Autopsy Hawks unplug the Power - Rd 10, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win.. back in the 8 for the moment.

We won purely out of scores from turnovers, nothing else but our ability to pressure up and force Port into skill errors.

- lost contested balls
- lost uncontested balls
- smacked in clearances
- had 11 more clangers

We managed to simply make the most out of Ports turnovers, it was a typical Clarko coached game and when we execute like today we are hard to beat.

Gunno best game for quite some time, Worps great early, Chad a great return, Hendo killing it and leading our B&F. Concerning a tad is Jags game, had very little impact, looked way off it, has struggled to really influence the game for a month or so.. Jags really needs to ride shot gun, he isn’t the star number 1 mid, he’ll be a more damaging footballer when Titch is back.

Overall great to get the win, we would love more scores from general play but when we pressure like we did today we can cause some trouble.

We controlled the ball for majority of the game. It was all on our terms. Superb set up.

Very good games from Gunston, Shiels, Worpel, Henderson, Sic...Just a great effort across the board.

Hopefully Scrim is just precautionary.

Go at it.
I’m surprised you’re available to post given your propensity to immediately rewatch Tassie games

We won purely out of scores from turnovers, nothing else but our ability to pressure up and force Port into skill errors.

- lost contested balls
- lost uncontested balls
- smacked in clearances
- had 11 more clangers

We managed to simply make the most out of Ports turnovers, it was a typical Clarko coached game and when we execute like today we are hard to beat.

Gunno best game for quite some time, Worps great early, Chad a great return, Hendo killing it and leading our B&F. Concerning a tad is Jags game, had very little impact, looked way off it, has struggled to really influence the game for a month or so.. Jags really needs to ride shot gun, he isn’t the star number 1 mid, he’ll be a more damaging footballer when Titch is back.

Overall great to get the win, we would love more scores from general play but when we pressure like we did today we can cause some trouble.
How was Pops?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome game from Jack... He is always better for us at FF rather than a MrFixit many other weeks. Seems to have his straight kicking boots on too.

Ricky is also awesome. Such a worker.

Although he didnt have a lot of it, Frawley did a good job, and Timmy also...

Only concern for me is way too few goals to Poppy & Breust.

- lost contested balls
- lost uncontested balls
- smacked in clearances
- had 11 more clangers

You know frees against and a few other weird things are clangers too right?

We had 9 less turnovers.

Our Pittbull was good in positioning and tackling but dropped a lot of gettable marks - in other words, he's getting to the marks and could easily improve into a monster if he just practices that skill. Easy change would result in a lot of upside.

And btw, to those calling for Poppy to be dropped, egg on face. Give him another season.

He's been sort of mentioned, but gee, I thought Glass looked like a real 'born to it' footy player today.
He didn't overrun because of unbridled endeavour, so he stayed around the contest and ball and took just a bit more time...
Looked relaxed in his body language, and for the first time since his first few games (where his sheer speed and manic activity made the ball spill his way) I thought I saw a future regular for the HFC.
Well done young man.

We haven't seen enough of Scrimshaw to say much of anything, in comparison to Birchall or otherwise. Dude can't stay on the field to save his mother's life.

I've seen enough. We got a bargain.

Was having another excellent game today too until he went off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back