matt Crouch who has an art of knowing how to get cheap ball.
The fact he doesn't know how to get his own ball is a big concern. More natural ball winners are overtaking him at a fast rate....even younger players picked further down the draft.
Not looking good at all. Could be a great junior that never steps up at this rate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lenny Hayes has just bought a farm the other side of the Blue Mountains and isn't interested in pursuing a career in the AFL Leon Cameron said today.
Josh Francou wanted to be a teacher - #justsayin

The fact he doesn't know how to get his own ball is a big concern. More natural ball winners are overtaking him at a fast rate....even younger players picked further down the draft.
Not looking good at all. Could be a great junior that never steps up at this rate.
Not going by some of the games I've seen him play this and last year, this kid definitely has something and can play, just not consistent in the strange season.

If you can’t see by now how Lynch absolutely destroys our ball movement, you can’t be helped. Stats tell you nothing.
I just can't see a place for him anymore.

It's no longer the 2017 game plan.

Would much rather he go out and Hamill come in for him.

Maybe once a year for Jones...a la Mackay.
He just doesnt have it.
Bust
Man I wish people would abstain from such overstatements.

so many people think they need to have these overstated hot takes like “He’s a bust” and everything needs to be in absolutes.

Just say he is struggling and that if he doesn’t improve he will be delisted. No one will disagree with that. But this obsessive need of some people to talk in absolutes like it somehow makes them seem more authoritative.

Man I wish people would abstain from such overstatements.

so many people think they need to have these overstated hot takes like “He’s a bust” and everything needs to be in absolutes.

Just say he is struggling and that if he doesn’t improve he will be delisted. No one will disagree with that. But this obsessive need of some people to talk in absolutes like it somehow makes them seem more authoritative.
Well...you gotta have some sort of standard ;)

Finishing last is a great result for the club.

Too long we have wallowed in mediocrity. Not terrible, not great.

This season has utterly exposed us for the pretenders we have been. Horrible coaching panel. Terrible admin. Garbage fitness. List that has not been good enough for 20 years. Shoestring budget for anything even remotely important at a football club. Nepotism galore.

Can't hide any more. We have access to the best talent as well. Only way is up

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back