List Mgmt. Hawthorn Trade and FA news discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree. Pick 15 and whatever else we have to find then you do it tomorrow if you could.

Shiel vs Wingard for what they can both bring to the table is line ball except Wingard can influence games with sausage rolls.
Prefer Wingard as a player but Shiel was a position we really needed. Wingard is the better player imo

LAH LAH LAH LAH NOT LISTENING NOT LISTENING ... Forget Coniglio, Kelly, May, Wingard, Scully, etc, etc

It's not happening gif

We'll be content with Amon and/or Neade and terrorise the draft with pick 14. :eek:

What could go wrong ? :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

I just think teams like Adelaide & Essendon in particular have better lists than us and would tip them to finish higher than us as our list currently stands.
That was exactly everybody said last year, too.

The fact you suddenly think we are suddenly going to spiral in the complete opposite direction to the one we have actually SHOWN, purely because we failed landing ONE player (that we did want) is a sad reminder about how people's perceptions in this place are so warped by this strange trade week hysteria.

No, we didn't get Shiel. But there is week to go, we have our first pick, we have options, and we have Clarkson. Such defeatism just isn't warranted.

Can I throw a left field one out there for people to consider re Wingard.

Last year the Power picked up Rocky Watts and Motlop all on more than 500k a year each.

Could Port possibly be in strife with their cap and doing a GWS and trying to find a couple of bidders and take the best offer for him and clear some cash?
Interesting. They kinda did go all in with all that recycled player splurge so anything’s possible.

I feel if he wanted Hawthorn he would have nominated
BINGO BANGO BONGO.
He knows if he declared us a week ago then he would of got to us without a doubt.
I’m relieved about Shiel. I don’t like how that deal was progressing and never felt he had fully embraced hawthorn as his choice even as we attempted to make a deal with gws.
Looks like DS really wanted *, but knew he was their second choice and used delaying tactics while waiting to see whether they got Jack Martin. When * missed Martin, DS was able to get to the team he wanted.

Looks like we were his back-up plan, but he had convinced HFC we were his first choice.

I doubt he ever considered going to carltank or Aints. He had been through years of being flogged every week, in the early days of GWS - miserable experience.

Either he played the Hawks, blues and aints like musical instruments, or else he is a very confused individual.

Lesson to learn:
beware of dealing with anyone represented by Paul Connors' management company.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to the draft surely wasn't our strategy when convincing JOM/ Titch to commit to us, the draft might help us in 5 years time when they are into their 30s.
Mate you are actually becoming unbearable. Grab a tissue, maybe a slab of concrete and harden the fk up!

The sooking in here has become insanely ridiculous.

We were always in it and Shiel wanted us. We were never going to sell the farm for a guy that’s a good midfielder and has pace. It’s just not how we operate.

Seriously though, we’re fkd.

No youf - Worpel, Morrison, Sic, Hardwick, Nash, Glass, Cousins, Ollie and Moore. Chuck in Mitchell or Jaeger.

Plenty of upside with or without Shiel.

Wingard is a gun. Can't believe people think otherwise. Talent wise only Gray is comparable at PA and in terms of players I'd only rather Gray and Wines from that club.

A higher goal kicking but lower tackling version of Cyril with the ability to do the ridiculous.

Can't understand people stating Wingard is not worth first round pick. 25yro former all Australian already vs unknown 18 year old who could be a bust like O'Rourke.

Easily a first & second round trade for The Chad.

Absolutely a game changer!

All class skill wise & has the capacity to turn a game single handily.

Whoever said he is worth a first cant football

With all the doom and gloom, everyone needs to look at what the hawks did in 2009/10 with player movement and drafting. This period is only part of the picture. No one thought Gibson was A grade when traded in. No one thought mature players like Stratton or Pup drafted past pick 45 would be premiership players. History might not repeat, but Hawks have a strong identification and development system and until they prove otherwise I’d back them in to make the right decisions

Looks like DS really wanted *, but knew he was their second choice and used delaying tactics while waiting to see whether they got Jack Martin. When * missed Martin, DS was able to get to the team he wanted.

Looks like we were his back-up plan, but he had convinced HFC we were his first choice.

I doubt he ever considered going to carltank or Aints. He had been through years of being flogged every week, in the early days of GWS - miserable experience.

Either he played the Hawks, blues and aints like musical instruments, or else he is a very confused individual.

Lesson to learn:
beware of dealing with anyone represented by Paul Connors' management company.
He wanted us, but we weren't prepared to pay what GWS wanted. Connors gave us a few days to work it out. Essendon came back into the frame late, and Connors could see that they were willing to pay the price that GWS were looking for, and directed his client that they were the easiest way to a new home.

Don’t think Wingard will leave Port but hope im wrong.
It sounds like that relationship is dead(between chad and club).

This 7 years contract stuff is what Buddy was given.

Buddy is the biggest in the game. Shiel isn't. Shiel is in the top 20% of players in the league probably, not the top 1-5% like Buddy.

So - who wants him the most?
Just needed to remind myself of what I thought of Shiel before I got caught up in the trade hype.

Now I'm calm.

We missed out on a really good midfielder that we wanted. Not the GOAT.

And we didn't even have to fly him to Noosa on a private jet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back