Play Nice Hawthorn culture and Fagan

Remove this Banner Ad

This is going to be a very touchy subject.

There will be a very broad range of opinions about the correct way to handle this.

I'll remind everyone to post respectfully at this time - sniping at each other is not going to help.

Any continued pointless back and forth will get a day or more to cool off. If you want to avoid this fate, let it go.

Last edited:

Looks like it’s going to the federal court, interesting that Fagan and Clarkson most likely won’t be named and could only be called as witnesses. Does this mean that there was no real case against them in the first place?

Looks like it’s going to the federal court, interesting that Fagan and Clarkson most likely won’t be named and could only be called as witnesses. Does this mean that there was no real case against them in the first place?
A fascinating development. I am not versed in the consequences of Fages and Clarko not being named but by default it would appear that means that legally they have no case to answer and that the complainants are going to go for the Hawthorn FC for an unsafe workplace...at the end of the day, Hawthorn and the AFL will be the honeypot for a payout.

A fascinating development. I am not versed in the consequences of Fages and Clarko not being named but by default it would appear that means that legally they have no case to answer and that the complainants are going to go for the Hawthorn FC for an unsafe workplace...at the end of the day, Hawthorn and the AFL will be the honeypot for a payout.
In any litigation, sadly the plaintiff will always go after the party with the deepest pockets or the party they perceive as most willing to settle also with deep pockets. Hopefully for Fages by my untrained eye when he genuinely seems universally loved by indigenous players league wide, that won’t be him and hopefully he is formally exonerated if that is in the fact the right word.

Yeah I am also unsure but early on after the Jackson article, it seemed like it was all about Fages, Clarkson and Burt. If the ex players were so adamant, why would they not be named now and will the coaches now look at legal action? Many questions and few answers.

Yeah I am also unsure but early on after the Jackson article, it seemed like it was all about Fages, Clarkson and Burt. If the ex players were so adamant, why would they not be named now and will the coaches now look at legal action? Many questions and few answers.

Closest nexus + best prospects of receiving an appropriate settlement is the employer.

Closest nexus + best prospects of receiving an appropriate settlement is the employer.
Totally understand that argument but if they were so specific in their accusations then you would think the coaches would at least be on the ticket. It seems like for all the damage that has been done it looks like the accusations wouldn’t stand up in court.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Statement of Claim by Ex-Hawks players has been uploaded to the Federal Court website. Nothing new about Fages.

There's a number of serious allegations against the other Hawks staff though. One of the more mundane and surreal ones is that Clarko showed up, unannounced, to a meeting with several Hawks players who were planning to boycott the next game with a guitar in hand to sing a song asking them not to boycott.

Last edited:
The Statement of Claim by Ex-Hawks players has been uploaded to the Federal Court website. Nothing new about Fages.

There's a number of serious allegations against the other Hawks staff though. One of the more mundane and surreal ones is that Clarko showed up, unannounced, to a meeting with several Hawks players who were planning to boycott the next game with a guitar in hand to sing a song asking them not to boycott.
I heard he flew a plane over training one day and released trails saying “please don’t boycott”

That’s a lot of reading.

For those who don't wish to read it, this is the extent of Fagan's alleged involvement in the complaint.

1722838704098.png

jack-nicholson-yes.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice Hawthorn culture and Fagan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back