Hawthorn v Geelong, AFL Round 1 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Franklin unquestionably has his own set of rules.

There was a play in the last quarter where he ran far enough without bouncing to be pinged twice- no way known did the umpire not see it, they just don't like whistling the superstars.

Franklin unquestionably has his own set of rules.

There was a play in the last quarter where he ran far enough without bouncing to be pinged twice- no way known did the umpire not see it, they just don't like whistling the superstars.

Similar to how Judd gets an extra few seconds or an extra attempt to shrug a tackle before geting pinged for holding, now that you mention it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So can Hawks fans stop claiming victory over the Cats now?

Yeah sure you won 08. You won a grand final. Congratulations, I would love my side to do so soon.

But the Cats since then:
-Used the 08 loss to spur them onto a GF victory in 2009 (so basically restoring order)
-They then get a 3rd in 2011, basically making the loss irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. I doubt if they would have both 09 and 11 if they had beaten the Hawks
-10 in a row head-to-head
-That includes a finals victory that was probably the most comprehensive victory of all 10 games, showing the Cats have beaten the finals curse

Hawks since then:
-Had their president shoot his mouth of about the Cats mental state/curse (only to start what may go down as a legendary 'Kennett Curse'
-Finished outside the 8
-Knocked out first round of finals
-Beaten in prelim final (the year Cats beat them in finals and went on to win the premiership)
-Lost a GF
-'Choked' a number of times in front of goal

Great win from the Cats after being 5 goals down and on the wrong end of some terrible umpiring decisions all day.

Massive respect for this Cats team. :thumbsu:

Nope it's the next generation

Possible but Hawthorn should still be around the mark
Dont get me wrong ca, I wanted you guys to win, but you looked to be in trouble half way through the 2 nd half

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn v Geelong, AFL Round 1 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back