Opinion Hawthorn - Clarkson - Fagan Racism Investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

This has a bit of a stink attached to it... or am I misreading things?

Allegedly fiddling the books, it wont have any bearing on the investigation even if his character is trashed because he was just the go-between in bringing Hawthorn players and WAGs to the table.

nope, he has most likely defrauded that organisation. It's unfortunately far too common.
Unfortunately way way way too common in all things to do with indigenous organisatuons....money filtered off before it actually gets to the folk in dire needs.

This recently down Warrnambool way...and we're not talking peanuts either...

Last edited:
Unfortunately way way way too common in all things to do with indigenous organisatuons....money filtered off before it actually gets to the folk in dire needs.

Ah ATSIC. an organization so corrupt it was disbanded which will soon have its existence enshrined in our constitution.

Way too common in many community organisations receiving government funding, mostly white middle class ones, which the media has no interest in. I used to prosecute them.

Way too common in many community organisations receiving government funding, mostly white middle class ones, which the media has no interest in. I used to prosecute them.
White middle class organizations would vastly outnumber indigenous community organizations I’d chance to say so of course you’d be prosecuting more.

I wonder how it would look as a percentage, without pointing a finger or looking for a particular outcome.

I've watched a report on that bloke, he's been a colossal POS his entire life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

White middle class organizations would vastly outnumber indigenous community organizations I’d chance to say so of course you’d be prosecuting more.

I wonder how it would look as a percentage, without pointing a finger or looking for a particular outcome.
Without wanting to open a Pandora's Box, you have to remember the history of government throwing money at indigenous groups and the pressure government departments placed on those groups to spend that money so the department continued to receive those budget allocations in future years. The culture of corruption starts with the government itself.

The view inside the AGS office at the time was many indigenous organizations weren't able to distinguish between a genuine wish for the government to account for funds and the nod and wink approaches they were more accustomed to. This would be discovered at the end of a program when funds had to be accounted for. There were exceptions obviously.

Non-indigenous organizations more often than not got into trouble because other people involved in the program would dob them in due to some pretty brazen attempts to rort the system. One particular case that comes to mind was a man in the Riverland who received funding to train unemployed people and basically used them as laborers to renovate his own home.

Neither is good for taxpayers. But the media creates a narrative that IMO isn't a balanced representation.

Without wanting to open a Pandora's Box, you have to remember the history of government throwing money at indigenous groups and the pressure government departments placed on those groups to spend that money so the department continued to receive those budget allocations in future years. The culture of corruption starts with the government itself.

The view inside the AGS office at the time was many indigenous organizations weren't able to distinguish between a genuine wish for the government to account for funds and the nod and wink approaches they were more accustomed to. This would be discovered at the end of a program when funds had to be accounted for. There were exceptions obviously.

Non-indigenous organizations more often than not got into trouble because other people involved in the program would dob them in due to some pretty brazen attempts to rort the system. One particular case that comes to mind was a man in the Riverland who received funding to train unemployed people and basically used them as laborers to renovate his own home.

Neither is good for taxpayers. But the media creates a narrative that IMO isn't a balanced representation.

It’s not just the NGOs though, bureaucracy has the same ‘spend budget or else we’ll lose it’ culture. Governments didn’t ‘do this’ to aboriginal organisations, they just imposed their own belief as to what constitutes best practice.

You would think after a break he would be refreshed... but still has some anger management issues...

I can’t believe this isn’t a bigger story. While deserved - Tex got 6 weeks for a racial comment that was overheard, we have a coach under investigation for racial bullying and harassment sending what can only be interpreted as a threatening comment to a female journo who asked a question - about an issue that was already public (doing her job)

Unbelieveable that he is allowed to coach in this league. Abusing/threatening umpires at a junior footy game - how long does his rap sheet need to be?

Junior footy
Racial bullying
Threatening women

What other important issue that the AFL prides itself on can Clarko crap all over?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I can’t believe this isn’t a bigger story. While deserved - Tex got 6 weeks for a racial comment that was overheard, we have a coach under investigation for racial bullying and harassment sending what can only be interpreted as a threatening comment to a female journo who asked a question - about an issue that was already public (doing her job)

Unbelieveable that he is allowed to coach in this league. Abusing/threatening umpires at a junior footy game - how long does his rap sheet need to be?

