How will the 2016 Federal Election pan out?

Remove this Banner Ad

You have just ruined my night by mentioning her name. I have been racking my brain thinking of which comediennes voice she is mimicking. Her voice so annoys me.
It is quite possible he did, will get my vote. What you see is what you will get from him.

Come on, she's got sensational hair. And a snappy dresser. Almost better than Agent Carter.

Is Tony Abbott doing a Kevin Rudd? Claims the Turnbull Gov will be running on the efforts of the Abbott Gov. Gee its not like Malcolm needed any more millstones around his neck.

Labor needs 16 seats just to have a hung parliament. I am not sure if they can get so many but the mood may change once the reality of a 15 week campaign grinds on everyones nerves.

Agree Bill Shorten is as limp as cold spaghetti. Everybody Wiggle.

Is Tony Abbott doing a Kevin Rudd? Claims the Turnbull Gov will be running on the efforts of the Abbott Gov. Gee its not like Malcolm needed any more millstones around his neck.

Labor needs 16 seats just to have a hung parliament. I am not sure if they can get so many but the mood may change once the reality of a 15 week campaign grinds on everyones nerves.

Agree Bill Shorten is as limp as cold spaghetti. Everybody Wiggle.

16 seats based on a list of porkies abbott came up with, and couldnt wait to go back, on, then publicly invited a state premier to go back on his.

Fairs fair all pollies are decietful, but this bunch dont even bother concealing it any more, such is the stupidity of some voters

16 seats based on a list of porkies abbott came up with, and couldnt wait to go back, on, then publicly invited a state premier to go back on his.

Fairs fair all pollies are decietful, but this bunch dont even bother concealing it any more, such is the stupidity of some voters
Australian Politics Rule #1: It's only bad/unforgivable when Labor do it to a much lesser extent.

Rule #4 Satirical Nazi related front pages on the Torygraph are cheaper than spending your own money on advertising or developing good policy
The Murdoch rags should really change their names to the Coalition Chronicle or the Conservative Cheerleader.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Shorten goes in with his negative gearing policy I will preference Labor first. Something desperately needs to be done about housing in this country.

I don't think a housing crash is what it needs personally.

If Shorten goes in with the same policy, I'll be voting against him.

I don't think a housing crash is what it needs personally.

If Shorten goes in with the same policy, I'll be voting against him.
If a housing crash comes from the removal of negative gearing, it was due anyway. Australia's economy can't keep going on being solely dedicated to selling houses to one another based on purchasing debt from overseas, and the government's budget shouldn't be supporting those gambling on it continuing.

Hello someone negative gearing like ****.

Won't affect people who are doing it now re tax savings, but hopefully house prices will stabilise so everyone can afford one. People who have more than one property now won't make the money they thought which is a good thing and only top Enders could afford anyway.

That's the prediction

apparently preference 'deals' are still OK, just not the ability of minor parties to have as much clout as the majors
Preference "deals" will still happen in the Senate, as they do in the HoR. Until how to vote cards are banned there will be prefrerence deals. (Tasmanian and ACT elections work fine without them, they aren't actually banned but no campaigning can take place within a few hundred metres of a polling place effectively rendering them useless as voters don't have to run the gauntlet at the school gate)

Under the new system, they are not automatically allocated by the party receiving the primary vote, but like the HoR are suggested by the party - most notable on HTV cards.

No doubting he'll run a negative campaign as they have no substantive issues to crow about, nor any reform agenda to engage the electorate
Not that is out there yet, though the "innovation" campaign is underway even if the policy seems lacking so far.
Abbott started this term running as an opposition-leader-in-government. Everything Turnbull may have tried to change has been stymied by the nuttery that is Bernardi, Abetz, etc camp. Maybe he will run his own campaign, the signs so far are not promising.

If, as seems likely, he runs largely on the Abbott legacy, Shorten may become yet another PM to get there by default.

Question for those in the know - is what is being described in this article likely to have any appreciable effect on the election results?

http://www.watoday.com.au/federal-p...ter-barnaby-joyces-scalp-20160325-gnqzwr.html

The TL;DR version: the Preference Whisperer reckons the micro-parties will unite against Coalition and Greens MPs sitting in marginal seats (as well as Joyce and Dutton) with preference deals designed to unseat the incumbents.

Remove this Banner Ad

How will the 2016 Federal Election pan out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back