Analysis Hawthorn rebuild: are they tanking?

Should Hawks Be Punished?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks supporters going on about dynasties after winning 1 final lol

This is like Freo going on about dynasties after 2022 or St Kilda going on about dynasties after 2020

At least Hawthorn contests finals, when did Essendon last win one ?

/s

Hawks supporters going on about dynasties after winning 1 final lol

This is like Freo going on about dynasties after 2022 or St Kilda going on about dynasties after 2020
Oh, keep melting about handing off mass for nothing, you massive loser.

We’ve all read your posts throughout the year. 😂

Yes we did this in 2007 and we only won one final then too
Great things are likely ahead for Hawthorn.

But losing a final as favourites is a wasted opportunity and so is being knocked out as the form team of the comp. I don't believe either of those things happened in 2007. There was also a dominant team that year. Not in 2024.

Win, lose or draw tonight, 2024 has been a hell of a ride.

Dare I say it, but rebuilds are….fun.
Indeed

May even have surpassed your ambitious hopes at seasons start.

Might be a bit raw at a moment, but that close sort of loss may be better in the long run.

Hawks fans proclaiming dynasty after losing a semi - forgot how delightful you bunch are. Keep it coming.
One clear tongue in cheek comment about winning the next 12 flags and you get your knickers in a twist. Username checks out.

It's been half a season of Hawthorn being good and everything about them is utterly unbearable.

Just when you had sucked us in to thinking you were going to be shit for another few years too.

At least we had the decency to piss off for a few years.

You're farmers and country footballers should really do the same for the sanity of the rest of us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be an inter sting watch next year.

I have the Hawks either

A). Continue upwards and end up a top four team and contending.

Or

B). Out of the eight completely as they have a flat year due to a harder draw, being the hunted and some younger players just 'expecting it t heppen' attitude.

Either way I don't see them in the 5-8 range for some reason.

Great things are likely ahead for Hawthorn.

But losing a final as favourites is a wasted opportunity and so is being knocked out as the form team of the comp. I don't believe either of those things happened in 2007. There was also a dominant team that year. Not in 2024.
Hawthorn were a slight favourite for the Semi against North in 07

Hawthorn were a slight favourite for the Semi against North in 07
I figured the odds would've been close.

I guess in that respect it was a similar situation as Geelong pulverised NM in the QF.

But Hawks weren't the form team of the comp in '07. Their last few months of 2024 were a bit '08-ish if anything. A similar fear factor for opposition. I think more people are relieved they're knocked out than they were in '07.

Will be an inter sting watch next year.

I have the Hawks either

A). Continue upwards and end up a top four team and contending.

Or

B). Out of the eight completely as they have a flat year due to a harder draw, being the hunted and some younger players just 'expecting it t heppen' attitude.

Either way I don't see them in the 5-8 range for some reason.
Fair comment. People thought Freo would make the jump into the top 4 after 2022 but that didn't happen.

I'm just worried that the Hawks are focusing too much on defenders when I think a good medium forward is exactly what they need (like Georgiadis last night)

Fair comment. People thought Freo would make the jump into the top 4 after 2022 but that didn't happen.

I'm just worried that the Hawks are focusing too much on defenders when I think a good medium forward is exactly what they need (like Georgiadis last night)
Yes but two A Grade defenders allows one of Sicily or Weddle to go forward which fixes that problem.

Agree. Plus maybe another A grade mid. However you'd think Mackenzie and Day being fully fit could fulfil that. A fit and consistent Mitch Lewis should provide the missing forward tall.

I figured the odds would've been close.

I guess in that respect it was a similar situation as Geelong pulverised NM in the QF.

But Hawks weren't the form team of the comp in '07. Their last few months of 2024 were a bit '08-ish if anything. A similar fear factor for opposition. I think more people are relieved they're knocked out than they were in '07.

I think we were due for a flat game.

Played pretty poorly against a side running full of emotion, backs to the wall, legacies on the line in a hostile crowd and was an inch away from pipping them.

Not a bad effort.
Think it's the type of loss to galvanize a team. So I hope anyway.

Be interesting to see how the hawks do next year with a top 6 draw, not sure they have the talent to compete, especially in the midfield and up forward, am particularly interested in how they react to being given some of their own medicine, they seem to enjoy trolling, but cannot handle it coming the other way, i call it #sookball

Be interesting to see how the hawks do next year with a top 6 draw, not sure they have the talent to compete, especially in the midfield and up forward, am particularly interested in how they react to being given some of their own medicine, they seem to enjoy trolling, but cannot handle it coming the other way, i call it #sookball

You're still salty Rioli was a better player than Shane Edwards I see

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Hawthorn rebuild: are they tanking?

Back