Junior footy
Racial bullying
Threatening women

What other important issue that the AFL prides itself on can Clarko crap all over?

the racial bullying bit, at present, is a beat up. They canvassed only aboriginal people in that report. There's definitely evidence that he's an horrific bully, but there's no evidence that there's a racial aspect, especially given this recent indiscretion and Sam Mitchell's experience. The problem we have in society today is that it's ok to call someone a deadbeat loser if they're a deadbeat loser and white. But labelling anyone else similarly is immediately challenged as racism. I think it's because the overwhelming majority of people haven't actually experienced living anything other than their middle income suburban lives.

the racial bullying bit, at present, is a beat up. They canvassed only aboriginal people in that report. There's definitely evidence that he's an horrific bully, but there's no evidence that there's a racial aspect, especially given this recent indiscretion and Sam Mitchell's experience. The problem we have in society today is that it's ok to call someone a deadbeat loser if they're a deadbeat loser and white. But labelling anyone else similarly is immediately challenged as racism. I think it's because the overwhelming majority of people haven't actually experienced living anything other than their middle income suburban lives.

I did say under investigate but fair that it’s not proven.

How would you go in your workplace though if you made that comment to a female colleague and had significant form (the junior umpire) plus damage company property deliberately (punching hole in the wall). This bloke is deified as a guru of the sport and would have most likely - with the accumulation - been sacked from most workplaces.

And yet the stories are about his humiliation regarding the junior incident, he agreed to pay to fix the wall, he apologised to the reporter, he denied the accusations with the bullying and that’s still pending

Top shelf bloke - not a single sanction against him.

Laughable

How would you go in your workplace though if you made that comment to a female colleague and had significant form (the junior umpire) plus damage company property deliberately (punching hole in the wall). This bloke is deified as a guru of the sport and would have most likely - with the accumulation - been sacked from most workplaces.

And yet the stories are about his humiliation regarding the junior incident, he agreed to pay to fix the wall, he apologised to the reporter, he denied the accusations with the bullying and that’s still pending

Laughable

welcome to the sharp edge of the wedge. Performance and success is all that matters. A huge mistake that the average dolt makes is applying their personal views on workplace culture to extreme workplace environments. Most people have permanent jobs, protected by law as long as they don't screw up massively. And then there's the public servants, who almost can't be fired, but love to criticise everything that doesn't align exactly with their experience. There's a CoP on that tells us how cool water needs to be in a break room and how many m2 per person the room should be. Tell that to a soldier or firefighter about to put their life on the line in their workplace.

Clarko performs, he's a bully, why do you care?

welcome to the sharp edge of the wedge. Performance and success is all that matters. A huge mistake that the average dolt makes is applying their personal views on workplace culture to extreme workplace environments. Most people have permanent jobs, protected by law as long as they don't screw up massively. And then there's the public servants, who almost can't be fired, but love to criticise everything that doesn't align exactly with their experience. There's a CoP on that tells us how cool water needs to be in a break room and how many m2 per person the room should be. Tell that to a soldier or firefighter about to put their life on the line in their workplace.

Clarko performs, he's a bully, why do you care?

Because he is a standout in the industry. As a successful leader of young men he should set an example - do any other coaches have his track record? Including winning coaches

I just get the sh1ts about the inconsistency in when the AFL decide to punish someone and not someone else.

Your a big supporter of his - or believe he is unfairly maligned and that’s okay. I agree innocent until proven guilty - but how many negative headlines is Clarko allowed to create for the game and walk off scot free? I guess he just keeps being Clarko and we all turn blind eye

Because he is a standout in the industry. As a successful leader of young men he should set an example - do any other coaches have his track record? Including winning coaches

I just get the sh1ts about the inconsistency in when the AFL decide to punish someone and not someone else.

Your a big supporter of his - or believe he is unfairly maligned and that’s okay. I agree innocent until proven guilty - but how many negative headlines is Clarko allowed to create for the game and walk off scot free? I guess he just keeps being Clarko and we all turn blind eye

the AFL isn't inconsistent. They punish the weak to suit their obvious agendas. If you're not weak, you don't wear it and they back down because negative publicity is agenda item 1. You think they're inconsistent because you reckon we've been dealt with more harshly than others over the journey. We haven't, it's us and it was never a problem under Sanders et al. It became a problem under Trigg/Chappy.

Laughable

Wrong question, should ask how would you go if you were a coach from the Crows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Hawthorn - Clarkson - Fagan Racism Investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back