Autopsy Im still shaking are you? One of the great Final comebacks! 6 point winners over GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

• First half felt like a horrible reoccurring nightmare, probably lucky to not be put away. Third qtr felt better but no inroads, and some horrible umpiring stopping us being a goal or 2 closer. Seemed like to little too late. Insane last qtr, and who cares how you got to a home prelim, we got there and that's all that matters.
  • Start better though please - they're a poor finishing team and that gave us a chance. Next team won't will run game out better. This is our chance, can't afford to waste it with sluggish starts.
  • Got the Papley call 100% right was absolutely huge some of his efforts were amazing, set up both the match winning goals. Got the McInerney call 100% wrong...interesting what we do there next match.
  • Heeney huge. Campbell best performance of his career and came in as the sub too. Warner's last qtr. Surprised to see Jordon only had 12 touches, felt like he did some enormous things. Lloyd's best game of the season by a mile. A few pretty good - solid performers after that group as well, but definitely one of those games where a handful did the majority of the heavy lifting.
  • There were a couple that definitely looked a but over awed in the finals heat. Defenders did some stupid things that made it harder than it needed to be.....also why we slip over so fricking much?

Getting the win with relatively little out of our forwards inc Parker, Blakey and Gulden.

I prefer McLean to Grundy in the ruck right now.

Campbell needs to start. Jmac to miss and Adams or fox to sub. Wouldn't say no to dropping Amartey and playing a pressure small.

Hayward is so clean right now (most accurate in the league based on difficulty of shit) and despite his ducking, paps is huge.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

no changes ... every player will walk taller after that, even those who were ordinary ...
amazing ... breathtaking

Best game of the finals so far.
Why was it put on in the graveyard shift?

AFL have no idea what a Swans Giants game is like.

Great win and credit to the Giants they are the second best team in the finals.

For three quarters it was hard work but eventually the Swans came through.. never in doubt.

Giants were extremely good as i thought they would be Toby not firing for them was the difference i reckon.

I know the commentators shat on our defence but I thought Melican, Rampe and Cunningham were brilliant all game long.
Said the same to the old man, exasperated, when they mentioned that.

They had some shocking moments but across four quarters they were better than our forwards and mids and kept us in the game.

Melican was enormous. Once he returned, I immediately thought he was arguably a top 5 most important player for us, and tonight just further confirmed that to me. Rampe was unbelievable as well.

Getting the win with relatively little out of our forwards inc Parker, Blakey and Gulden.

I prefer McLean to Grundy in the ruck right now.

Campbell needs to start. Jmac to miss and Adams or fox to sub. Wouldn't say no to dropping Amartey and playing a pressure small.

Hayward is so clean right now (most accurate in the league based on difficulty of shit) and despite his ducking, paps is huge.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

jmac will be interesting is he rusty or unfit ?

Not like he can run in the twos next week , guess they can do intraclub work .

We are better with a fit Jmac.

Campbell has to start , either Jmac or Parker sub.

Adams would be tempting to pick, especially if they decide not to play Jmac

Said the same to the old man, exasperated, when they mentioned that.

They had some shocking moments but across four quarters they were better than our forwards and mids and kept us in the game.

Melican was enormous. Once he returned, I immediately thought he was arguably a top 5 most important player for us, and tonight just further confirmed that to me. Rampe was unbelievable as well.

Conceding 50 points by HT would lean towards not a great half for our back 6 but where the **** was the midfield for the first half? invisible apart from Rowbottom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Concerning that the midfield was getting demolished early with Tom Green killing us in the contest. Hogan seemed to be getting too much space.

Our defense was under siege as a result and lucky that GWS missed some easy ones. The garbage umpiring didn't help us either.

Heeney was good throughout the game but had no support, we need to find a way to get Gulden and Chad into the game earlier because they will get tagged consistently. It's no coincidence that only when Chad started getting off the chain and find more space in the last did we start looking good again.

Jmac selection was a mistake but luckily Campbell was outstanding after coming on as sub and helped turn the momentum.

Melican was quite good in defence and Rampe blanketed Greene which helps.

Having said that GWS were just playing extremely well for 3 quarters, they were able to run through our zone, push us to kick it long to contests out wide where our forwards were ineffective in marking contests. Needed a bit of luck to get past them. They were by far my biggest concern and hopefully we've just passed the most difficult test this year.

no changes ... every player will walk taller after that, even those who were ordinary ...
amazing ... breathtaking
I just can’t believe Campbell doesn’t start on the ground in the prelim.

McI had absolutely no impact & wont have any opportunity to play again before the PF.

Horse will doubtless stick with the 3 talls.

jmac will be interesting is he rusty or unfit ?

Not like he can run in the twos next week , guess they can do intraclub work .

We are better with a fit Jmac.

Campbell has to start , either Jmac or Parker sub.

Adams would be tempting to pick, especially if they decide not to play Jmac

Jmac was just a mistake probably the worst type of player to try and bring back early from a PCL his kicking lacked penetration.

Adams surely has to start midfield was invisible the first 2 quarters.

Conceding 50 points by HT would lean towards not a great half for our back 6 but where the **** was the midfield for the first half? invisible apart from Rowbottom.
I thought they held up well given the frequency of the entries and the lack of pressure on those entries. We could have been much further behind at half time.

Jmac was just a mistake probably the worst type of player to try and bring back early from a PCL his kicking lacked penetration.

Adams surely has to start midfield was invisible the first 2 quarters.

Heeney and rowbottom aside it was average for 3 quarters .

But what if JMac is better for the run ?

Do not write GWS,we might meet them again and if we do it will be a Grand Final.A great game.
Assuming Brisbane get back to anything near their best, I'm not writing them off either.

I honestly think we could meet anyone on that side of the draw except the Blues in the GF (if we make it).

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Im still shaking are you? One of the great Final comebacks! 6 point winners over GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back