Analysis Hawthorn rebuild: are they tanking?

Should Hawks Be Punished?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How long has their rebuilding process been going on for? It's nearing a decade (started around 2016) so it's about time they started showing something for their tanking mediocrity.
Derp.

The rebuild started in 2021 when we cut Clarkson.

When people remember this season they'll talk about Carlton choking their run home to finals, so yes I call it an almighty choke job over anything else. I don't rate the Hawks whatsoever, just as I don't rate Geelong. They are making up the numbers while the Blues are imploding
You don't have to rate them, but both have won 4 flags since your club last won one and for most of this century have been well run organisations. That kind of culture partly explains how rebuilding or over the hill sides are playing better football when it matters than a premiership contender in their peak period.

Carlton remain a laughing stock until they can prove otherwise. With this list and every other club faltering for large parts of the season, making a grand final would've been par. Somehow they may not even play finals.

Anyway to bring it back to relevancy to the thread, it is laughably immature to not acknowledge how well the side who thumped yours are playing.

No they won't. They will remember Hawthorns amazing run. No one remembers shit teams.

You're clearly not a Pies fan. For us, this memory with Maher shattered will almost endure longer than our flag last year.

"And for Carlton, a ninth straight season without finals."

You don't have to rate them, but both have won 4 flags since your club last won one and for most of this century have been well run organisations. That kind of culture partly explains how rebuilding or over the hill sides are playing better football when it matters than a premiership contender in their peak period.

Carlton remain a laughing stock until they can prove otherwise. With this list and every other club faltering for large parts of the season, making a grand final would've been bar. Somehow they may not even play finals.

Anyway to bring it back to relevancy to the thread, it is laughably immature to not acknowledge how well the side who thumped yours are playing.
Ok

Animated GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not even slightly salty about it, Blues were traffic cones out there today. Hawks didn't impress me at all, they don't have the talent to make a dent in finals.
😂 ok mete.

😂 Maybe if you’re simple.

Or maybe there are non yellow and brown fans that don't have the time to preoccupy themselves what bottom dwelling garbage teams label their on-going mediocrity for near a decade.

Whatever it was, topping up, tanking, etc... it was all the same crap from the point of view of a neutral observer. Hawks could console themselves by categorizing as something else, whatever made them sleep soundly at night.

Talk about putting the cart before the horse. Last time I checked you need to make the Top 8 and win one before you get to lift a cup let alone a dynasty. For all we know your dynasty could end up in the same place that Sydney's and Carlton's one is now heading.
Wtf you on about. This team, my club yknow the Hawks? They are the most successful team of the modern era. By aggregate we are the best of the last 50 years. Second is West Coast. I've been to 5 grand finals, alive for 8 premierships. No horse. No cart. Not worried.

Wtf you on about. This team, my club yknow the Hawks? They are the most successful team of the modern era. By aggregate we are the best of the last 50 years. Second is West Coast. I've been to 5 grand finals, alive for 8 premierships. No horse. No cart. Not worried.
Zones and priority picks. The brown and yellow fell in a heap when inequitable zones were removed and replaced by the draft and only became relevant again after shamelessly tanking for years and receiving priority picks.

Zones and priority picks. The brown and yellow fell in a heap when inequitable zones were removed and replaced by the draft and only became relevant again after shamelessly tanking for years and receiving priority picks.
Well that's just false, but you do you.

Geelong the greatest team of all.... But Hawthorn are just a bit better.

Or maybe there are non yellow and brown fans that don't have the time to preoccupy themselves what bottom dwelling garbage teams label their on-going mediocrity for near a decade.

Whatever it was, topping up, tanking, etc... it was all the same crap from the point of view of a neutral observer. Hawks could console themselves by categorizing as something else, whatever made them sleep soundly at night.
Best to say nothing and be thought a fool than to post the ignorant crap that you did in a thread about a specific team and prove it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Hawthorn rebuild: are they tanking?

Back