Preview Grand Final Mighty Hawks vs Fremantle - 28 September 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
F..k of idiot!! If you seriously think that you bashed the cats up for us, your got sh.t for brains. So if we are going with that theory we beat up the Swans for you. You clown!!

Im looking forward to us showing up that bs Ross Lyon game plan!!

Probably need to chill out.

We went to Skilled and beat the best team of the modern era on their own deck, that doesn't just happen.

I've decided to enjoy Grand Final week.

Last year I decided to be low key, pleased that we were in the big one but keeping a lid on everything - it would only be a celebration if we won.

This year, I've thought **** it. It was the comment that Brian Lake made about Grand Final day & it got me thinking. There must only be a handful of Footscray supporters around now who saw the 1954 Premiership live. If you were 10 watching that game at the MCG you'd be close to 70 now. So every other Bulldogs supporter doesn't know what it's like to have the euphoria of their side winning the premiership. It's not happened in their lifetime to experience. Whereas my youngest, who's nearly 10, can remember the excitement of 2008.

I may never see another Grand Final week with Hawthorn being involved, so I'm going to enjoy this one. The team colours displayed proudly every day.

Then I'm really going to let rip when we win.

You do realise we are the underdogs right? I haven't seen this 'cockiness' you're all talking about from our supporters; we're all just stoked to be playing in a Grand Final.

The reason some of our posters have come onto your board is because we were welcome onto Sydney's board all last week; and had surprisingly humble relationship. I can see here in this case it's going to be a great deal similar to the Geelong game; which is a shame because I really wanted to like you more than them and Collingwood.

:thumbsdown:

are you kidding? Was it the Kennett Curse or the fact that Geelong were undermanned and Freo will be almost full-strength?...wait...what?

it was because geelong are a canny, experienced side who seem to have hawthorn in a mind lock. take out the richmond game in the wet and hawthorn lost to one team all season - geelong twice! in two close ones where they looked like winners for 90% of the match.

damn near had us again, too. hawks were pushed by the dockers a few months ago, but I think the hawthorn side have more polish and experience. that will see them over the line, I feel...

Can the Hawks get Leigh Matthews in for some special coaching in the art of old school bif. Shirtfronts, clotheslines and swinging arms ala Neville Bruns incident. If Buddy is off to GWS let him start his career there with a 10 week suspension.
I'm already sick of the media hyping Freo. Ross Lyon is a proven grand final loser.

I've decided to enjoy Grand Final week.

Last year I decided to be low key, pleased that we were in the big one but keeping a lid on everything - it would only be a celebration if we won.

This year, I've thought **** it. It was the comment that Brian Lake made about Grand Final day & it got me thinking. There must only be a handful of Footscray supporters around now who saw the 1954 Premiership live. If you were 10 watching that game at the MCG you'd be close to 70 now. So every other Bulldogs supporter doesn't know what it's like to have the euphoria of their side winning the premiership. It's not happened in their lifetime to experience. Whereas my youngest, who's nearly 10, can remember the excitement of 2008.

I may never see another Grand Final week with Hawthorn being involved, so I'm going to enjoy this one. The team colours displayed proudly every day.

Then I'm really going to let rip when we win.

I'm taking my boy to the game. He's 4. Won't have him asking me the same queries I make of my old man (didn't take me to the gfs in the 80s thought quite happy to talk about going to 61!).

Does anyone else think that Sewell's decision making, when he has the ball, is the worst in the team now? Not to mention his poor kicking. However, has to stay for structure and team consistency. Really need to have a progression plan for Sewell's replacement and put it into action early 2014.

You do realise we are the underdogs right? I haven't seen this 'cockiness' you're all talking about from our supporters; we're all just stoked to be playing in a Grand Final.

The reason some of our posters have come onto your board is because we were welcome onto Sydney's board all last week; and had surprisingly humble relationship. I can see here in this case it's going to be a great deal similar to the Geelong game; which is a shame because I really wanted to like you more than them and Collingwood.

No use asking for love here. Just post your comment(s) and move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we bring our best, or even 80-90%, we'll smash em. If we keep missing freo will make us pay. I hope the boys come out firing, knocking some heads off. I don't care if a few players get suspended. We have to win this year.. Back back GF losses would be devastating and the players know that.

Expect the hawks to come out possessed.

Holy shit, we did it again. The Grand Final. Lets right last years wrong. Carn the hawkers!!

Got news for ya champ, after this week you won't like us at all, and that's regardless of the result.

It's what happens in footy, it's where rivalries are born and so on...

And on Bigfooty, supporters en masse just turn into flogs. Sydney supporters have acted like F-wits all year, it's just what happens.

I'm taking my boy to the game. He's 4. Won't have him asking me the same queries I make of my old man (didn't take me to the gfs in the 80s thought quite happy to talk about going to 61!).
I hope he really enjoys it & doesn't get overawed by the noise etc. More importantly, I hope you & he can share those memories as you grow up together.

Does anyone else think that Sewell's decision making, when he has the ball, is the worst in the team now? Not to mention his poor kicking. However, has to stay for structure and team consistency. Really need to have a progression plan for Sewell's replacement and put it into action early 2014.
Go & watch the Box Hill - Geelong VFL game on iView. You'll see that the progression plan is well & truly in place.

Underdogs?

Do you seriously think at this time of year, after burying the Swans with an effort that most commentators think is the best they've EVER seen, you deserve the "underdog" status?????

FFS mate. Get a grip. Freo is the hottest favourite since Pharlap.

You have read some of your supporters posts on here right? Humble is not the word I'd be using.

Underdogs?

Do you seriously think at this time of year, after burying the Swans with an effort that most commentators think is the best they've EVER seen, you deserve the "underdog" status?????

FFS mate. Get a grip. Freo is the hottest favourite since Pharlap.

They had a host of players missing + exhausted from playing consecutive weeks. We were always favourites; and Geelong is nowhere near as good as everyone pumps them up to be.

Ignore the BT tugfest on Saturday night commentary.

They had a host of players missing + exhausted from playing consecutive weeks. We were always favourites; and Geelong is nowhere near as good as everyone pumps them up to be.

Ignore the BT tugfest on Saturday night commentary.

What??? Are you seriously trying to claim underdog status in the back of your supernatural effort last night???

Come on. Freo is a dead set cert.

He was pretty good in the qualify againts the swans..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back